GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know breeding has been an issue for quite long time now and I, too, thought Fertility should give our stubborn pairs a push in the right direction.

My understanding of ratios was that an egg is an egg, no matter if it's bred or caveborn. So if we still have issues with breeding and the charts are totally nosediving, where are the caveborns? unsure.gif

Edit to clearify: statisticly speaking, I mean. I can see eggs in the biomes...

Good question. If we're not successfully breeding shouldn't there be more produced for the Cave? And the Cave drops themselves either run very short or start late. Not sure if that is because of the different biomes and the eggs are spread out more and thus less of the eggs show or because of the AP block but I'm one very confused player right now. I can't get my dragons to breed nor can I find what I'm looking for (even if I miss it as usual) in the Cave drops.

i would think with the introduction of new eggs the ratios would shift anyway in order to compensate for the naturally "low" amount of eggs - they have a catch up game to play.

that is compounded onto the fact that with biomes, it limits where and how many can show up compared to other commons that also have to play the catch up to more popular breeds.

8 Metals Bred, 0 eggs of either parent.

(6 gold, 2 silver)

CB Gold Female (with fertility BSA) x PB Stone

PB Gold Female x PB Black

CB Gold Female x CB Black

PB Gold Male x CB Grey

PB Gold Male x CB Guardian

PB Gold Female x CB Ember

CB Silver Female x CB Magi

PB Silver Female x CB Magi

My purples and reds have been having success with eachother (bring on the BSAs)

Last week I had a misclick thunder/frill breed that resulted in a thunder egg.

CB Thunder Male x PB Frilled Female.

Edited by wolfrysk

Just to add mine, last 3 weeks tried my 6 silvers, 10 golds and trios. I have had luck producing:

1xred (Gold/Red pair)

1x Ice (Ice/Water)

1 x Magma (Magma/Magma)

1 x Thunder (cant remember)

This has been average of one trio each trial after fails of silvers and golds. Stripes, tried all of my coloured hoard and no eggs at all..I have never had the best luck with eggs but over it seems worst than usual..

Now Silvi's Lair has a note appended near the top of the page: "Don't know why, but the automated breed check isn't working any more. Didn't changed something. ..."

?????

I wish TJ would explain these issues, including that of the Vamps...

Now Silvi's Lair has a note appended near the top of the page: "Don't know why, but the automated breed check isn't working any more. Didn't changed something. ..."

?????

Oh, this could explain the 'drop' in breeds...

I will wait and see what happens.

?????

I asked Silvi about it and she, in turn, had already pm'ed TJ about it.

I too have not bred any metallic children in a while. But then again, I've been playing sporadically.

My theory is that the rares have simply become truly rare. Time was that I could breed my silvers and expect to get a silver at least once in a while. It was at the point where silvers were closer to uncommon than rare, because people were breeding them fairly easily. So I think TJ did something with the math behind the game to make the rares actually rare. Or at least with silvers tongue.gif Golds were always really hard to get, even with breeding.

I'm not sure about any of the other rares because I only really care about the metallics xd.png

Are vampires still always killing eggs they bite? I was hoping that would get fixed... or maybe it's now "working as intended."

Are vampires still always killing eggs they bite? I was hoping that would get fixed... or maybe it's now "working as intended."

We don't know. The help-thread is still up since we're still debating about that.

Silvi said we need more people for manual classification.

Edit: Silvi got an answer from TJ about her breed check and he dislikes it. She's going to remove it!

Edited by CatCreature

I assume it's now "working as intended" otherwise we'd have received word that there was a problem of some sort or even that there was a fix in the works. Ah me. Can't breed. Can't bite. Blurgh.

So the stats are gone now. sad.gif

Thanks TJ. blink.gif

And I had a successful vamp bite and one kill.

Edit: Silvi got an answer from TJ about her breed check and he dislikes it. She's going to remove it!

Well that's a shame. That was always interesting. tongue.gif

Does anyone know what he disliked??

I bred all of my golds and all of my silvers and all my blacks and only got a red and a magi.

I tried a rarexrare with both fertilied and.. nothing =( uber sad now

I've been trying to breed a Nebula for weeks now with no luck. Hoping that'll change sometime soon. -.-

I used purple BSA on 2 of my black stripes. I bred them ( each other ) and recive this censorkip.gif:

You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced.

2 bsa's for nothing....

Purple dragon BSA = ONE BIG LIE

Edited by TJ09

I believe TJ's mentioned this before, in that using the Purple BSA on each of the mates you intend to breed will just be wasting one instance of Fertility. Additionally, m'thinking the BSA doesn't guarantee better breeding results just that it raises the chances of that couple producing. Or something to that effect. ^^"

My siblings and I, we've been having some measure of success. Bred a Nebula, Blunas, Pinks, and Embers.

Edited by Sinsdaemn

Sinsdaemn is right about Fertility I think. Also, TJ said in the Tiny Little Questions thread:

It's a 1.5x multiplier.

More on topic, I've been having unexpectedly good luck with my Nebulas lately. I only have two CB pairs and I got an egg from each last week. It's the second week in a row that my alts produced, too. :3 *pets them*

Metallics have been relentless though...I haven't been able to get a white or red from them, even with Fertility (which worked on some other stubborn pairs thankfully).

Nebula's haven't been an issue breeding for me either but, then, anything dropping in the Cave currently usually tends towards producing results. Try breeding something that's not so common in the Cave drops or God forbid rares. Nothing doing at all.

I've had a long drought with my Nebulas, but this week they all produced eggs. And those of my trios that I bred at least gave me common offspring.

Not going into the rare topic though....

Bred a stripe @.@ (without fertility)

Didn't want to keep it though because it was accidentally inbred....

Bred a stripe @.@ (without fertility)

Didn't want to keep it though because it was accidentally inbred....

Lol, that's why it was produced, no doubt!

I've been having trouble even producing Reds...

And getting server errors trying to post...