GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Blacks are supposed to be common. Where the heck are they?

Blacks are uncommon (says Wiki), but currently they are too uncommon.

I see more of the Trio eggs than Black aggs.

I agree with you, but we also have to look at it from different perspectives. Who screwed up the ratios? We did, with over-breeding on the day Black Stripes were realeased. So its only proper that we suffer. Yes, it's a game. Yes, it's supposed to be *fun*. But what's the point of the game if it doesn't have challenges. Doesn't it only make you happier when you get a metal, or a black, or a stripe from breeding? Also, has anyone else noticed that CB rares are popping up more often. If you scroll through any of the trading threads, you see CB metals, CB stripes, and CB blacks everywhere. We might not be breeding any, but they are still in the game.

Just got done trying to breed my Vines, Silvers, Golds and Blacks (along with all alts) with no luck on the blacks, golds and silvers other than two Clouds (Daydreams) from two Black/Daydream pairs. That's it.

The vines (some, not most) gave me six eggs. Considering the amount I have... that's a bit better than nothing. I would've liked one more but at least I got six right? now hopefully one will be alt.

I usually get a gold or silver out of this when breeding but for the last five months I haven't gotten any... not even a common egg from any pairing.

I'm doing just fine when it comes to breeding my commons and uncommons. It's the rares I'm having trouble with. My Golds and Silvers both haven't given my a metallic egg in over a year.

I bred two Stripes today, that's pretty good.

Honestly guys, I don't think 'complaining' is gonna get us anywhere with the ratio issue. I've pretty much given up on getting anyone to listen on changing things, it obviously hasn't worked for the past 4 months. I've come to the conclusion that TJ doesn't care that much, because if he did he would've done something about it, or at least told us what's going on and that it can't be easily changed. I'm sticking to being patient and letting it sort itself out for now. ;3

I really *really* have to agree with Cinnamin Draconna on this one. Yelling in all-caps may not fix things, but neither is Admin ignoring the problem and telling us that nothing has changed when we have *proof* in statistics that things *have* changed. If this whole breeding drought is because of "ratios", then ratios need to be changed.

And I *never* thought I would say that, I used to be the one constantly saying that users should realize that's just how the game works. But it's gotten worse and worse and worse, and I really honestly can't imagine DragonCave lasting as a game this way. What newbies are going to stick around when every single breeding that isn't an earth/pebble/etc always fails? What newbie is going to spend 6+ months breeding just to get one colored stripe? And that's if they can even find a white stripe!

Blacks are supposed to be common. Where the heck are they? I have bred every single black I have, with other supposed-commons (green, pink, etc). Nothing. I don't even get pinks or reds very often anymore. Aren't those all supposed to be commons?

I'm not ranting. I'm not venting. I'm simply stating facts that I have seen on my own scroll. It's very frustrating that we get in trouble for "ranting" when we are simply trying to play the game. What are we supposed to do, when TJ/Admin/etc won't listen to us? Just leave the game?

I agree with you two. I've been trying to breed stuff for my hubby to help him reach his silver trophy yet none of my dragons that he really wants are giving me anything. The ratios are the issue here. They need to be fixed other wise things will not get any better.

WB

I bred two Stripes today, that's pretty good.

Honestly guys, I don't think 'complaining' is gonna get us anywhere with the ratio issue. I've pretty much given up on getting anyone to listen on changing things, it obviously hasn't worked for the past 4 months. I've come to the conclusion that TJ doesn't care that much, because if he did he would've done something about it, or at least told us what's going on and that it can't be easily changed. I'm sticking to being patient and letting it sort itself out for now. ;3

Being patient is all well and good, but it's also a copout. If all we do is sit and wait for things to 'sort themselves out', they are liable to not change at all and become the norm. That's why we still have this problem.. the problem has been around for well over a year if not the last two years.. and everyone has been waiting.. and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.. and NOTHING has been done to fix it.

People used to throw away cb blacks, that's how I got so many of them.. I picked them up off the AP when they were considered cave blockers. Normal used to be 'wait a couple of drops and you'll get what you're looking for' but since TJ started releasing so many new dragons (which is good), things have gone from good to good grief. He didn't take into consideration that the population of new dragons vs. old dragons would be out of whack. Every new release should have come with an adjustment to the ratios, so that the old dragons would continue to drop at the same rate regardless of the new release. As long as the 'new' dragons are trying to 'catch up' with the population of older dragons, this problem will continue.. AND continue to get worse and worse and worse with EVERY new release.

So sit and wait all you want.. I'm tired of waiting.. I want things fixed.

Topic closed to give members time to cool down, nothing will be solved tonight.

Reminder:

Vent/rant topics are not allowed in SD. Please turn the caps off, its rude and considered yelling.

Causing drama is never appropriate.

~Re-opening~

Other moderators and I will be closely monitoring this thread. If it appears users can't handle this thread or it simply turns into a rant topic, it will be permanently closed. Thanks. :3

it seems im late in this thread as many others have noticed the egg ratios are out of whack

mostly for me as when i 1st started i couldnt catch a CB or even an AP hellfire egg...now they seem to be all over the place and its the older things like blacks, pinks, reds etc that i want now i cant get :[

~Re-opening~

Other moderators and I will be closely monitoring this thread. If it appears users can't handle this thread or it simply turns into a rant topic, it will be permanently closed. Thanks. :3

unfortunately the longer the breeding problems continue, the more we get frustrated and when users get frustrated, it shows.

So now it comes down to if we want the old breeding success, we must collect an army of purples. I have one but that doesn't help newbies who signed up after the breeding drought.

There is clearly a breeding problem when you breed cave cloggers and expect an egg but only get a 30 % success rate. I bred 10 balloon pairs and only got 3 balloon eggs.

Edited by bluebell_rose

Exactly. The breeding problems have gotten consistently worse with every new release, and can be traced back to the Egg Flood release of Apr 22 2009. Seven brand new dragons were introduced all in one release, but I don't believe any changes were made to the ratios.. I have no proof one way or the other, so I can only judge by my experiences since then.

Since then there have been many new dragons added, but no word of any changes to the ratios to my knowledge. But our experience with the game only proves that something is wrong and is getting worse.. be it the ratios or something entirely different. Personally, I don't care what it is, so long as it gets fixed.. because it's getting worse and worse and TJ isn't saying anything to anyone. And I'm getting no answers beyond.. "Just wait.. the ratios will sort themselves out eventually."

Well guess what? They aren't 'sorting themselves out' they are getting worse and worse and worse. Breeding is so bad that I've discontinued six of my personal projects.. I cancelled Draconna breeding day.. and I'm thinking about not accepting breeding requests. The only projects that I've been able to do anything with are my Pure Grease purebred pink even gen project, and my Mayfair Chronology inbred hellfire lineage. My Enchanted all green stripe project and my 10 gen even gen purebred stripe projects are on indefinite hold.

There are problems with the Cave.

There are problems with drops and breeding.

There is a definite lack of communication between the players and admin.

Why can't TJ acknowledge that there are problems, and tell us what he is going to do about them?

Okay, this is really getting worse. I just had 3 refusals in row! -.- I mean, cmon! I was breeding commons! Not rares, for God's sake!

I feel badly because I don't want to be perceived as a chronic complainer or ranter. That's not normally my nature at all it's "the go along to get along" attitude normally with me but Cinnamin Draconna certainly has some valid points that I know, as stated, can cause frustration to build and, on the rare occasion, cause a vent to come out naturally. I can speak only for myself but I do love the game and want to continue to play it and, hopefully, see whatever bugs there are worked out to the betterment of all players both newbie and longtime.

i still think if someone as nooby as me can see something is up with the drop ratios and breeding theres definatly something wrong lol wink.gif

If you have questions for TJ, he's more likely to hear them if you contact him via PM or e-mail, even if he doesn't answer, rather than asking him in forum threads. :3

I just bred a whole bunch of deepseas trying to get a single bluna and normaly I end up with blunas coming out of my ears!

I bred all my metallics and stripes today and got one common egg :/ Disappointed a little.

The only good thing I've bred since march is a black stripe, and that shocked me.

I breed a Black last week, but that's it. I've only breed two trios in two months and no Stripes and metallics ever since I got them. I really don't consider Pinks or Reds as rare or uncommon, so I haven't tried breeding them lately.

Trying to get anything out of silvers and golds is definitely a nightmare. I have a feeling that metallics breeding were reduced not only for them 'breeding true' but just breeding in general ;<

I mentioned this a long time ago and it's still true. I've managed to breed many PB magis and even started a lineage with them, yet I can't get my gold to make a single magi that someone is waiting on for their own project.

Most commons to fine bred to their own breed or another common, but as soon as you try breeding them to a black, stripe, or metal, you get nothing.

I mentioned this a long time ago and it's still true. I've managed to breed many PB magis and even started a lineage with them, yet I can't get my gold to make a single magi that someone is waiting on for their own project.

Most commons to fine bred to their own breed or another common, but as soon as you try breeding them to a black, stripe, or metal, you get nothing.

This is my suspicion as well. Okay, I understand that a particular dragon type might not breed true due to the ratios, but what is with the chilling effect on the successfulness of a breeding as a whole?

I'm starting to regret that my silver tinsels are in a stairstep with stripes, because I'm afraid that it's negatively affecting their breeding rate.

I normally used to get at least 1 gold and silver if not more when I bred it before the update - while I can *understand* that golds and silvers are rare - I still haven't gotten one of either for weeks. I barely even get dragons I breed it with. I think the last time I bred my rares - I got a black egg and that was it.

i still think if someone as nooby as me can see something is up with the drop ratios and breeding theres definatly something wrong lol wink.gif

I just have to quote this because it is *so* true.

I'm not a "breeder", at least not in my mind. I try to remember to breed my rares each week, but I don't go out of my way to breed a lot. So this change might have gone right over my head, if it weren't so *huge*.

No matter what happens with my rares or my uncommons, I've *always* been very successful with my black and vine breedings. But even *those* are spitting out "no interest" and "no egg" messages every single time, lately. That is definitely a big change, and definitely something that even *I* have noticed.

I get that rares are supposed to be rare, etc, but I used to get a rare egg every month or so. It's definitely gotten harder. I get that uncommons are different then commons, but stripes are nearly non-existant now.

If this all boils down to "ratios", in the fact that there are so many older adult dragons of those breeds that eggs just aren't needed anymore, then maybe "ratios" need to finally change around here. You can't tell a newbie that blacks and reds are supposed to be common when they can't be bred worth crap right now.

If you have questions for TJ, he's more likely to hear them if you contact him via PM or e-mail, even if he doesn't answer, rather than asking him in forum threads. :3

That just leads to more secrecy. I don't want secrecy, I want TJ to come out of the closet and start talking to us. Doing everything behind the scenes is counterproductive to what we're trying to accomplish. We want the facts to be public and accessable and known to everyone, and not just an elite few who happen to have TJ's ear.

We want to know WHY the ratios are screwed up.

We want to know WHY breeding is so bad.

We want to know WHY the biomes are either blocked or empty all the time.

We want to know WHY some commons are rarer than rares.

And we want REAL answers and not the copout 'because the ratios need time to fix themselves' answer. We've given them time.. way more time than we should have given them. The ratios are BROKE. They need to be fixed. They do not need to be ignored in hopes that with enough time, the problem will just go away.

It's been 4 months since the black stripes were released.

It's been 2 yrs and 3 months since the problems started.

How much longer do we have to wait for the ratios to fix themselves?????

I have to agree with many others there is something wrong with the ratios. Sinc ethe biomes came in I have only seen one CB black egg was too slow to click it.

Used to be I'd get maybe one or two gold eggs a week. I have not had a gold in many months.

Used to be I'd get maybe a silver every two weeks - bred a silver about one week ago my first in a long time.

My stripes have always been erratic breeders but did manage to breed two black stripes and two black eggs this week. One black egg I abandoned the other I kept. Both black striped eggs were placed in new homes.

It has been many months since the black stripe was introduced there must be some balance back.

How come even commons frequently give no eggs? Something is wrong with the ratios