Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

The Royal blues didn't feel like giving out eggs. But my stones are actually better at giving geodes than stones.

anyone want a cb sunstone after it goes off cool down?

otherwise I'm chucking it to the ap

I finally bred the fifth gen in my waterhorse x horse lineage!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/4aRXJ

I'm so happy. This is the first lineage I've completed where all cbs are on my scroll. biggrin.gif

It's so pretty and bright! Congratulations on your success! wink.gif

@ Xythus:

I've considered skywing as a mate for blusang as well. They look quite interesting together. But like you said, the view is a bit off when they're put side by side... *sigh* I really wish TJ can decide on an universal way of lineage view, or like how is done on NDer, showing the whole dragon instead of chopping some bits off. tongue.gif

@ IvyJaclyn, that's really beautiful! Congrats smile.gif

My Flamingo x Tsunami checker lineage is finnished biggrin.gif

As for the Blusangs I like them most with Purple Nebula like this

I like the flamingo/tsunami and all the nebula checkers in your sig, pretty :3

I'm tempted to try a nebula checker with blusangs, alternating the blue/purple colors in it. Maybe adding in green as well.

I let Halloween creep up on me last year, so I didn't get to keep as many dragons as I'd have liked, mainly because I wanted some frozen hatchies. The two I did have time to lineage are pumpkins with dark myst pygmys, using a Sleepy Hallow theme. I have 2nd gen pumpkin eggs from both, I can either breed up dark myst from the same lineages or I need to poke the evengen trade thread when I get egg space and try for a bloodswap.

I am not sure what I'll do with my Shadow Walkers, maybe moonstone crosses. I have a gold that is stairstepped with shadow walkers so I may try to continue that. My marrows, I've done a variety of things but I'd probably go with black and sweetling.

There are my two orange fellows.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/TdK7s http://dragcave.net/lineage/FWhVV

Of course, they refused...

I wish that TJ had not changed so much about breeding. I used to get hardly any refusals, and an egg with almost every breeding... Now I get one egg for 10 or so breedings, and loads and loads of refusals...

My biggest bi*ch about refusals is the fertility.... I think if two breeds are capable of breeding, they should NEVER refuse if Fertility is used!!!! I mean if a couple takes the trouble to get fertility help it's because they want kids and they would not refuse each other.

I am working on a purebred Turpentine lineage. I have some names I really like on it.

like my male with the code RAppi is now named Sir'RAppi. and my Le'Peww family. LOL lineage

Edited by Linda4atc

Of course, they refused...

I wish that TJ had not changed so much about breeding. I used to get hardly any refusals, and an egg with almost every breeding... Now I get one egg for 10 or so breedings, and loads and loads of refusals...

Oh, so he actually changed things to make it happen more often? I thought I had just developed an unfortunate streak. I agree though, I've been getting so many frustrating refusals of late. Most recent was a moonstone x purple ridgewing egg I got as a blood swap - it took forever for our dragons to produce and when I finally got the ridge, my moonstone rejected her. sleep.gif

If things are going to stay like this, I hope TJ implements a BSA that reverses the effects of a refusal.

Something in between all the Blusangs:

I'm working on a RoyalBlue/White-checker. Although as far as I understood "breeding jargon" this isn't really a checker, because for some strange reason someone defined that as not altering the males/females of the breeds between generations. Must have a hell of a checkerboard to play at home...

However, when I joined DC I immediately fell in love with the Royal Blues and Whites, so a (reverse)checker of these it is.

This is my first 5th gen. (And 5th is as far as it'll go for now.)

It's the stand-in for the perfect result, as I want the Royal Navy-guys in the upper half and the ocean-related names in the lower one. But of course they didn't give me the fitting eggs for that yet.

If anyone is interested - the egg can be found in a few minutes at the Even gen gifting/trading thread. wink.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Yeah, I couldn't figure out why the "checker" in DC terms is different that a real checkerboard (or chess) but I've decided to roll with it. smile.gif Anyway, I have this checkerboard that does alternate with gender with each breed. And here's a DC standard checkerboard that I've just started. You can compare it to with the DC standard checker and decide which you like better.

Now, I have a question regarding one of my even gen projects. I realized that it was big enough to incorporate the lyrics of a song I'm currently addicted to but I can't decide if I want to carry the lyrics out to the 5th gen or I just want to give it to the CB dragons. It would be easier to simply break the lyrics up for CB dragons but I know that isn't standard. Suggestions? Song is The Humbling River.

Edited by ytak

Ooh, that's a neat idea!

Maybe I'll try to get a gold grandmother for the top and gold grandfather for a red to breed with it hmmm

Or just copy how this lineage looks but with reds instead of royals biggrin.gif

Thanks for the idea~

You're welcome! I hope you show us your progress as you go. smile.gif

I finally bred the fifth gen in my waterhorse x horse lineage!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/4aRXJ

I'm so happy. This is the first lineage I've completed where all cbs are on my scroll. biggrin.gif

So pretty! Looks a bit like the Charlotte Hornets colors of old . . . (Charlotte NC) and I'm pretty sure that team doesn't exist there anymore lol

http://dragcave.net/lineage/S0DC4

:/ I am not sure if I like this pairing. The shapes and level of detail look nice together, but those colors. Bluh.

I see what you mean, but it feels like such a shame when everything else matches so wonderfully. Then again, neb lineages . . . *shudder*

I miss this thread terribly. sad.gif

Speaking of Nebula lineages: look what I just bred! Hopefully it alts so that I can be one step closer to pushing this baby to 5G. All red vibes you guys can spare are much appreciated. :3

@TCA: I agree completely. I really like the sprites together in terms of style and detail, but the colors just don't sync. :\ I put Blusang x blue Nebula in the lineage viewer and wasn't a huge fan of it -- the male sprite just doesn't work as well with Nebulae as the female one does.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/S0DC4

:/ I am not sure if I like this pairing. The shapes and level of detail look nice together, but those colors. Bluh.

What's wrong with the colors? I like the contrast between them. If you want similarity then make PB lineage.

Well, something we learn in web design is that there is good contrast and bad contrast. Of course not all the same specific rules apply to sprites or lineages, but the general idea still applies. That's a fact. I don't have a problem with the colors specifically, but the effect they have combined. Bad contrast exists, that's a fact.

Now, what TCA said was just an opinion. I happen to share it, but it doesn't mean that everyone will and I don't expect them to. I think it's a little extreme to imply that TCA has a distaste for contrast in general, especially since she's a regular lives in dragon requests. >.>

Anyway, now that I'm finally collecting my Seasonals I'm thinking of doing BSA checkers for each. Naturally I was unoriginal and figured I could do Magi for Summers and Pinks for Springs, buuut then I'm not sure what to do with Autumn/Winter. I could do Red x Autumn and Purple x Winter, but I d'no. Maybe I should do Purple for Springs, Red for Summers, Pink for Winters, and Magi for Autumns? I'm too lazy to put all these in a lineage viewer just now, maybe later.

Well, something we learn in web design is that there is good contrast and bad contrast.

Lol, my eyes screamed for mercy. You should writhe a warning *this may harm your eyes* next to the link xd.png

I had a class of web design in the university, though that was not my subject and I remember most of the things they taught us. I know everyone have different opinion. I just don't share yours in this case. But then Nebula dragons are one of my favourites and I think they look good with (almost)everything smile.gif

If you want my opinion for your Seasonal x BSA lineages I would suggest Summer x Magi, Autumn x Red, Pink x Winter and Spring x Purple. No matter what you decide I would like to see the results happy.gif

Lol, my eyes screamed for mercy. You should writhe a warning *this may harm your eyes* next to the link xd.png

I had a class of web design in the university, though that was not my subject and I remember most of the things they taught us. I know everyone have different opinion. I just don't share yours in this case. But then Nebula dragons are one of my favourites and I think they look good with (almost)everything smile.gif

If you want my opinion for your Seasonal x BSA lineages I would suggest Summer x Magi, Autumn x Red, Pink x Winter and Spring x Purple. No matter what you decide I would like to see the results happy.gif

I share that with you, loving Nebulae I mean. This checker with the Embers is the first project I've ever had the patience to stick to. D: Speaking of, got another Nebula. Moar red vibes please. :c With my luck, they'll both go blue on me. e.e

I think I might do that with the Seasonals. I just put them in lineage viewer and the pairings look nice. :3

EDIT: Also, lastcrazyhorn, my pairing with the Blusangs is still the Tan Ridgewings. wub.gif If I had some CB females of my own...

Edited by Chanilove

I think that Blusangs look nice with Daydreams. Both of these are from 5ilence's scroll, because I don't have a Blusang yet, nor a male Daydream (must fix that).

yay you used my dragons as examples x3 You might want to put the male Daydream on top and the female Blusang on bottom, though.