TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

Keep in mind that TJ is a busy guy and college is starting back up for him. It might be a little while until he has the time to hand out the prizes. ^^

Keep in mind that TJ is a busy guy and college is starting back up for him. It might be a little while until he has the time to hand out the prizes. ^^

Yep!

biggrin.gif

Can't work out whether college is the equivalent of university or secondary school though xd.png

Can't work out whether college is the equivalent of university or secondary school though xd.png

In the United States, that would be University. Secondary school is high school here.

Yep!

biggrin.gif

I believe it's the equivalent of university, since colleges here are called universities sometimes. Whichever one is higher, that's college. tongue.gif

ninja.gif'd again!

Edited by lilraindrop

Ah. Thank you!

Your welcome.

I've actually clicked that link many times since I first saw it.

Your welcome.

Likewise xd.png I've also been checking my email like, twice a day, just in case or something X3 Ah well tongue.gif

sad.gif no emails other than one from one of my friends and a spam(not a YAY YOU WON though sad.gif )

but maybe I'll get honorable! smile.gif

but what about HM?

Ok: Poll: how many people do keeping clicking the prize link everytime someone links it here? lol Ive seen 3 people (besides me) admit to it, any others? lol

and here's the link again just to feed the clickers:

http://dragcave.net/tree-prize

tongue.gif

Once again, thank you TJ and spriters, I've had so much fun with this event, that I totally feel that I won the most. (and I didn't even get a prize) biggrin.gif I hope we can look forward to other events like this in the future.

Edited by DragonLady86

Thanks guys, makes more sense xd.png

I just clicked the link again, lol. So guilty. xd.png

Ok: Poll: how many people do keeping clicking the prize link everytime someone links it here? lol Ive seen 3 people (besides me) admit to it, any others? lol

tongue.gif

Once again, thank you TJ and spriters, I've had so much fun with this event, that I totally feel that I won the most. (and I didn't even get a prize) biggrin.gif I hope we can look forward to other events like this in the future.

You're far from alone xd.png

tongue.gif

Once again, thank you TJ and spriters, I've had so much fun with this event, that I totally feel that I won the most.  (and I didn't even get a prize)  biggrin.gif  I hope we can look forward to other events like this in the future.

First time I clicked it was when it was new and a bit glitchy, confusing everybody. I got the HM page that time and filled it out, got the page saying my selection was saved. blink.gif I keep clicking on it to see if I get that page again, but I haven't seen it since that first time. I keep checking my e-mail too, but I haven't seen anything there either. Oh well. xd.png

My niece (who didn't win, either) and I both had a lot of fun with the trees, and we both still like our trees, even if we can't change ever them. biggrin.gif

Congrats again to all the winners, and thanks to TJ, and all the spriters, mods and other elves that helped make this a wonderful event! wub.gif

tongue.gif

*raises hand*

I clicked it, even though I know its not gonna change. xd.png

My niece (who didn't win, either) and I both had a lot of fun with the trees, and we both still like our trees, even if we can't change ever them. biggrin.gif

I thought we would be able to edit them again?

I thought we would be able to edit them again?

As I understand it, we will be able to edit again. My point was simply that we like our trees exactly as they are. smile.gif

Well,not me but congrats to all the winners!So.What do I have to get a low gen prize dragon?.............*Cry*...........Well,I wanna edit mine.

Hasn't everyone, in the desperate hope that they might have won? tongue.gif

I didn't even enter the contest and I clicked that darn link. lol. >.<

Congrats, lorimmel! I remember seeing your dragon tree and voting high on it!

I had done a dragon theme too, though mine was harder to make out... I used the gold star on the tree top, with the snowflake in the star's middle, both sitting on the snow-covered globe ornament.

Then I used a few ornaments to shape the dragon head (using the white booties for the nose and the red raptor as the bottom jaw, and 2 ornaments for eyes), with a bell strand as the tongue "licking" at the snow ornament and tree top. The rainbow globes formed a garland draped around the tree that looked like the dragon body, and further down I used the transparent globes for another garland to finish the body, with the bird ornaments layered to look like a feathery tail at the end. I used the lights to outline the wings on either side of the tree, with popcorn strands to form the wing ribs. I put three or four other ornaments spaced out on the tree just to fill in space, and scattered a few below among the presents.

But when I saw lorimmel's tree, I knew I had some serious competition and was probably beat rolleyes.gifxd.png

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to know how our trees ranked. It might be nice to know you got into the top 200, but from there it was all TJ's personal choice, and therefore much easier for non-winners to complain that they lost due to one person's taste preference. Plus, imagine the heartbreak of the person who was in 51st place sad.gif

Edited by jerusha

I didn't even enter the contest and I clicked that darn link. lol. >.<

LOL. You win. x3

I am excited for tree viewing to be opened back up. I didn't go through most of the trees during voting, so it will be cool to be able to see more. :3

Goslander, I'm sure I saw your beautiful tree (though my English is not very good and it's hard to understand descriptions)! I also love star shapes and as for me - I saw only one or two star trees (though I didn't go through all trees when voting)