captain error

Classify yourself!

I'm more of a hoarder/collector at the moment, but once I've got enough dragons and egg spaces, I'm hoping to start some breeding projects [: I'm also a really avid forum lurker and trade-stalker, lol. >o> I can't help myself when it comes to trading on the forums.

Well I was a hatchie hoarder (still am) and a collector of CBs (3 pairs per breed at least), but I've gotten into the practice of breeding lineages with song names and other such things.

I like hoarding Royal Blues, and Autumns when the season's right.

Yeah, I consider myself a hoarder.

All three?

I collect. Ideally, I'd love to have two breeding pairs of CB pairs of all the dragons. As it stands, I have at least one CB pair of all the commons except for black (one, female) and stripe (none) and the pygmies (but that will change quickly). I still lack pairs for the trios and have no CB metallics.

I horde. Specifically, guardians. There is just something I like about them I really like. I love CB, pretty lineaged or just any lineage. Presently, I have over 64 CB and probably over 80 lineaged. My addiction for them wars with my desire to collect all the dragons.

I breed. And boy do I ever. I love breeding dragons with pretty lineages for my own projects or for other people's projects or to abandon to the AP for others to enjoy (like the pinks I just bred). I have a scroll only even gen project that has reached 7 gens and I have another that will reach 7, possibly 8 if I can get enough guardians.

I am all three.

I thought I'd come back to an old post to see if my habits have changed at all in almost 2 years (exactly in two days!).

My collection habits have not changed. Not at all. I'm behind on some, like the pygmies or orchedrakes. I prefer dragons that can be bred with lots of others.

Hording? I now have 837 adult guardians. And I'm still collecting them with no plans to stop in the near future.

I'm still breeding. My habits are very similar to before. But with the extra egg slots, I'm able to work on more projects for myself or do a lot of breeding for one.

I find I must still stand by my original post from two years ago, and those of my fellow poets!

Not a collector- not a breeder

Nor am I a hoarder either

I'm an impulse clicker when I see

An egg even remotely shiny

And only stop when I learn

I'm locked with another Nocturne

But I like Nocturnes so it's all good =p

ROFLMAO

That was great!

Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery:

I guess I'm some of everything,

I hoard, collect, and breed.

To some extent I'm going by

the dragons that I need.

I like lots of the ones I like

and none of those I don't,

and otherwise get some of each.

(Apart from those I won't.)

If looking for my rationale,

that first and thriving seed,

I'd have to say that that would be

an overriding greed!

(But in reality it's seen,

When looking through my batch,

that in the end it comes down to -

Whatever I can catch...)

Edit: order_of_chaos - ROFLMAO, that's super!

We have a trend - and possibly the beginning of a dragon-oriented selection of verse to rival that of Dr. Seuss, lol.

This post has been edited by Syphoneira on May 31 2011, 03:28 PM

I must declare that's excellent -

in this you're just like me!

Your eloquence ignites in me

an overwhelming glee!

I want them all; I'll have them all

(at least eventually)

for I'm distracted picking up

whatever I can see.

While at the moment going for

a third gen even-gen

of every breed, I must concede,

I'll get there neverwhen.

For these Poets who know it

I give a great cheer,

and find we all have

a kinship so dear.

It's dragons that bind us,

Dragons that rule-

We collect and we hoard

and breed - all so cool!

One or two of each

A goal I can reach,

Or just three, maybe four,

Well, I'd like a few more.

It starts with a Staircase

or an Even-Gen,

A pretty lineage grabs you -

And then...

I don't know how,

but I've built an army

of beautiful dragons

that completely surround me!

xd.png

I'm a little bit of everything, I guess. I hoard certain types of dragons - Balloons are one of my faves and I have armies of other breeds as well. I also like to collect. My goal is at least 6 dragons of each breed - more if I like the sprite. And I do enjoy making even gen lineages...I have a few at the bottom of my scroll. With my rare dragons - I try to get as many as possible so I have a nice gifting army at my disposal. Currently working on building up my Shimmer stock for that very reason. biggrin.gif

I defy classification, I guess I’m just a dabbler. I like to collect guardians and electrics. I also like to grab shiny things. One day I hope to have at least a male and female adult and male, female, and s1 frozen hatchling of each breed, but that’s a very slow moving goal.

Since returning from hiatus I’ve become more interested in lineages, and although I mostly pick up nice ones from the AP and keep them I also have a few projects of my own I work on occasionally.

Actually, I classify myself as a hunter.

I can't say I really collect, as I do but there's no rush in getting the dragons I want. I have a Complete Scroll list somewhere that I didn't update for a while.

I can't say I really hoard, because I do with Nebs, but only when I get in my mind to specifically hunt for them, which is rarely and on a whim. Maybe once a month these days. And I release now those with messy lineages.

I can't say I really breed, because the only breeding project I have is with Nebs and I didn't work on it since... er... February, I think? Or November, maybe before that? I don't breed my other dragons often, or else only when I need to trade.

What I DO, though, is lurk the AP or biomes and refresh like mad, then jump on any appealing egg. I love new releases, and the thrill of that hunt is what keeps me on DC.

The eggs I catch? Sometimes I keep them. Sometimes I trade. Sometimes I send them to my cousin's scroll, who's a breeder with a very low internet connection. And sometimes I glomp-gift them, whenever I feel like it.

So, yeah. Hunter. biggrin.gif

Edited by fallen_leaf

Well, I try to collect four males and four females of each breed, except where that is not possible like holidays, GoN etc. At the moment I have that amount of every common (except for the dragons of the new release) and also of multiple uncommons and rares. I'm still on my way though :-) Also I have three personal even gen projects going on and I've started to hoard pinks, mainly because I never seem to have enough influences. And I pick up every single Sunsong I see, they're my favorite breed. I guess all these things make me a combination of a collector, breeder and hoarder? I don't know, haha.

I classify myself as a hoarder, i hoard vampires and nebulas, thats about it smile.gif

So I like collecting CBs.. (goal is 8cb pairs plus cb frozens of everything, still have a long way to go). Usually I just go to AP and take whatever I can find that's CB, can't refuse those low time eggies.. I don't hoard metals, I'm very picky about the lineages. I saw people have tons of them but what's the point if everything is messy tongue.gif I prefer quality..

There is that one breed I'm going to hoard at some point but that's after I finish with other things on scroll..

I could be called a collector. I collect Spitfires when I feel like it. I also am collect one of every sprite that I like (I'm only 2 sprites off from reaching this goal).

I could be called a hoarder. At one time I was collecting nothing but spitfires. All but maybe 2 or 3 of the spits are own are CB. The ones that aren't were born from two ultraviolets, and are descended from the very first spit I ever caught.

I'm interested in becoming a breeder but I'm having trouble thinking up good linage ideas! tongue.gif

I'm a collector and, once I have a breeding pair, breeder. I'm trying to get one of every species I can possibly get at first tho.

all of the above, plus a gifter :wink:

Breeder because i love to breed my rares, either for trading, gifting or just AP finds to make other peoples days. i also have about 6 lineage projects going and enjoy creating mates for AP finds. i've found recently that i'm very attracted to two breed lineages with Prize Dragons.

Gifter because ninja glomping is wonderful. i only have 1 of each holiday (excluding Halloweens & Hollys) so i can snag and previous holdiays to those who can't snag them

Collector because my scroll goal is 4 CB pairs of each obtainable dragon. 4 pairs due to Hybrids, i like 2 unrelated pairs of Hybrids on my scroll and you just never know what dragons in the future will give hybrids.

and Hoarder because i have a few budding armys of breeds i just can't turn down. short term goal right now are 100 of each breed i hoard, but really there is no cap happy.gif i'm picky about the babies i hoard though, only CB's or nice lineages, and i dont count any frozen hatchies as part of the hoards.

20/100+ - Golds

45/100 - Reds

5/100+ - Sunrise Males

4/100+ - Sunset Females

10/100+ - Green/Corroded Coppers

38/100+ - Gold Wyvrens

26/100+ - Embers

8/100+ - Black Tea

8/100+ - Blusangs

11/100 - Black Marrows

25/100 - Lumina

32/100+ - Moonstone

22/100+ - Purple Nebula

22/100+ - Green Nebula

also, i'm not prone to freezing unless the hachies are just too cute not to freeze. and in that case i only freeze one.

I'd call myself a collector and breeder. I don't hoard massive amounts of certain dragons, however I do collect any pretty lineages and dragons descended from Sweetlings. I love breeding projects and always have quite a few that I'm working on. biggrin.gif

I really want to someday collect at least one pair of CBs for each breed, preferably two pairs. But that's a long way away; I tend to lock myself with pretty lineages rather than CBs. laugh.gif But I'm working on that.

I dunno... I'm kinda casual and there are some breeds that I just don't care for, but I do have a lot of Hellfires to scroll through (for someone who's just casual) and I take in a fair amount of Turpentines, too. However, I don't really care about lineage. For adults (this doesn't apply to my older ones or rare, because I didn't know before and rares are rare), I look for things with short lineages or CBs. I freeze anything else.

I think I'm a collector. I just like to get pretty dragons. I want a vampire dragon, they're cool. smile.gif

A little of all three. laugh.gif

I'm a collector because my goal is to have a male and female of each applicable breed, maximum possible of each holiday, and at least one each of ungendereds.

I'm a breeder because I love lineages and because I'm obsessive-compulsive about checkerboards and shiny colors - and collecting beautiful lineages put together by other breeders. I love collecting caveborns strictly because of the lineages I want to create.

I'm a hoarder because I have a few breeds that I absolutely love and which I can actually obtain - reds, seawyrms, and tsunamis leap immediately to mind - and I gather as many of them as I can. My goal is to gather 500 seawyrms (I'm well short of that goal at this point, but I try to snap 'em up whenever I can!).

Edited by LibbyLishly

All three, really.

I collect 2 of every type of dragon.

I hoard the ones I like at the time. First it was bbw's, then turpentines, then tsunamis, mints, red dorsals and now tan ridgewings.I have 25 mints on my scroll, not to mention the frozen ones. laugh.gif

I also breed the lineages I like. Im working on a checker lineage with male flamingos x female gw. I just started it, so this is what i have so far: http://dragcave.net/lineage/MAAhk

Collector, yes.

Hoarder, so-so.

Breeder, trying to be, but I don't have any plans as of yet.

I'm working on it. I hope to be all three at some point. Honestly, there isn't any planning involved with my gameplay... besides collecting of course. The hoarding just... happened. I realized I was collecting way more of one breed compared to another. Breeding, well, as I said, I'm working on it, lol.

I would say Breeder and "Part" Hoarder.

I mostly breed, also because i'm breeding for newbies, but also for me.

"Part"Hoarder because there are just some dragons, that i must hoard laugh.gif I have many Reds (only because of the BSA), but also Water and some others.

Black Marrows for example: Just can't get enough.

A little bit of each?

I try to collect at least 1 of each dragon breed, and I'm still missing a few obscure breeds on my scroll (zombies, Holly dragons, etc.) but for the most part I have 2 or more of each breed.

I hoard Pillow dragons, and have over 400 on my scroll right now.

I breed my valuable dragons - I breed Silvers as gifts (why is it always the messier ones who are willing to produce, not my CBs?) and I recently obtained a few Golds and Shimmers which I attempt to breed every week as gifts.

Lol, looked back at the previous page and saw dragongrrl's collection of some old posts describing our playing styles, and I see mine's about the same...

Since I can't bring dragongrrl's quotes forward by 'quoting', I'll copy them here below

dragongrrl:

I find I must still stand by my original post from two years ago, and those of my fellow poets!

QUOTE (Nine @ May 17 2011 @ 02:28 AM)

Not a collector- not a breeder

Nor am I a hoarder either

I'm an impulse clicker when I see

An egg even remotely shiny

And only stop when I learn

I'm locked with another Nocturne

But I like Nocturnes so it's all good =p

ROFLMAO

That was great!

Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery:

I guess I'm some of everything,

I hoard, collect, and breed.

To some extent I'm going by

the dragons that I need.

I like lots of the ones I like

and none of those I don't,

and otherwise get some of each.

(Apart from those I won't.)

If looking for my rationale,

that first and thriving seed,

I'd have to say that that would be

an overriding greed!

(But in reality it's seen,

When looking through my batch,

that in the end it comes down to -

Whatever I can catch...)

Edit: order_of_chaos - ROFLMAO, that's super!

We have a trend - and possibly the beginning of a dragon-oriented selection of verse to rival that of Dr. Seuss, lol.

This post has been edited by Syphoneira on May 31 2011, 03:28 PM

QUOTE (order_of_chaos @ May 20 2011, 03:35 PM)

I must declare that's excellent -

in this you're just like me!

Your eloquence ignites in me

an overwhelming glee!

I want them all; I'll have them all

(at least eventually)

for I'm distracted picking up

whatever I can see.

While at the moment going for

a third gen even-gen

of every breed, I must concede,

I'll get there neverwhen.

QUOTE (dragongrrl @ Jun 4 2011, 04:43 PM)

For these Poets who know it

I give a great cheer,

and find we all have

a kinship so dear.

It's dragons that bind us,

Dragons that rule-

We collect and we hoard

and breed - all so cool!

One or two of each

A goal I can reach,

Or just three, maybe four,

Well, I'd like a few more.

It starts with a Staircase

or an Even-Gen,

A pretty lineage grabs you -

And then...

I don't know how,

but I've built an army

of beautiful dragons

that completely surround me!

xd.png.png

I must say that I love a little doggerel!

(I love a little catterel, too, but that's not such a good idea with the fish tanks...)