Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Oh that's lovely. I can't help but think he'd go great with this... Copying the lineage with reds instead of hollies and advancing the Val 09s could look nice though.

Ah, guys, I kinda need a 3G Rosebud checker from Silvers for a mate for something. Is anyone breeding that lineage?

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

I caught this egg and love it dearly. My only problem is that my scroll is coded for alts. While I've offered it for trade I have yet to receive an offer that even remotely tempts me.

My question, what would you do to continue the lineage?

Edited by ytak

I caught this egg and love it dearly. My only problem is that my scroll is coded for alts. While I've offered it for trade I have yet to receive an offer that even remotely tempts me.

I know the Problem, can't really help though...

I am thinking about this Sweetling I bred and which will be an Alt on my scroll.

Should I give it to somebody with Pink Sweetlings to continue the lineage? But then they'd need two Sweetlings from Alt/Flamingo too...

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZClHl

I caught this egg and love it dearly.  My only problem is that my scroll is coded for alts.  While I've offered it for trade I have yet to receive an offer that even remotely tempts me. 

Wow, that's pretty!

Ideas:

Tan RW x Speckle "fail" to match the color change in the 3rd generation. The color is not quite right though.

Something with completely different colors?

Or just another mixed Alt/Non-Alt Sweetling lineage. Random distribution of a few selected breeds can look nice, too! smile.gif

Wow, that's pretty!

Ideas:

Tan RW x Speckle "fail" to match the color change in the 3rd generation. The color is not quite right though.

Or just another mixed Alt/Non-Alt Sweetling lineage. Random distribution of a few selected breeds can look nice, too! smile.gif

You have some good ideas. I like the ones with completely different colors and the one mixing it up with alt sweetlings in the 1st gen.

Maybe I could do something with GoNs and try to get one of the Avatars for the 3rd gen but have a different set of colors for the 1st and 2nd gen?

Hey, anyone here that can breed a 2nd gen sweetling/09? If so, please pm me so I can explain.

Thanks!

edit: and in a "bless his heart" moment, hubby tried to breed a sweetling from tan RW for vhale and managed to auto-abandon 3 eggs xd.png

3 happy people out there, I'd say....

and Kitty just gendered female! Yay!!! so when she adults, I will be breeding her to a sweetling and keeping an egg. my friend had bred hers, and kept one so we'll swap.

Edited by daba555

lol! I feel his pain. I am super paranoid about holidays anymore and tend to pick up something from the abandoned cave before I breed. I've just had too many times where there was that one egg that I missed because I was tired. One would think it wouldn't be that hard to count to seven. I think I just get distracted thinking about what I'm going to do with the egg. wacko.gif

Btw, was someone here working on a Rosebud x Green copper? I'm trolling an egg through trade seeking eggies but if someone needs it for a mate just poke me.

user posted image

I'm looking for one more heartseeker bred from a gold wing snow angel x heartseeker if anyone's got that and not breeding until V-day or so. Though I'm probably going to be egg locked for a couple days unless someone nabs the Rosebud. I'll be looking for a couple more Sweetling x Tan ridgewings then too. This is what I can swap and what I've already got eggs from.

I have yet to breed:

CB Heartseeker

CB Rosebud

CB Arsani

CB Radiant Quill

I can also offer 3g Tan x Sweetling checkers x 2

Checker 1 - Checker 2

• The following is a list of my current sweetling pairs so you can see if yours are related.

Sweetlings

Pink Beret - Valentino DragonWolf - Plushie - Valiant Victor - Melyx - Sweetus - Nothingnus CB - A Tentative Truce - (Fd2j) - Rapscallion Kisses - CB sweetest sweetling ever - Pink Lotus - Edward Ferrars - Francey - Sweet Master Of Song - Teacake - Very Sweet of You

Ridgewings

Elwing Peredhys - Sweet Orchid CB - Casilia - CB sandy ridges - Yasmine Violetta - ecnQ - CB F1 - CB Kaja DragonWolf - Lavender Dust - Pale Montain - Cuddle - Mountain Amour - Jasmine Truffle - La Stod Iho - Queen Of Night Shines - (X9Wur) - Floating Sugar - Flowering Jewel

• And the Snow Angels I have adults from, from this past Christmas

Ellnu the Christmas CB - Twilit Siofra - Alya Alfhild - Merry Mayhem

Edited by Vhale

So... Thinking ahead for next year's Valentines.

I traded for this lovely Arsani.

For its mate, I'm definitely going to do the Nhiostrife/Swallowtail pairing on the top, but I'm trying to decide what to do on the bottom.

I could do a full Nhistrofe/Swallowtail checker, which could look nice, but I'd like to bring out some red accents to compliment the Arsani.

I could do Arsani x Nhiostrife again, but I like that blue-to-red transition in the 1st gen.

Would nebulas work well, do you think? Blue nebula CB and then transition to red for the higher generations?

Or is there something else that would work better?

This is going to be my first true organized multi-breed even-gen that isn't a checker. I'm looking forward to it!

Would nebulas work well, do you think?  Blue nebula CB and then transition to red for the higher generations?

Or is there something else that would work better?

I don't have the time to puzzle with pictures, so only some ideas:

1. Hellfire - use female in 1st generation and male in the later ones

2. Copper - male green Copper + female partner from the right biome (Nhio=Alpine, Swallowtail=Forest) = red Copper for later gens

(I guess these would come closest to the colours of the Alt and normal Arsani.)

3. Sunrise/Sunset - Sunset in 1st gen, Sunrise later on

4. Ridgewing - 1st gen Purple, later gens Tan (works better with the males, their colours are more different between purple/tan, but females should make a difference, too)

5. Dorsals - 1st gen purple, later gens red, but they have a lot of black, so I don't think they would fit in too well

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I don't supposed anyone can breed a Val '09 match to this lovely lineage that I picked up at Xmas? http://dragcave.net/lineage/lMNJv I'd love to trade for one.

I have a Yule x Frill, so I could make my own if I get a Val 09 x Frill this year... but waiting two years to finish it is just not thrilling me at the moment xd.png

I don't have the time to puzzle with pictures, so only some ideas:

1. Hellfire - use female in 1st generation and male in the later ones

2. Copper - male green Copper + female partner from the right biome (Nhio=Alpine, Swallowtail=Forest) = red Copper for later gens

(I guess these would come closest to the colours of the Alt and normal Arsani.)

3. Sunrise/Sunset - Sunset in 1st gen, Sunrise later on

4. Ridgewing - 1st gen Purple, later gens Tan (works better with the males, their colours are more different between purple/tan, but females should make a difference, too)

5. Dorsals - 1st gen purple, later gens red, but they have a lot of black, so I don't think they would fit in too well

1. Hellfire - I like the more organized lineages, I don't really want to be switching genders, but that is a nice thought.

2. Copper - This one actually did occur to me after I posted, but to get it to work the organized way I like, I'd need to want to do a mirror lineage... And then that throws off the Swallowtail.

3. Sunset/Sunrise - That's a promising thought, I'll have to play with this one. The one thing I'm hesitant on is that the sunsets are very purple-and-red... If the sunrises were more red than pink and the sunsets were less red, this would be perfect... But they're not. But still worth a shot.

4. Ridgewing - Again, I want to keep the genders the same if I can. The males would have looked awesome, though... Maybe I do have to try a mirror, too?

5. Dorsals - I did think of this one, and discarded the thought for the same reason. I know the nebulas have black, too, but it's less of it so that one might actually work.

What I really need is for a reddish alt to be added for female Swallowtails. xd.png

Thanks! I've got some thoughts to think and some new ideas to work with.

I have a similar issue with this lovely 3rd gen Val '09: https://dragcave.net/lineage/aj0qE

Besides the fact that I don't own a 2nd gen Val '09 from Nhiostrife, what could I use in place of the alt Desipis?

Hmm... My first thought was Nebulas, but green Nebulas are male, and the alt Desipis are a mintier green.

A regular Desipis might work, but it would certainly be noticeable.

Undines have the right minty-color but the Desipis have lots more black, so it would stick out. Fever Wyverns, too.

Tri-Horn Wyvern? Spotted Greenwing? They're very different, but in a lineage view they may look okay, I don't know...

Cavern Lurker?

That's a tough one, too...

I caught this beautiful Heartseeker just after breeding started, but now I am wondering what to do with him. Any suggestions for a mate? I have no CB Hollies to work with.

If I can't come up with an idea for a suitable mate then I may be open to trading him to someone who has a potential mate.

probably not the perfect idea: I could breed you this

it would be reverse to your Hollys, (but the Blue color isn´t the best compliment for your nearly red Lineage ^^°) or you could ask miro for a sibling ^^

@SolarCat, how about Nhiostrife x GoN for the bottom part? That should produce an Avatar of Change, I think - not really pink, but a similar color transition.

@SolarCat, how about Nhiostrife x GoN for the bottom part? That should produce an Avatar of Change, I think - not really pink, but a similar color transition.

I hadn't thought of that, or including Hybrid options at all...

Thanks! smile.gif I'll have to play with that, too.

Maybe a similar 1st gen color and a significant enough color change to any color is sufficient?

I have a year to figure this out, I can try out a lot of things. xd.png

I don't breed my GoNs very often, so if you need an egg after Vday feel free to poke me.

/glees happily at the huge number of sweetlings in her animated sig before they start growing up in a few hours

Edit: Whoa... the rare trading center closed. Went to go post my cheese and it is no more. Sorrow.

Edited by Vhale

Looks very nice, but you did see it's inbred, right?

Shoot I missed that. Oh well I'll freeze it and it can live with my other hatchies.

It took me some effort to put those dragons together, so I'm happy to finally get a Rosebud from this line <3

edit:

I'm also super excited to have caught this and this. The first one will be hellish to continue, but this is how I like my projects xd.png

I've also caught so many 2G Rosebuds @.@ I have a weakness for them.

Edited by natli

Wow, that's pretty!

Ideas:

Your suggestions got me thinking and doing some playing around.

I was thinking something like this:

user posted image

What does everyone here think? Y/N? Should I not even bother with breeding a sunset and go with a sunsong?

I don't know about anyone else but I've caught some surprising things. I don't see why I couldn't work this dragon into a mate for the above dragon in a year or two! lol!

i caught some things i liked in the AP this year. got one hatchling of each frozen (messy, of course!)

not going to post links as some of my dragons aren't grown yet and i don't want them sick.

got a few radiant angels. two i bred myself when i had trouble catching 2nd gens. i bred mine with a sunstone and a harvest. caught those from gold, red, fever, carmine, golden wyvern.

caught a pretty arsani white 3rd gen so i bred a 2nd gen from one of mine so i can make a mate. bred the other to an undine to make a mate for a dragon i already had. caught a 2nd gen from a winter. hopefully i can breed a mate quick after this.

didn't do much with the other valentines. made a heartseeker from magma cuz i needed one for a magma i had. cuaght heartseekers from a pillow and a spring(i hope i remember to make a mate) got a rosebud from autumn (again i hope i remember to make a mate). caught some stairsteps that i think will be nice for next year too.

@ ytak:

i think given the color change in the third gen with the top one works with the bottom. it took me a bit looking at it.

Edited by spring_dragon