GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe a small glitch in order to get people to use the BSA of the purples... ;-)

I did breed a stone egg (looking for a geode) and a 2nd gen pink egg both without the assist of the purple bsa. My number of successful breedings is still way low. The only successful breedings I've had are some of the eggs you see a lot of in the drops in the biomes.

I did successfully breed a second gen black stripe the other day but my metallics still aren't breeding and for the most part, neither are most of my stripes.

Well, there weren't so many metallics lately (almost none), so the ecology would be they would mass-reproduce now, but they still don't.

I bred all my metallics and trios yesterday. One waterhorse and one nocturne were the results. Aren't these dropping in mass, so isn't there competition for resources, if you think about the ecology site?

Unfortunately I only have two CB white striped dragons. On the day on which the Black Stripes became available, I bred one Black Stripe egg. Since then I've been breeding both my White Stripes every week to get a second Black Stripe - no success. Tried it two times with the new Fertility BSA now - still nothing. Also tried to breed a Geode with the new BSA - no egg at all.

Lol, I already wondered if the Fertility BSA simply isn't working on my scroll (that maybe it's a glitch), but then I found this thread and I see that I'm not alone with this problem. I get that even with the new BSA the ratios are still regulating what kind of eggs can be bred, otherwise we'd have tons of rare dragons soon, but still, I thought breeding would at least be a tiny tiny bit more successful. xd.png

I think my count, as of now, using the fertility bsa is either 27 or 28 used and one egg resulted. Of course I was breeding the majority for blacks, stripes or metallics but it seems the Cave still have a tight grip on those and refuses, for the most part, to allow the breedings to be successful. I don't know when we'll be able to breed those successfully again and that's a quandry--do I keep trying (with or without bsa) or just wait until I hear that they're finally breedable i.e. resulting in eggs again.

Well, there weren't so many metallics lately (almost none), so the ecology would be they would mass-reproduce now, but they still don't.

I bred all my metallics and trios yesterday. One waterhorse and one nocturne were the results. Aren't these dropping in mass, so isn't there competition for resources, if you think about the ecology site?

Rares are still rares. I guess they have a different rule from the ecology...

Rares are still rares. I guess they have a different rule from the ecology...

Sure the metallics I get but the blacks and stripes? I've gotten zip on all the bsa "assisted" breedings I've tried with them. It seems like the Cave is still trying to even out the ratios after the glut of attempts to produce black stripes not so long ago. I have a new CB Stripe male that I'd really like to have produce something but nada so far.

Edit: Has anyone by the way even seen a black on the ap recently because I haven't..

Edited by Misha

I have 2 CB Blacks, they really appear, you just have to keep your eyes open :3

It's still difficult to breed them, yes. That's why I count on my holidays to breed them together. This brings at least some results.

When I came back from a month-long hiatus on Thursday, I tried breeding my two Silvers.

The first was Silver x Gold. No egg, although they didn't refuse each other, which is good for the future.

The second was Silver x Thunder. I bred a Thunder egg, but I forgot I was scrollocked. Into the AP it went.

Yesterday i tried all my stripes (long lineages, but still i love them all), not even one was a success sad.gif

My dragons are recently really picky. Well, i'll keep trying and hope for the best smile.gif

I went through all my golds(17) - all of my silvers(30) and through my nebula's and NONE gave me a egg. Totally sad =(

Edited by rebelgoddess19

I tried breeding someone a stripe a few days ago and went through all my stripes and got nothing, not even common eggs.

I tried breeding for a thunder yesterday and got 2/2 eggs and one was a thunder.

Just bred some magmas and got 3/3 again: one magi, one vine, and one magma. I figured I was going to fill up the AP with unwanted eggs so I bred my third magma to a bluna. Breeding seems to be a bit better in general but metals and stripes seem to be the same, if not a little better.

I went through all my golds(17) - all of my silvers(30) and through my nebula's and NONE gave me a egg. Totally sad =(

I went through 25 Silvers and 12 Golds all with the "assist" of bsa and nada. Unusual in that, before, even if my lower gens failed me I could at least count on one or two of my higher gen silvers dropping me a silver egg. Now nothing.

almost all breeds no luck get new eggs as well but finally I had magma breed from female magma and male red stripe dragon finally one. no luck for others.. oh well. hope try again next after 7 days. tongue.gifsmile.gif

I haven't read the whole thread, but I've been told you people are talking about refusals? I just got another refusal (geode pairing from 2 stone parents and 2 pebble parents). Earlier this week I got a refusal from two PB BBW, and I even got a refusal from a pair of horses.

I mean, this hasn't happened to me in the 3 years I've been playing the game. In three years, I might have had 3 or 4 refusals. Now, in a matter of 2 weeks or so, I've been having a load of refusals from different dragons. BBW (twice), Geode, horses, even pigmies!

As a breeder, this situation is starting to bother me a bit. I have a hard time coming across some eggs for proyects, and I'd hate that, after months and hard work, they just refuse each other.

I know it's part of the game, but that's becoming the routine these days. I spend a whole week breeding an egg only to see it refuse its pairing (not to mentions this Geode was the first my pebbles bred).

Does anyone know if something has been done, or has observed an increase rate in refusals?

Does anyone know if something has been done, or has observed an increase rate in refusals?

Haven't heard about anything being done (although I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a "matchmaking" BSA in the works now, to make your dragon less to refuse its partner. Seems like that's what happened with fertility.)

I have been getting a great deal of extra refusals, it seems like, though.

I've gotten maybe 8 in the past two times that I've bred (usually I breed 2-3 times a month, with various groups together).

It's been a pretty good week for me. I bred: 1 Black Stripe, 2 Vines, 2 Blunas and 1 Shallow Water. Funnily enough I bred them all without Fertility, as the 4 times that I used the BSA had given me nothing. dry.gif

It seems like it just comes in ups and downs; most of the time, there are weeks where I can barely breed anything, and sometimes, there's a week where I have a little more success. That must either be down to luck, or it reflects the changing ratios. I hope the breeding will become more successful in general, though, closer to the level that it was in the past (and in a more permanent manner, less susceptible to wild changes).

Still no Stripe or Metallic eggs for me this week. On some pairs I used fertility but the result was always "no interest". They gave me not even a common egg.

Bred every single stripe/black. No egg.

Strangely enoguh the only pair I can breed succesfully (from time to time) is my silver/sunsong one - at least they give me a Sunsong egg once a week(or once for two weeks - they also cause trouble)

Once last week a pair (of the many Nebulas I have) gave me a Nebula (thank God,I've been trying to breed one for months! laugh.gif )

I have no idea how the other breeds behave with breeding since now I mostly gather commons from the AP and the cave.

Oh,and the fertility BSA of the purples hasn't worked for me even once! wink.gif