TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

I've seen them.  :3  -skips off-

EVIL Marrionetta! Just dropping tantalizing tidbits and innocently skipping off like that! Please don't tease us like that! blink.gif

xd.png

Edited to improve bad keyboarding!

Edited by dragongrrl

Just noticed the "Highest Tree Score: 6.23" factiod. And the average tree was voted 3 or so.

That means the "winning tree" was graded at 62%? Jeez folks, that's harsh! I'd of expected the winner to at least get a 75%.

As I voted, I used 5 as the benchmark "average" tree. Decorated, but meh, nothing special.

Anything I liked was higher. Anything I did not like was lower. Only fully non-decorated trees or total messes (no effort) received a 1 or 2. I only granted a few a full 10. But most of my votes were in the 4 to 7 range.... if the tree was decorated, that is.

Given how positive everyone has been about this whole tree decorating thing, the numbers really seem to contradict that. Sad.

My average vote was a 3. I voted pretty harshly I guess. Only 5 10s and about 20 7-9s. Voted on like 500 trees. If it had more than 1 dragon, 2-3. If it had everything, 1. If it had nothing, 3. If it used gold and silver, 2-3. If it had more than one tinsel, 1-2.

Haven't got my consolation prize yet, so she's probably a spriter.

I've seen them. :3 -skips off-

Oh hush you tease @x@

/sooo wants to get in-cave

You get to see all the prettiessss...

Just noticed the "Highest Tree Score: 6.23" factiod. And the average tree was voted 3 or so.

That means the "winning tree" was graded at 62%? Jeez folks, that's harsh! I'd of expected the winner to at least get a 75%.

As I voted, I used 5 as the benchmark "average" tree. Decorated, but meh, nothing special.

Anything I liked was higher. Anything I did not like was lower. Only fully non-decorated trees or total messes (no effort) received a 1 or 2. I only granted a few a full 10. But most of my votes were in the 4 to 7 range.... if the tree was decorated, that is.

Given how positive everyone has been about this whole tree decorating thing, the numbers really seem to contradict that. Sad.

Not me. My lowest vote was a 4 for the blank or messy trees. I mostly ignored anything floating that looked liked it had been glitched, I focused on what the tree looked like and made me feel like.

I would be willing to bet I gave out more 8 9's and 10's than most any other voter. I am certain 1 night I gave out over 30.

For 2 reasons. 1. The majority of posters were talking about how few they were giving out. 2. Most importantly I LIKED the tree. I liked the design, the color, the well if it made me smile or say oh that is a lovely tree it got a 10.

Actually for 3 reasons...I truly enjoyed rewarding a good tree with a 10. I knew it was highly unlikely mine would win but when I saw all the different trees it didn't matter anymore. I had a chance to make someone else's day a bit better so I went for it and had a ball. I only regret I was not able to grade more trees.

In cave?

Yeah! If you get in-cave you get access to the artist's section. That's where they plan out all the holiday <3 and such, they get to know all the seekritz :D Like this one!

Edited by RheaZen

That's where they plan out all the holiday <3 and such, they get to know all the seekritz biggrin.gif Like this one!

I wouldn't guarantee that.

Yeah! If you get in-cave you get access to the artist's section. That's where they plan out all the holiday <3 and such, they get to know all the seekritz biggrin.gif Like this one!

Oh, I knew there was a secret section, but didn't know there was a name for it xd.png

I wouldn't guarantee that.

Yup. I didn't even know this contest was going to happen until you guys did. .-. Thought we were just getting an awesome tree badge and decorative tree. Maybe I missed something there, but prize and holiday dragons aren't flashed about there, either. ^^

The total amount of votes still astounds me. O_O

Tis a lot of votes, lol.

While I might agree that the average number of votes seems kind of sad, having gone through and voted on a fair number of trees, it's easy to see why. Most the ones I saw were overcrowded ones or glitch ones or empty ones, which made me give out a lot of low votes. And I wouldn't consider those trees average. I saw a fair number that were average and few that were well done or really well done. So while the vote might seem sadly low, I understand how we arrived at that number without even voting too strictly. x3

Though a lot of people did mention voting strictly and knowing they were voting strictly, so what do I really know, lol?

I gave out a lot of 8s. I saw a lot that I liked in the uh 20 minutes I spent voting before I got bored and wandered off. xd.png

Well if this happens again next year maybe it will go more smoothly so people will give better votes. :D

Edited by Ninetails

Sorry if this has been asked, but aren't we supposed to get editing capabilities for our own trees back at some point?

TJ's been preparing for college to start again, and hasn't had time to take care of this stuff, unfortunately. It'll come soon enough. ^^

The total amount of votes still astounds me. O_O

Tis a lot of votes, lol.

While I might agree that the average number of votes seems kind of sad, having gone through and voted on a fair number of trees, it's easy to see why. Most the ones I saw were overcrowded ones or glitch ones or empty ones, which made me give out a lot of low votes. And I wouldn't consider those trees average. I saw a fair number that were average and few that were well done or really well done. So while the vote might seem sadly low, I understand how we arrived at that number without even voting too strictly. x3

Though a lot of people did mention voting strictly and knowing they were voting strictly, so what do I really know, lol?

I agree totally about the average votes. I really tried to be fair in my voting, but there were just too many trees that were just 'meh' - or worse. In the end, I gave out 5 points for a tree that was decorated without major things to put me off - like being one-sided or having gaping holes in its decoration. Still, there were way too many 3s for my liking, not to mention the trees that were badly done/glitched/not done at all/worst kind of katamari in the first place. (And I actually saw at least one almost-katamari that got a 9 from me because it was so well-done.) But there were also a couple of amazing trees, and I'd love to see a picture gallery of all the 200 best trees.

I have just seen that my Dragcave email was on a old site that does not exist anymore... I have just changed my adress.

But I am not able to know if I received an email on my old (very old) adress.

Will a list of the winners be disclosed?

Yeah! If you get in-cave you get access to the artist's section. That's where they plan out all the holiday <3 and such, they get to know all the seekritz biggrin.gif Like this one!

I AM in-cave and I swear to God I haven't seen these prize dragons. V_V

There are seekritz beyond seekritz.

4srs? @.@

yus.

There are also things *I* know about and the others don't. tongue.gif So be it.

AND and... to be On-topic, I'm also dying to know what these guys look like and I'm kinda surprised they weren't given out yet.

Edited by earthgirl

My god. Even spriters didn't see them?

...do they even exist? xd.png

Edited by natli