TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

Okay, the e-mail in my box hasn't disappeared. This is real stuff.

I'm one of the first prize winners.

I never ever expected this would happen, given that my own bf told me my tree was hopeless. Plus I'm not artistically skilled and haven't tried to create anything 'artistic' since primary school. And this was a long lonnnnggggggggggg time ago wink.gif

Thank you sooooooo much for liking my tree!!!

It was a picture of dragon with wings made of lights and TJ ornament on its nose smile.gif

I will breed my dragon for you guys, and I will show you the eggie as soon as it appears on my scroll smile.gif Right now I'm dying to see it as much as all of you!

Congrats lorimmel! So wonderful!

I was amazed by your tree, I vividly remember it! A total deserver!

Edited by Becka

Congrats to those that won! Anyways, does anybody know when we will be able to see other people's trees ourselves?

Wanted to add my congratulations to the winners. I hope the prize dragons breed large clutches smile.gif Also hope that teleport comes out soon so you can really give away those dragons to those who choose smile.gif

Well since the other winners were doing it, I suppose I can describe my tree as well.

Mine tree had a silver dragon topper on top of the tree, "holding" two different ornaments on its wings (it looked like it had a curious facial expression, so that's why I did that), and the bigger red and white ball ornament hanging from its tail. The red ornament then started off a trail of almost every ball ornament going along the tree, all ordered according to their colour. It kept going until there were two drop-shaped loops on my tree. The inner loop was made mostly of the glass ball ornaments. After all of that, I put a snowflake in the middle.

Okay, the e-mail in my box hasn't disappeared. This is real stuff.

I'm one of the first prize winners.

I never ever expected this would happen, given that my own bf told me my tree was hopeless. Plus I'm not artistically skilled and haven't tried to create anything 'artistic' since primary school. And this was a long lonnnnggggggggggg time ago wink.gif

Thank you sooooooo much for liking my tree!!!

It was a picture of dragon with wings made of lights and TJ ornament on its nose smile.gif

I will breed my dragon for you guys, and I will show you the eggie as soon as it appears on my scroll smile.gif Right now I'm dying to see it as much as all of you!

Congrats!!!

...Now excuse me while I go stalk your scroll. wink.gif

Congrats to those that won! Anyways, does anybody know when we will be able to see other people's trees ourselves?

When TJ finds the time to get around to it. He's been busy with the start of school getting closer and hasn't had time yet. I don't have a good time estimate for that, unfortunately. ^^

I don't get it. I keep seeing people saying if we do this it will cause more drama or if we do that it will cause more drama...am I missing something? Because I'm not really seeing much drama around here. In fact, I've seen 40+ pages here, and almost every one is congratulatory, despite the fact that almost every person who wrote them didn't win.

Yeah, a few people might not like the competition and might be unhappy, but that's normal, that's not drama. Like I said, I may be missing some huge blow up somewhere, but it seems to me that the vast majority of us had fun and wish the winners well.

I know I loved it and not winning doesn't bother me and if they gave out badges to the top 200 and I wasn't in it, that wouldn't bother me either. This is a contest, it has winners, it has finalists, and it has those of us who probably came in 8,000th but enjoyed playing with out trees. From what I've seen, most people are okay with that, and the ones who aren't don't seem to be whipping up the kind of drama DC has seen before.

QFT!

Seriously, people on here usually spend more time complaining about the possibility of drama than they do actually creating drama. When the contest was first announced, lots of people thought there shouldn't be any contest at all because they were worried someone might cause drama over it. Well... that never really materialized. I don't think drama would suddenly materialize if there were a badge for the tree finalists, either. (Note that none of us except the winners have any idea if our trees were finalists or not, so this isn't about anyone being grabby.)

I think most people who play online games, even children, are pretty down with the possibility that they might not win all the time. Extra games and contests and awards = more fun and more chances to win, not more angst. Judging by the responses on this forum, it seems like that reaction is nearly unanimous. :-)

I'm sure this question has been asked over a hundred times, but when will the prize dragons be distributed? I'm eager to see them.

Seriously, people on here usually spend more time complaining about the possibility of drama than they do actually creating drama.

So the drama being created right now is over the lack of drama? wink.gif

Looks like it! xd.png

Oh there you are, MY ONLY 10 biggrin.gif I loved your unique and beautiful design so much I took a screenshot lol.

I was sooo curious if you would make it under the top ones, so I am very happy you got at least a HM, for me you belonged higher^^

Congrats to all winners and to the people that stayed happy although they didn't win a prize wink.gif

Edit: typo^^

Thanks! I don't think my tree deserved a 10, but it's nice to hear someone does. smile.gif

Congratulations to all the other winners!

i say show the trees! its what most people want and if people get mad, then theyre just gonna have to get mad!

i want to see the trees to formally congratulate people and see if i they are the ones i voted high on.

just sayin... cool.gif

Well since the other winners were doing it, I suppose I can describe my tree as well.

Mine tree had a silver dragon topper on top of the tree, "holding" two different ornaments on its wings (it looked like it had a curious facial expression, so that's why I did that), and the bigger red and white ball ornament hanging from its tail. The red ornament then started off a trail of almost every ball ornament going along the tree, all ordered according to their colour. It kept going until there were two drop-shaped loops on my tree. The inner loop was made mostly of the glass ball ornaments. After all of that, I put a snowflake in the middle.

Sounds gorgeous! I definitely didn't see that one.

My honorable mention tree:

It was a peacock "perched" on the tree, with its body (all in red) near the top, its neck and head (in purple) peering up to the left, and its tail (the round baubles in rainbow order, with the clear baubles in the middle, the "popcorn" forming a frilly base, and the flashing lights in between) curling over the whole tree. Its beak was two candies, and it had a string of beads as a feather on top of its head. It was looking up at a star topper.

My tree was one of those generic Blue and Silver trees. Nothing special at all. tongue.gif

I suppose that since everyone else is, I can describe my tree too.

I went very simple, with baubles, two candles and the pickle in a rainbow spread, with the one large strand of lights in behind the baubles. (I wanted a tinsel/garland too but it overwhelmed the baubles.)

There were six rows of baubles extending in rising, curved lines from left to right and gradated by color. Bottom-most was red to orange-red, then yellow-orange through gold and yellow-green, then greens through teal, then blues, then purples then white/silver. The topper was the silver eastern and I hung the snowflake from its tail. Among the presents I arranged the cardinal and six of the birds according to tail color. Dark blue on the ground, silver-blue perched on foreground presents, and pink perched on background presents.

I never expected to win anything with it, so I was so surprised when I got the email!

Uh, some of these descriptions are so long, I lose the picture in my head halfway down the line...trying to multitask while reading description is not very advisable xd.png

Any rules against posting a screepcap of each person's tree instead of trying to describe them?

Uh, some of these descriptions are so long, I lose the picture in my head halfway down the line...trying to multitask while reading description is not very advisable xd.png

Any rules against posting a screepcap of each person's tree instead of trying to describe them?

I would post a screencap, but from what I know until tree decorating is opened up again we're not allowed to.

I would post a screencap, but from what I know until tree decorating is opened up again we're not allowed to.

Really? I thought since voting is over and all, it's not like it's going to influence us or anything like that...

Homygosh. o _o I was just browsing through my spam mail, and saw TJ's email. I got 3rd place! xd.png YAY! I never expected to even get honorable mention, since my tree isn't that spectacular... it's simple, I think.

But when do we get our prizes....? >>

Homygosh. o _o I was just browsing through my spam mail, and saw TJ's email. I got 3rd place! xd.png YAY! I never expected to even get honorable mention, since my tree isn't that spectacular... it's simple, I think.

But when do we get our prizes....? >>

I'm guessing we get our prizes once all/most of the winners have specified what they want.

I had a row of birds that I thought weren't on the tree but they showed up. D:

And I probably shouldn't have used all the tree toppers. I thought it looked nice, but it was a little cluttered. tongue.gif

it makes me laugh how low the average and highest votes are. xd.png

I actually had my Spam Folder settings set to delete all Spam immediately. What if I was sent an e-mail? Now I'll never know sad.gif

I actually had my Spam Folder settings set to delete all Spam immediately. What if I was sent an e-mail? Now I'll never know sad.gif

PM TJ about it just to be sure~