TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

Heh. No e-mail. Ah, well. *shrug* It was fun to play with, though. biggrin.gif

Well, correction. If I did get an e-mail, it was in Spam and was deleted because I didn't check this thread in time. But I'm not holding my breath. laugh.gif

Congrats to the winners! I hope we get to see at least some of the winning trees. That was a lot of votes. 277 people hit every last one of the trees, huh? blink.gif I'm impressed.

No e-mail for me either - not that I was really counting on one. Congrats though to those who did win

I'd like to see where my tree fell in the ranks, and also what its average score was. Though to be honest, if I found out my tree was the 201st highest ranked tree or something, I'd be kicking myself big time.

Same here xd.png

as for if mine was ranked 201, then congrats to whoever got rank 200 xd.png

I'm certain mine got rank -1, even the blank tree was better, I want to see the prize dragons now.

Damn, no e-mail. And I was hoping, too . . .

What do the prize dragons look like? Anyone know yet?

TJ said he wouldnt post scores for trees. because no matter what It will be upsetting to many people, say the lower 50% for instance.

i am curious to see how mine ranked also. i know earlier i said i didnt want to know, but its driving me nuts now. even if its a private way of knowing, idc. it wasnt the best tree out there, obviously, but i liked it and want to know what others thought about it.

oh ninja.gif 'd

i guess thats true. though i wouldnt get mad, i need criticism. i wonder if he would just do it for those who want to know and promise not to throw a hissy. :/

Edited by socrates

Dragon's haven't been distributed yet. And my curiosity is killing me too xd.png

No email either but i am happy anyway X3 happy for the people who won

I am so nervous on how the dragons look like,

But on the other hand I want to thank TJ and all teh spriters who made this possible. it was wonderfully funny xd.png

I didn't receive an email from TJ, shucks! Congratulations to the winners and honorable mentions.

My entry was the one with two trees - a traditional with a completely over-the-top katamari tree in front and to the right of it. I know at least a few folks commented on it and gave it high marks, and at least one person (more than that, apparently) gave it a "really low score". I probably would have rated it low as well, but it was fun to see it pop up in discussion. I did use all the ornaments, toppers, garland, and lights.

I don't know if my entry was one of the top 200 finalists, but it would be nice, imho, if those who made the list received some sort of Top 200 trophy for their scroll.

No email here which sucks i was hopeing for HM. oh well Congrats to the winners tho. Wounder what the dragons will look like smile.gif

I didn't receive an email from TJ, shucks! Congratulations to the winners and honorable mentions.

My entry was the one with two trees - a traditional with a completely over-the-top katamari tree in front and to the right of it. I know at least a few folks commented on it and gave it high marks, and at least one person (more than that, apparently) gave it a "really low score". I probably would have rated it low as well, but it was fun to see it pop up in discussion. I did use all the ornaments, toppers, garland, and lights.

I don't know if my entry was one of the top 200 finalists, but it would be nice, imho, if those who made the list received some sort of Top 200 trophy for their scroll.

That was your tree? biggrin.gif Wow I really liked the creativity of that one!

Also, if you got like a runner up trophy thing like you suggested that would be kinda cool <3 Kinda like a 'good work!' sticker :B

I didn't see that one to vote on it, but if it's the screenshot I saw, I did think it was rather clever. Two trees for the price of one :3

If anyone saw the marsupial/dragon tree, that was mine~

and I'm all in favor of a 'good work!' sticker xd.png it could be star-shaped, with big bubble letters!

No email for me. sad.gif I wish we could see what the prize dragon eggs looked like. I'm curious.

EDIT: Congrats to the winners, btw.

Edited by Cod Cod

Is there any chance of knowing what an individual tree scored? As in what mine averaged at?

Oh I saw yours! I think I gave you a 9. It was very clever and original!

My tree had four horizontal rows of ornaments that dipped down in the middle. They were sort of arranged in rainbow order. In between the bottom two rows I had the 4 birds, baby booties, and the oval baubles. In between the middle rows, I had the horse on top of the plate-thingy, the two icicle-ish ornaments, the pickle, and the golden reindeer. In between the top two rows, I hd the iced-bauble, angel, and snowflake. Over the top row, I had the potato-holly egg, snow-globe, and pinecone. My topper was the golden western dragon, with TJ's symbol on its tail, and the velociraptor a little bit above the TJ sign. I perched the cardinal on the big green present, put the horn on the thin parcels, and on the right side of the big red present, the nutcracker stood with the candycane in his hand. Overall, I would have given my tree a 9, because a few of my ornaments in the rows were a few pixels out of place. Yes, I am aware that this is a very detailed description of my tree xd.png

Edited by PieMaster

I like this idea. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy or jealousy-inducing, just a little "Finalist!" badge on the tree page or something like that. It would put a few extra smiles on faces at no real cost to anyone. I'm almost always in favor of ideas like that. :-)

My entry was the one with two trees - a traditional with a completely over-the-top katamari tree in front and to the right of it.

I remember that one! It was one of the really memorable trees. I don't remember what score I gave it, but it was definitely one of the good ones (above 5.)

If I described my tree, no one would recognize it from the description-- it looked so much like so many other trees. But one of my sons made Saint Lucia on top of his tree by putting candles in the angel's hair. I was surprised to see that no one else (as far as I noticed) had that idea. I guess Saint Lucia isn't a very well-known tradition! Anyway, if anybody saw a tree with candles in the angel's hair and wondered "why is her hair on fire," it was my son's, and here is the reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy%27s_Day :-D

Edited by tjekan

hmm no email ahah oh well tongue.gif

will we be able to see an average rating of our tree?

I like this idea. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy or jealousy-inducing, just a little "Finalist!" badge on the tree page or something like that. It would put a few extra smiles on faces at no real cost to anyone. I'm almost always in favor of ideas like that. :-)

I like this idea too! It would be really neat for the top 200 >>> 200 out of over 8,000 is still REALLY good! Just my 2 cents worth!

dry.gif My tree had a dragon egg made of ball ornaments and a snowflake. I never saw it come up while voting though....