TJ09

2011-05-31 - State of the Cave

Awesome! Thank you TJ for your hard work developing the site.

I knew that changes were going to happen soon but this is way more stuff than I was expecting. I've been wanting Fertility to show up and also think the rejected mates marked on the breeding list will be really helpful. xd.png and more eggs!

I'm hoping Rare x Rare breeding will increase my chances a little of picking up a rare egg from the AP.... Unless teleport means not a single rare will touch the AP unsure.gif

I have no idea biomes means for the site/gameplay....

Refusals are when "The dragons refuse to even go near each other.". If your dragons are saying: "The dragons don't really show much interest in each other." or "You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced." Those are not refusals.

EDIT: ninja.gif 'd

Yes, but some couples of mine had refusal, with the "The dragons refuse to even go near each other.", and 1 or 2 weeks later they had breeding as usual! Expecially a special couples of mine (Philia and Valgarv); I breeding this two dragon 3-4 times/month!

Yes, but some couples of mine had refusal, with the "The dragons refuse to even go near each other.", and 1 or 2 weeks later they had breeding as usual! Expecially a special couples of mine (Philia and Valgarv); I breeding this two dragon 3-4 times/month!

huh? Glitch? xd.png

Usually it's meant they won't ever be able to breed together.

Teleport- NOOOOOO! The "old" trading is almost completely safe, and you don't need a dragon to do it. Why should this be changed?

Don't tell this to me at all. I lost my first Magma during a trade and was caught by a newbie with a faster connection.

For those against Teleport:

The current AP Trade ability was going to be disabled whether teleport was implemented or not. TJ said as much when he posted the poll asking if we wanted it. Which means, without teleport we would no longer be able to trade or gift AT ALL. Keeping the current system was never an option.

Thank you for posting this smile.gif

I think that it's an important thing to keep in mind that AP trading was a loophole and as with most/all glitches in the site was going to be fixed at some point.

So we should be thankful that we are getting something to compensate for the glitch being fixed - something that many consider to be better than what was in place before happy.gif

I don't like this:

The great thing about dragon cave is that they can take a few eggs at a time sad.gif , sorry for bad English.

I hate teleport. mad.gif

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

I kind of like this. If I'm not mistaken, hatchlings and eggs will be separated (that means, 5 hatchlings will not lock you), and the increasing limit was something neccesary due to the evergrowing dragon population.

*trying not to hyperventilate from sheer happiness*

I am looking forward to every single one of these updates! biggrin.gif Most especially teleport - dial-up has lost me trades, and this will completely eradicate the chances of that happening again.

Can't wait to see the biomes, either, and new egg/hatchling limits will make my life so much easier - more room for breeding gifts without hindering my own projects.

TJ, you totally, totally rock. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. biggrin.gif

I'm really looking forward to Teleport at this point. Between my iffy connection and the hours keep, trading has become pretty much impossible for me lately.

You could always just pop in the dragon's code in the url like this:

/actions/CODE/breed/CODE

Never mind, it won't work.

Dragons that refuse to go near each other are supposed to always refuse each other, except on holiday breeding times.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

excited fangirl squeal

(im not even a girl...)

so what confuses me is that will i still be able to pick things off the AP?

I seek to know. Will mine neglected experiment with mine sister work? Will the egg I cast off to her gain an extra day if teleport is used to pass unto her the egg?

cool cool.gif , i thought that you were saving them for next chrismass or something. glade they coming out soon. ninja.gif

YES!!!!! Im so happy I have been waiting for this forever! smile.gif Thank you TJ!!! smile.gif

edit: will neglected experiments be affected at all by this with boucing? smile.gif

Edited by majors

*insert scream of sheer delight*

TJ, I love you (in a DC fan way, that is)!

I can't wait for the new egg limits, and it will be so nice not to have the four-hatchling lock anymore!

I am really looking forward to Teleport, mainly because I have a silver Tinsel coming my way eventually. Now I won't have to worry about losing it (unless the egg is laid before June 10 lol)! I'll also be more willing to trade/gift eggs now. I haven't much wanted to because it's a pain trying to be online at the same time as the other person. Not to mention the "AP trading" system has made me such a nervous wreck that I've avoided it as much as possible.

Thank you for implementing a trading system!

I'm also really looking forward to past refusals disappearing from breeding lists. I simply cannot keep track of which dragons have refused each other, so it will be great not to lose a week of potential breeding due to forgetfulness.

Biomes will take some getting used to for me, but it will be nice when I'm looking for a specific breed to not have to wait for the same three eggs to get picked up. There's only so much time in one day, and unfortunately I can't spend it all waiting for the right eggs to come along!

Very intrigued by "and more." We're going to get spoiled by all this DC awesomeness! I love how Dragon Cave stays fresh and interesting.

tl;dr: Thank you, TJ!

*dances*

excited fangirl squeal

(im not even a girl...)

so what confuses me is that will i still be able to pick things off the AP?

If I'm remembering right then the AP will still be there, just we won't be able to use the "abandoned/CODE" url to get abandoned eggs before they show in the AP.

including:

Egg/Hatchling Limits

Fertility

Biomes

Rare x Rare breeding

Refusals in breeding list

Teleport

YAY! Had been waiting for these for ages. laugh.gif

yay biggrin.gif can't wait for the biomes and egg limits :3

Oh this is delightful! New limits are exciting, biomes are exciting, teleport is exciting... but most exciting is that rare x rare breeding = eventually breeding a gold egg from CB Holly x CB Gold biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Two old-fashioned super-shiny Silvanon sprites in similar poses with complementary colors. I've been looking forward to this for ages.

Oh this is delightful! New limits are exciting, biomes are exciting, teleport is exciting... but most exciting is that rare x rare breeding = eventually breeding a gold egg from CB Holly x CB Gold biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Two old-fashioned super-shiny Silvanon sprites in similar poses with complementary colors. I've been looking forward to this for ages.

OMG that combo will be simply awesome (why didn't I think of that being possible 8D )