TJ09

2011-05-31 - State of the Cave

that's so awesome!!! Thank You TJ

I'm pretty Happy about all of those changes

YES, YESHHHHHHHHHHHH.. FInALYYYYYYY.

THANKSSSSSSSSS SOO MUCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will now inform every Dragon Cave user on my Skype. XDDDD

I don't get why some people assume interesting eggs in the AP were all meant for trades... speaking as someone who abandoned a Silver egg for kicks a month ago.

I'm really looking forward to the new egg limits (particularly that I don't have to carefully watch when my hatchlings mature) and biomes. smile.gif

Well as this'll be added on my birthday, I must say it'll be a nice birthday present. ^^

Oh, finally! Teleport is coming!!!

Thanks a LOT TJ!!!! biggrin.gif

Edit; Will biomes come with instructions or something? I mean, I guess I can find canopies and BBW in a jungle biome, but... what about whites? Or blacks?

Edited by DragonNighthowler

Just my thoughts about the new features:

Egg/Hatchling Limits - yesssss! laugh.gif

Fertility - yay! biggrin.gif

Biomes - well, I like the good, old cave, but I'm sure I can live with it. No idea how this will look like, but I think I'll like it

Rare x Rare breeding - well... I think I don't need it, but OK

Refusals in breeding list - good idea as well

Teleport- NOOOOOO! The "old" trading is almost completely safe, and you don't need a dragon to do it. Why should this be changed?

But the most new features are a really good and useful idea. Excited about the unannounced new features!

YAY - finally!! laugh.gif I´m curios about the unnanounced features as well as the biomes!

But Teleport - just NO!!

You have to remember, TJ has to cater to the majority. And there was a site-wide poll on if people wanted Teleport and "yes" won. It was like 70 - 30 or something like that. So Teleport was obviously going to happen sooner or later. I am one of the ones wanting it. Just because it may not benefit you doesn't mean its bad. Thing about how this'll make the game more enjoyable for people on crappier net connections like dial-up. Where AP Trading is nothing but a dream. This will make trading/gifting/etc so much easier for them. I think Teleport will be a great addition to Dragon Cave. And we'll all grow to love it.

Does TJ by any chance play minecraft? Because Minecraft has biomes. Ironic that now biomes are being brought to DC. At least, to me...

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em~ But I think it's a /conspiracy/.

Anyhow, have tons 'o fun guys. =D

The night of my birthday so happy!! biggrin.gif Great B-Day present. So happy! :3 *dancing*

Yay!!! I'm most anxious for the new egg/hatchling limits! wub.gif

For those against Teleport:

The current AP Trade ability was going to be disabled whether teleport was implemented or not. TJ said as much when he posted the poll asking if we wanted it. Which means, without teleport we would no longer be able to trade or gift AT ALL. Keeping the current system was never an option.

Teleport- NOOOOOO! The "old" trading is almost completely safe, and you don't need a dragon to do it. Why should this be changed?

I really hope you are joking. AP trading was never safe. Not even close.

Even though I've missed catchling only three things, two due to lag, the other due to a glitch, I am really happy for other people who have trouble catching. I kinda wish it didn't have to be a BSA, but that makes it a bit interesting and unique.

teleport, feritlity and bios are great, but... the refusal in breeding list...

I have some couple of dragons, with a long list of sons and doughter, but sometimes they refusal to breed, and 7 day later they regular breeding, with eggs. They don't breed in future? ç_ç

Is'nt better if, near the dragon then had refusal the breedind, in the breeding list, appear a symbol, but leaving the possibility of breeding?

(sorry for my poor english, I don't write and read very well in english)

YAY, finally *happy*

Thank you so much TJ and all involved. I am sooooo curious, how the biomes might look like *.*

I have some couple of dragons, with a long list of sons and doughter, but sometimes they refusal to breed, and 7 day later they regular breeding, with eggs. They don't breed in future?

With "refuse" only the message "the two dragons refuse to even go near each other" is meant. If two dragons give you this message they won't ever be able to breed together. That has always been that way. Now it will be marked for you. I am looking forward to it, because I always forget, which of my dragons refuse xd.png

Edited by shirubaaneko

I have some couple of dragons, with a long list of sons and doughter, but sometimes they refusal to breed, and 7 day later they regular breeding, with eggs. They don't breed in future? ç_ç

Is'nt better if, near the dragon then had refusal the breedind, in the breeding list, appear a symbol, but leaving the possibility of breeding?

When you get the message 'the dragons refuse to go near each other' those two dragons will never breed together in the future (except for rare glitches), this is the refusal that TJ means. The other two messages, the 'no egg' or the 'show no interest' messages will not be affected as these dragons could produce eggs together in the future.

I hope that makes sense.

Edit: ninja.gif

Edited by Wiz

Refusals are when "The dragons refuse to even go near each other.". If your dragons are saying: "The dragons don't really show much interest in each other." or "You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced." Those are not refusals.

EDIT: ninja.gif 'd

Edited by arenee1999

I don't like this:

Egg/Hatchling Limits

The great thing about dragon cave is that they can take a few eggs at a time sad.gif , sorry for bad English.

I hate teleport. mad.gif

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Edited by LightLilith