GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I bred a blue stripe the other day, without fertility, which shocked me.

I haven't been getting many eggs at all, I was surprised.

I haven't been breeding much lately and the only thing i got from all my dragon pair was one red egg dry.gif I just wish my black x ice pair would give me an egg soon they haven't given a single egg yet or my black stripe pair wouls stop being so picky.

Have the figures on Black Stripes improved at ALL this week? I really need one for a Scroll-project I've got going. I've managed to get every other beastie I need for it - including a Metallic!! But I remain Stripeless!! Sure hope this birth-control issue goes away soon.

And I DESPISE grabbing what I think (hope against hope) is a Stripe only to see yet another Spitfire! <GLOWER>

Have the figures on Black Stripes improved at ALL this week? I really need one for a Scroll-project I've got going. I've managed to get every other beastie I need for it - including a Metallic!! But I remain Stripeless!! Sure hope this birth-control issue goes away soon.

And I DESPISE grabbing what I think (hope against hope) is a Stripe only to see yet another Spitfire! <GLOWER>

I can sympathise regarding Stripe breeding. >_>

But as regards grabbing from the Cave, I think Stripes and Spitfires are in completely different biomes now, or? Pretty sure Spitfires are in the Desert and Stripes are supposed to be in the Forest or Jungle. Although I can't say I've ever personally seen a Stripe in those Biomes...

Bred all my stripes yesterday - about 12 or 15 stripes and didn't get a single egg.

The Spitfire I snagged was in the Desert, admittedly, but DragWiki says Stripes are in either the Desert or the Jungle. But any more, if I'm in the Desert and see a Bright markings egg I just ignore it. But I'd really really REALLY like to be able to breed another Black Stripe - it's the LAST thing I need to finish the poem!!!

Yep, as most people are reporting - it does seem as if Nebula breeding has picked up wonderfully smile.gif maybe the stripes and others will eventually come online too!

As for the stats from Silvi's, I just want say thanks to Tridy again for keeping us updated while they were available.

The refusals really seem to have grown. In my 2 years+ on DC maybe two pairs refused each other. Now I had two refusals in maybe 3 weeks. dry.gif

I'm still getting refusals from stripes and metallics, no matter how I try differently.

Really disappointed with the fertility feature.

Just bred 17 stripes and got 0 eggs, sigh. I did breed a gold last night, though! First metallic I've bred in five months of trying. xd.png

I seem to be absolutely unable to sucessful breed my Silver dragon.

It's a male one and I would love to get a Silver egg & incubate it to be female.

None of my 2 Gold dragons has produced a Gold dragon egg so far, and my Stripes continously refuse.

I have one gold male and one silver male, neither have produced anything. Not had any luck at all with stripes since the blacks were introduced, when I got two.

I would dearly love another blue stripe to make a pair but it's in the lap of the Gods.

Something just has to be done about all the unsuccessful breeding of metals. I know we had a a good run a couple of months back but the state it is now is very depressing. I've gotten only ONE gold egg this week from the breeding of about 300 metals. YES, 3 freaking hundred. I know we need to keep rare as it is but having a full scroll of metals and not breeding is annoying, depressing, but most of all pointless. I can't even breed a common when paired with metals. Refusal rates are high as well. Never have I gotten 10s of refusals in a week.

I love this game and I want to enjoy the breeding aspect of it. Please don't take that away .... sad.gif

Edited by arlymaye

Something just has to be done about all the unsuccessful breeding of metals. I know we had a a good run a couple of months back but the state it is now is very depressing. I've gotten only ONE gold egg this week from the breeding of about 300 metals. YES, 3 freaking hundred. I know we need to keep rare as it is but having a full scroll of metals and not breeding is annoying, depressing, but most of all pointless. I can't even breed a common when paired with metals. Refusal rates are high as well. Never have I gotten 10s of refusals in a week.

I love this game and I want to enjoy the breeding aspect of it. Please don't take that away .... sad.gif

This :/ It's really sad having a few nice golds on my scroll and being unable to get another egg. I haven't seen a metallic egg on my scroll since march. And if arlymaye has 300 something metallics, what chance do I have? sad.gif

I just bred some golds, silvers, CB Stripes and one lovely CB Black I want an egg out of and zero as usual. Some with the fertility bsa and some without. I'd love to have something great to trade but so long as my censorkip.gif best dragons are on strike teleport is pretty useless to me. Go figure when I had the good eggs to trade I risked losing them in the old trading system, now that we have teleport I haven't any good eggs to trade. *sigh*

I been breed silvers, golds, color stripes and magma but no successful but 2 I finally successful is Icy and Thunder egg.. finally. smile.gif

I was wondering out of curiosity, if many people have been getting multiple eggs recently, as any time recently I have managed to breed, I just get one egg, in fact, I only remember getting more than one once before. Is it just rare?

I was wondering out of curiosity, if many people have been getting multiple eggs recently, as any time recently I have managed to breed, I just get one egg, in fact, I only remember getting more than one once before. Is it just rare?

It has been well over a year since common dragons lay more then one egg due to so many people who breed. Right now you are lucky if you even get one egg.

However around valentine, Christmas, Halloween any of your holiday dragons may produce more then one holiday egg. For Christmas or Valentine dragons though you can only have two of each type on your scroll: two sweetlings, two holly, two yulebuck etc. All other eggs will autoabandon if you have your limit.

Well the Gold/White Stripe pairing that have used twice with fertility produced an egg the time I didn't use it. Go figure. White Stripe for the record. First bred stripe I have gotten since the spam of black stripes.

Well the Gold/White Stripe pairing that have used twice with fertility produced an egg the time I didn't use it. Go figure. White Stripe for the record. First bred stripe I have gotten since the spam of black stripes.

I did that once but they did together but no successful for new egg of which white stripe male or gold female to would get one. see how work oh well. if black male will work on female gold when I will get. rolleyes.gifsmile.gif

I've had some success breeding Geodes (two now 2nd gen) but I think that's more due to the fact that the stone dragons have been dropping regularly in the Cave. Other than that not too much going on successful wise with any of my breedings.

Well I must have done something that pleased the Odds Gods, because I went through all my Silvers today and got TWO Silver eggs! Out of roughly 25 Silver/Something pairings... not too shabby!

One of the eggs, a 2nd gen, was produced with the help of Fertility while the other was just a nice surprise and has a new home. Honestly I'm shocked to get a shiny from any of my CB Silvers, as a rule they hate doing that.

Perhaps this incredible morning will inspire my lone CB Gold to breed his own shiny next week... which after checking his offspring I realize he hasn't done in TWO FREAKING YEARS! What is your problem, Athurok?! dry.gif

Once again it was pointless to try and breed my measly number of Metallics - who have only ever given me ONE blinking Shiny egg since 2008!!! Same with the Stripes. I DID manage to breed a Black egg.