TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

I somehow know that as soon as the prizes are handed out to the winners people will be begging the people with prize dragons to breed them nonstop... But still, congrats to whoever won!

I'm excited when we'll see others trees and the winning dragons. I hope they appear soon!

I've already congratulated the winners, and I am honestly happy for them.

I am also absolutely considering that TJ is wonderful for making sure they are protected from sickness during the growth period. I know we all will want to see the eggs and hatchies and know how many Views TJ's new releases get.

I also am thrilled about the winners being generous and saying they will breed their dragons for the rest of us to get a shot at. We do really appreciate that. Start us up some neat lineages, y'all! You will make everyone happy.

Congrats to the winners! I'm uber jealous, but I'm glad that we can all see the eggs soon. Fingers crossed for finding a 2nd gen prize dragon in the AP! happy.gif

Oh wow, i completely forgot until i decided to log on today xd.png

Don't see any mail in my box, so i guess my tree was a no go... not too surprised, but it is kind of a bummer. Congrats to the people that did make it though, The designs must have been really awesome to get noticed~

I think my disappointment at not winning was outweighed by the fun I had decorating the tree. I hope we can edit our trees soon so I can play some more.

Many congrats to the winners! Well done.

Ha now that I have seen so many winners I will STALK THEIR SCROLLS

More likely i will forget and go "Look! The tree decorating contest dragon!" 5 years later.

WarriorPriest, it's the first thing I won in my whole life. I'm in shock xd.png

That's amazing! Great job :3

I remember your tree- I think I gave it a nine. It deserved to win~

oh, i really liked the trees that had peace signs on them!!! if they were well done, which most of them were, i voted them at least an 8!!! and i DID see the marsupial tree, whoever had posted it was theirs! i even posted in the tree contest thread, before it closed: "umm... think i just saw some kind of marsupial tree?!?!" it really made me stop and look!!! laugh.gif

Okay, the e-mail in my box hasn't disappeared. This is real stuff.

I'm one of the first prize winners.

I never ever expected this would happen, given that my own bf told me my tree was hopeless. Plus I'm not artistically skilled and haven't tried to create anything 'artistic' since primary school. And this was a long lonnnnggggggggggg time ago wink.gif

Thank you sooooooo much for liking my tree!!!

It was a picture of dragon with wings made of lights and TJ ornament on its nose smile.gif

I will breed my dragon for you guys, and I will show you the eggie as soon as it appears on my scroll smile.gif Right now I'm dying to see it as much as all of you!

Thanks so much! Looking forward to seeing the prize dragon smile.gif

I never ever expected this would happen, given that my own bf told me my tree was hopeless. Plus I'm not artistically skilled and haven't tried to create anything 'artistic' since primary school. And this was a long lonnnnggggggggggg time ago wink.gif

It was a picture of dragon with wings made of lights and TJ ornament on its nose smile.gif

I will breed my dragon for you guys, and I will show you the eggie as soon as it appears on my scroll smile.gif Right now I'm dying to see it as much as all of you!

Congratulations, lorimmel! Apparently that BF was wrong, wasn't he? laugh.gif

I think you're the first person I've seen who has won first place. I've seen three HMs and one third place, and that's all. Perhaps most are keeping quiet, or simply haven't looked yet?

Thank you very much for breeding your dragon for those of us who didn't win. I think that if a very nice thing for you to do, especially since you're under no obligation at all. I look forward to seeing your egg. I may just have to stalk your scroll like a madwoman to chart it's progress. tongue.gif

Congratulations again. It sounds like you took a chance on pure creativity and it worked out for you!

Does everyone get that little bronze trophy with a 50 at the base on their scroll for participating?

Edited by pupptpaws2790

Congratulations! It's very kind of you to breed your prize dragons so that others may have the chance of getting an egg. ^-^

I didn't get to see your tree, but I did make a dragon one too (the hybrid one where there was a little dragon holding a snowglobe etc). So far from scanning this thread, it seems a majority of the winning trees were "traditional" - I'm glad TJ did consider other kinds. smile.gif

Really do want to see the other trees still, as well as showing our own ones and explaining concepts and such. :3

Ha now that I have seen so many winners I will STALK THEIR SCROLLS

More likely i will forget and go "Look! The tree decorating contest dragon!" 5 years later.

Ahahahaha, I wouldn't be surprised if I did that too. x3

Does everyone get that little bronze trophy with a 50 at the base on their scroll for participating?

The only badge people got for this Christmas is the little tree badge that leads to your big tree. That trophy badge is for having over 50 dragons. :3

That bronze trophy is not for participating. It's for having over 50 dragons on your scroll. laugh.gif

EDIT: ninja.gif'd by Socky.

Edited by earthgirl

That's a scroll trophy that you get for having 50 dragons. Even though it's in no way related to the contest, congrats on the 50 dragons & bronze trophy!

ninja.gif'd

Also, I have so far seen 10 of the 30 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place winners post in this thread, so a lot are posting (1/3), you just have to look for them.

Edited by lilraindrop

WarriorPriest, it's the first thing I won in my whole life. I'm in shock xd.png

Congrats. Glad you hear you won something. biggrin.gif you know your mailbox will be full of breeding requests any day now. lol!! I will have to wait till they flood the AP. LOL!! If I can catch one. biggrin.gif

Congratulations, Lorimmel!!!

I'm a page late for this, but there's been a surprising lack of drama. There's been a couple of people here and there very unhappy they didn't win, but they've been strongly overwhelmed by the huge amount of happy participants. I also haven't seen any winners flaunting and bragging. I admit, I'm impressed with you, citizens of DC. If this was on another adoptables website which I will leave unnamed, there would have been bickering and whining from day one when people saw how many winners there would be, and the minor glitch when submitting would have only made things worse.

Way to go, DC. You're definitely more mature.

And as for begging, I've posted a few times in this thread, and I have yet to receive any PMs begging for a Third Place Dragon. Which is wonderful, because I'm just going to send all of them to the AP.

@ Kayla: Thanks!!

@ lorimmel: Congrats! And I think I saw yours! If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was one of the few that I gave a 10 to.