TJ09

2011-05-31 - State of the Cave

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FINALLY.

That's the extent of my thoughts.

Thanks Teeejay.

:3

I'm curious for the unannounced changes as well.

Curious things, surprises are.

:3

Edited by Pink

TELEPORTTTT.

That is all. Thanks for the updates. <3

Awesome!

I can't wait to see what the Bionomes will look like - and not to be so hatchie locked - yay.

I wonder what the 'other' changes will be?

Thank you so much TJ! I can`t wait until the Teleport will come, then I don`t have to scare when I trade rare things. biggrin.gif

Oh my god! I am ridiculously excited! biggrin.gif

And . . . unannounced features? Sounds ominous. unsure.gif

Edited by Goslander

Sadly this is the day before I depart 3|

So I won't be here for the epic update

*sob*

I'm still glad the cave is updated again ♥

Thanks TJ!

*superglomps*

great! i cant wait for rare x rare, i have a pair of silvers that would be perfect mates! and with fertility, i can hope for an egg/no refusal from them too.

This is awesome, TJ! thanks!

edit: first on page nine xd.png

Edited by Dragnia_Zonatia

FINALLY, extra space for eggs and hatchlings.

I'm excited for the other stuff, too, though. smile.gif

Teleport is awesome as well. I should've gotten more Magi adults!

Wait, egg limits? Going up or down?!

Oooh neat.

Updates. -Drools for Rare x Rare Breeding-

I have always wanted to try my Thunder with my Rosebud.

Teleport though... I am still iffy about... There will be like NO rare Eggs left in the AP...

This:

user posted image

This is... SPARTA!

-----------------

Seriously, I'm so happy right now, I'm going to explode then implode. biggrin.gif

State the obvious:

I'm very excited right now.

Whooo! New egg limits. 8D No longer shall I be scroll locked with 4 hatchies staring at them wondering if I should just freeze one. TTwTT Happy days~

So I guess we in S&R can stop telling people off by saying "wait for Teleport" or "wait for biomes."

Of course, this means that if certain issues are not solved by Teleport and biomes, TJ'll just have more work to do...

I'd like to say, on the off chance that TJ will read this, that after being on a few other petsites, I really do appreciate the S&R section and concept. On UniCreatures and VDex, nearly all suggestions are immediately shot down as completely unfeasible, either because it would be impossible given the structure of the site, given the power of the site, or, worst of all, because the admin just doesn't feel like writing new features. I say, if the site can't actually be improved at all, why have an S&R section at all? If you don't feel like writing any more code, why take suggestions for new features? If the site is so terribly designed that new features would require major overhauls, why are you soliciting them? If the server is running at maximum capacity, why ask for ways to slow it down?

It's a pain, it's annoying, and it makes for communities consisting entirely of 12-year-olds and old ladies who just want to chat about "What you're listening to," "How many eggs I've hatched," and "Should pot be legal?" instead of interesting things like development.

One of the great things that makes Dragon Cave unique is that it's not entirely a TJ09 game. TJ owns the site, writes the code, and does the bulk of the technical work. In DR, users and artists create lots of new breeds which add excitement and color to the game. However, there's still other things, actual gameplay dynamics, which can be contributed to by anybody, started by anybody, debated upon and critiqued by anybody, until they become something worth adding to the site. And then, if they're very lucky, they end up like some of the ones in this thread.

Instead of TJ and a select few others working behind the scenes and throwing updates at us, we get to be those behind-the-scenes people. Everybody gets to be involved, instead of some elite group comprised of those TJ actually trusts. Sure, most of the ideas submitted to the public forum get shot down or discarded, but that's not what matters. What matters is that we have a say. It's a say we have no right to, and no reason to expect, but it's a say we have, and one that I, at least, cherish. It's what makes Dragon Cave vastly superior to any other adoptables game I've ever played.

There. I wrote a nice, happy rant.

EDIT: Also, new egg limits w007

Edited by ~!~

Oooh neat.

Updates. -Drools for Rare x Rare Breeding-

I have always wanted to try my Thunder with my Rosebud.

Teleport though... I am still iffy about... There will be like NO rare Eggs left in the AP...

Lol, there are people dropping TINSELS to the AP!

There are no metals being dropped because almost none are being bred.

When rares are available, some will wind up in the AP.

But another thing to bear in mind is: CBs (the CaveBorn) come from the Cave - the AP is where people abandon eggs, mostly unwanted ones.

Sometimes very good things can be found at the dump by searchers, but it's not where anything originates.

Yes! All the new stuff finally coming out! Thank you TJ and everyone else who helped work and make this possible.

Goodie! Now I don't need to worry about 1. time-zone difference, and 2. snipers. biggrin.gif Though due to my improved finger reflex lately I'm not that worried about point 2 anymore, but time difference had been the main issue for my trades. I'm always at work when most ppl are online, and when I do have time to spend there's only like a handful of ppl around :/ Also the raised limit is a treat! No more hatchie-lock!!

*ahem* As a breeder with multiple rares, I do here by solemnly swear to release at least 1/3rd of all rares that I breed into the AP, once Teleport comes.

I really, really hope that others will do similar.

As for egg limits: Woooooooot! Yaaaaaaay! WHEEEEEEE!

Biomes I'm iffy about. I'm sure it will be better in the long run, but too much change at once freaks me out, so I know I'll have a hard time adjusting to biomes.

..... There *will* be a list of which dragons are in which biome, right? So we don't spend hours refreshing a biome that doesn't contain the dragon we want?