TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

See that's what I had thought but I didn't know for sure. lol Thanks for the clarity!

Everyone is taking this well .

Congrats to the winners and honorable mentions, I envy you guys.

As long as we're describing our trees: mine was a nice classic one but with four streamers coming down from the bells and across the background.

Each streamer was made of popcorn or blinking lights and ended with one of the colorful birds holding an icicle ornament/candy cane/TJ sign.

eh shucks I didn't win xd.png

Not in my junk

not in my inbox

lol actually it was kinda hard to get a good looking tree, I did my best/ biggrin.gif

oh! since were describing...

mine was a traditional one. i tried not to use all the ornaments but failed. i have a silver dragon topper holding a gold star topper. and placed carefully around the tree are the gold dragons, 2 on the right side and one on the left. its pretty full, buit i did my best to make it all evenly placed with no empty spots and only used the gold garland. it was under all the ornaments.

the bottom of the tree had the jar things, gingerbread guy, rocking horse and nutcracker along with french horn and bow in the middle. it's also pretty evenly placed.

lots of blinking lights and no floating things.

so thats my tree. smile.gif

Eh, I over decorated my tree to the point where I could no longer see the green. If one of the winners has a tree like mine, I will laugh. biggrin.gif

Haha I even had a dream I won an honorable mention. I dreamed T.J. as a tall, creepy, faceless guy and I got an xd.png dragon instead of an egg. It was pretty awesome.

Congrats to winners!

Mine was fairly simply, Gold Eastern dragon topper, silver garland, a nutcracker at the bottom with the presents and various ornaments including all 4 candles and the blue and silver birdy.

and popcorn garland hanging out by the border cause I didn't realize it was still visible till editing was closed.

Mine has a nest-like thing of popcorn garland with birds at the ends on top. The main tree has a smiley face, with the eyes as the two stars. They'res ornaments outlining the whole tree, too. I really like my tree. smile.gif

Edited by Gemini8910

My tree was a tree design within a tree X3 I thought it was a cute concept. Obviously other people had much better ideas, though ^-^ Gotta work harder next year I guess X3

My tree was a tree design within a tree X3 I thought it was a cute concept. Obviously other people had much better ideas, though ^-^ Gotta work harder next year I guess X3

I think I remember yours. It was one of the few 10s I gave out. smile.gif

All of your tree descriptions sound really awesome; I'm curious to see the winning trees as well as the prize dragons biggrin.gif

My tree had a peace sign right in the center of the tree, made of all the basic baubles in a ROYGBIV fashion as well as the semi-transparent glass baubles. TJ's logo was in the very center of one of the glass baubles. There were some random ornaments scattered around the peace sign.

I also used a gold dragon topper, the 20 separate light strings for the main body of the tree, and lots of little toys and birdies to decorate the bottom part of the tree (where the presents sat). It was good enough to win a third place ^^;;

I kind of wish we were going to be allowed to have a tree screenshot thread instead of a post your link thread. I mean, I understand why we can't because the all those images might be a load on the forum, but I think it would be more fun for commenting purposes, we could share our trees and still be able to play with them when the edit feature comes back, and (probably my favorite) we could get to see each others trees now. xd.png

I didn't receive an email from TJ, shucks! Congratulations to the winners and honorable mentions.

My entry was the one with two trees - a traditional with a completely over-the-top katamari tree in front and to the right of it. I know at least a few folks commented on it and gave it high marks, and at least one person (more than that, apparently) gave it a "really low score". I probably would have rated it low as well, but it was fun to see it pop up in discussion. I did use all the ornaments, toppers, garland, and lights.

I don't know if my entry was one of the top 200 finalists, but it would be nice, imho, if those who made the list received some sort of Top 200 trophy for their scroll.

Your tree cracked me up. I gave it my only 10. I bet the only reason you didn't win is because a lot of people voted it down to give themselves a better chance.

People must have thought my tree was less of a threat, because I got an honorable mention. smile.gif Mine was the one with the wave made of the bead strings and the colored balls from Day 1, with birds perched on three of the balls, the cardinal on top, and the squiggly thingy and one of the clear balls inside the largest curve of the wave.