Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Ahem. wink.gif Though it has fallen back to page 7, so you'd currently only find it if you knew to look for it. Everyone discusses even-gens on this thread because that's the thread topic. smile.gif

-bumps head- I'm so derpy sometimes

its right in the title

lololol

@ tikigurl91: Bahaha, I'd give anything (well, almost :P) to have an alt sweetling! XD

@ hat17: I personally really like the blusang x ridgewing combination. I've bred one myself - only I used a tan ridgewing and I think it looks nice too. :3

Something in between all the Blusangs:

I'm working on a RoyalBlue/White-checker. Although as far as I understood "breeding jargon" this isn't really a checker, because for some strange reason someone defined that as not altering the males/females of the breeds between generations. Must have a hell of a checkerboard to play at home...

However, when I joined DC I immediately fell in love with the Royal Blues and Whites, so a (reverse)checker of these it is.

This is my first 5th gen. (And 5th is as far as it'll go for now.)

It's the stand-in for the perfect result, as I want the Royal Navy-guys in the upper half and the ocean-related names in the lower one. But of course they didn't give me the fitting eggs for that yet.

If anyone is interested - the egg can be found in a few minutes at the Even gen gifting/trading thread. wink.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

@ tikigurl91: Bahaha, I'd give anything (well, almost tongue.gif) to have an alt sweetling! xd.png

Oh I'm not complaining about having an Alt Sweetling, I'm absolutely thrilled I have two, they are one of my favorite dragons. But Regular Sweets make some pretty lineages as well and it would be nice to be able to make some on my own. XP

This is the real checker. The other variants look like a checker way less.

I think most people (myself included) consider checkers to have each breed be the same gender throughout. Of course, you're entitled to call your lineages what you think they look like, but it may cause ever so slight confusion though I can't imagine that much. I personally call those lineages alternating checkerboards/checkers. ^^

edit: terrible grammar ;o

Edited by dragonico

I started up my PB Albino lineage again. biggrin.gif On gen 5 at the moment, and I'm aiming to get to 6th gen so it shouldn't be too hard.

Also, I love Blusangs with Albino dragons. c: I'll have to make a lineage like that myself when I get the chance.

Found this in the AP too, which I think is a pretty combo. c: Waterwalkers aren't used much in lineages from what I've seen so I think it'll be fun.

@sdc:

That's what I thought, too. Last time I checked (no pun intended) chequerboards/checkerboards had an alternating colour scheme between each square, not just alternating lines of colour. wink.gif However, officially for DC the lines obviously are the checker-standard.

@dragonico:

Yes, to avoid confusion I'll usually mention that mine is not a "standard checker", but I still think it funny how the standard looks compared to the thing it's named after. wink.gif

Plus - I prefer reverse/alternating checkers because you get to see both sprites (if you have dimorphistic breeds) of the dragons involved instead of just one. (Except when I like only one of the sprites, then I'm all for standard checkers. wink.gif )

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

So I noticed some people starting to gear up for Halloween! What projects are you working on? What are everyone's EG hopes and plans for this year? biggrin.gif I especially love Halloween since you are allowed more than two so you can actually continue the lineages each year!

I'm doing a Red Dorsal & Marrow checker (like so) and a PB Marrow line (this is the plan) and hopefully a Waverunner and Marrow checker... though I still have to produce a mate for my 2G Marrow from last year (seems like my female Marrows are always on cooldown from something else!). I'm probably going to leave my CBs open and hope I can trade "buyers choice" breedings from my dragons for the same from someone else.

I'm not sure what to do with my Shadow Walkers yet... though I'm hopeful I can trade for a second gen with a Silver mother as a mate for her or if not maybe I will make a PB to be her mate. I don't have a female CB Silver, sadly!

I'd love to see everyone else's projects! smile.gif

Something in between all the Blusangs:

I'm working on a RoyalBlue/White-checker. Although as far as I understood "breeding jargon" this isn't really a checker, because for some strange reason someone defined that as not altering the males/females of the breeds between generations. Must have a hell of a checkerboard to play at home...

However, when I joined DC I immediately fell in love with the Royal Blues and Whites, so a (reverse)checker of these it is.

This is my first 5th gen. (And 5th is as far as it'll go for now.)

It's the stand-in for the perfect result, as I want the Royal Navy-guys in the upper half and the ocean-related names in the lower one. But of course they didn't give me the fitting eggs for that yet.

If anyone is interested - the egg can be found in a few minutes at the Even gen gifting/trading thread. wink.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

I've done projects like that as well, though not as often. I secretly think of them as "proper" checkers. smile.gif I'd love a sibling sometime, if you're taking requests!

@Sorrowgrave - I just tried for an egg for you, but no luck. One of my Rosebuds is on cool-down atm though, so I can try her for you when she comes off.

@kleptomaniac: I can breed a 3rd gen PB Albino if you need, plus unrelated 2nd gens. And that's a nice combo with the Water Walker - I keep wanting to do something with the funny-looking fellows but I get stumped for a good match for them.

RE Halloween: I'll be breeding myself a nice 3rd gen PB Marrow (intended as a mate for him), and maybe seeing if I can breed mates for him and her from my Shadow Walkers. Oh, and a Marrow sibling of her, too. And I really must breed a Purple mate for him - there's no such thing as too many Purples! tongue.gif Otherwise I'll probably leave my options open as regards breeding my CBs - I'm travelling and have no idea what kind of connection I'll have, so I can't rely on being able to nab tasty things from the AP and will probably have to trade for stuff. wink.gif

ETA: Oooo, I almost forgot him and her! ohmy.gif They'll need nice SW mates too. And I think that will neatly fill *all* my egg slots! xd.png

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Here are my Halloween plans!

Pumpkins: I'm working on a male pygmy x female pumpkin checker. I will breed two 4th gen pumpkins like this and already have mates lined up, so I'm set to get to 6th gen next year! Also plan to breed a 3rd gen PB for myself.

Marrows: Will breed a marrow sibling to this silver, and one 2nd gen PB for myself. Also, make an attempt to find a marrow mate for this gold dragon. If I can't find a 3rd gen, I can breed a 2nd gen & lineage swap to build a mate for next year. (If anyone can breed such a marrow, and would be willing to trade, please let me know what you would want for it!)

Shadow Walkers: I have 4 CB pairs... I'm thinking about breeding & keeping 2nd gen PBs from all of them. In two more years, I could have a 4th gen PB shadow walker all from my own scroll. That would be pretty neat.

Looking forward to breeding these two trades together:

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=5&mate=P8nfC

Ooooo, very nice! *sends romance vibes*

I bred this because of the parents' codes, but I rather like the colour combination and am hoping it'll be female (I didn't use influence) - someone stop me before I start on a new project! rolleyes.gif

@codyne: I have two pairs of CB Golds and four pairs of CB Marrows, so I can help you out if you need - let me know closer to the time. Not sure what I'd want in return yet, but depending on my connection it may just be some of this year's Halloween dragon. smile.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

You're all making me so sad! I have no Halloween plans. D: I was without Internet for the last Halloween season, and hadn't started playing yet for all the previous ones. I came back from my hiatus just in time to pick up some messy Christmas eggs from the AP and a couple Winter Magis. *fail*

Well, I suppose I do have Halloween plans. Catching a CB Gold a day or so in advance and hoping to stock up on IOU's. ^^ Someone's promised to breed me a few already, so I'll (hopefully) be able to collect a 2G of each breed.

Amazon: For some reason, those colors actually DO look good together. o.O I'm sorry, I can't stop you -- I kinda wanna see how it turns out. xP

My only halloween plans are getting a checker mate for my rosebud. I've sorted out an IOU for it, but I hope they'll be around come halloween!

I've been missing for a few years though so the last CB halloween egg I got was the Vampire. ... that kind of sucks, but oh well. I'll just be looking for pretty even gens of what I don't already have.

*sends Amazon's dragon girly vibes*

Edited by kleptomaniac

I think most people (myself included) consider checkers to have each breed be the same gender throughout. Of course, you're entitled to call your lineages what you think they look like, but it may cause ever so slight confusion though I can't imagine that much. I personally call those lineages alternating checkerboards/checkers. ^^

edit: terrible grammar ;o

(Lantean_Pegasus @ Aug 23 2012, 08:29 AM) your lineage is Gorgeous! http://dragcave.net/lineage/e4JjF I have fallen into the habit of calling that a "Perfect" checker/ checkerboard.

The others I call checkers just because it's the norm but to me they would be better just called something like alternating lineage.

There are some awesome Lineages and Cool Halloween lineages being shown. I was stupid when the Marrows came out I thought we could only have two so I only have a single caveborn pair. I wasn't very active for the prior Halloween releases even really n though I started in 2008.

Last year I bred my marrows with reds for my cousin, who I got started in the cave. She could really use red mates for these http://dragcave.net/lineage/uen2l and http://dragcave.net/lineage/bLRjo if somebody wants to breed them for us. She doesn't do the forum, yet (I'm working on her wink.gif).

I have this lineage I love http://dragcave.net/lineage/S3fXB I think maybe I will just try for a Purebred Marrow with my pair this year.

As for the Shadow Walkers I have started a Shadow walker x Nocturn and Shadow Walker x Gray lineage that are both just caveborn Shadows. Maybe if I try one of those I could do a Checker lineage. But I think a Purebreds would be a smarter choice for me on those too...

I have lots of pretty lines planned for my Marrows. biggrin.gif

I have a 3rd Even Gen PB, a Red x Marrow Checker, Silver x Marrow Checker, a Red Dorsal x Marrow Checker (which I still need to get a mate for the Marrow). I even have a Marrow x Snow Angel Stair line planned and I'm still not sure if I want to continue This as a Stair or breed it with my other guy to make a Marrow x Sweetling Checker. I think I'm going to do a checker this year and find proper mate for both of them later, for next year.

Finally got around to picking up some eggs with nice lineages. biggrin.gif

I have this neat 5G red View Lineage

I also have a 5G purebred red egg, if these two gender differently I'll partner them up for a while.

Neat to start breeding up another purebred 5G red, haha.

Also a partner for my 3G geode (all stone ancestors) View Lineage

What do you think would be an ideal partner for this royal blue? Needa figure out something to compliment those golds, hmm.

View Lineage

Also need some help figuring out ideal partners for these guys, too:

Harvest 5G View Lineage

Ultraviolet 3G View Lineage

Edited by Ferrets

What do you think would be an ideal partner for this royal blue? Needa figure out something to compliment those golds, hmm.

View Lineage

I think a lineage with a lot of red dragons would complement that nicely. You could have a lineage devoted to primary colors then. smile.gif

I think a lineage with a lot of red dragons would complement that nicely. You could have a lineage devoted to primary colors then. smile.gif

Ooh, that's a neat idea!

Maybe I'll try to get a gold grandmother for the top and gold grandfather for a red to breed with it hmmm

Or just copy how this lineage looks but with reds instead of royals biggrin.gif

Thanks for the idea~

Also need some help figuring out ideal partners for these guys, too:

Harvest 5G View Lineage

Oh hey, I bred that harvest! Glad it found a good home. I was trying for a royal blue. It's part of my endless Event lineage (all the interbreedable Event dragons in order of their release, with all the 3rd gens a different breed). If you'd like to continue that theme, here's the rest of the project so far: 7th gen white Event. I could breed you a 5th gen from any of the 4th gen pairs in this dragon's lineage. Maybe a sibling to Fluffy Ribbons? It would look like this.

Otherwise, I think a similar 5th gen with half blue/green tones and half black/yellow/red colors would be nice.

@Amazon_warrior, thanks for the offer! I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Does anyone want any 3rd gen purebreds or 2nd gens before I go back on a CB catching spree? My fogs and female GWs are probably all on cooldown, but I have most everything else, including the new releases. My influences are on cooldown so I can't safely do lineage eggs for myself for a wee bit. Just poke me in PMs!

Does anyone want any 3rd gen purebreds or 2nd gens before I go back on a CB catching spree? My fogs and female GWs are probably all on cooldown, but I have most everything else, including the new releases. My influences are on cooldown so I can't safely do lineage eggs for myself for a wee bit. Just poke me in PMs!

I have a 2nd geode (stone parents) and a 2nd purebred Royal Blue, if you can breed up 2nd gens of those. biggrin.gif

Or 2nd/3rd gen stone/red

Oh hey, I bred that harvest! Glad it found a good home. I was trying for a royal blue. It's part of my endless Event lineage (all the interbreedable Event dragons in order of their release, with all the 3rd gens a different breed). If you'd like to continue that theme, here's the rest of the project so far: 7th gen white Event. I could breed you a 5th gen from any of the 4th gen pairs in this dragon's lineage. Maybe a sibling to Fluffy Ribbons? It would look like this.

Otherwise, I think a similar 5th gen with half blue/green tones and half black/yellow/red colors would be nice.

@Amazon_warrior, thanks for the offer! I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Oh wow, thanks for breeding such a nice harvest hahaha!

I'd love a sibling of Fluffy Ribbons, that'd be such a neat lineage, oooh.

And I can't wait to see how this breeding project goes.

Edited by Ferrets