Saif

Pet Peeves

(You are a human being, not a wolf, centaur, unicorn, nekokitty princess. No. No. That is not coping with life, that is playing pretend and ignoring the fact that your life is a mess.)

Um. Most of us don't use it as a coping method. It's just how we are. And for some (myself included), it ties in with spiritual beliefs.

My life is not a mess. It's not ideal, but not a mess. My identity has nothing to do with whether or not it is.

I think it's time for one of my pet peeves: People who harass other people over something that has no effect on their life and is not hurting anyone.

when people kill or hurt snakes just because they're snakes :I

Edited by Switch

when people kill or hurt snakes just because they're snakes :I

This, and spiders, insects, etc., especially when they're outside and you'd have to go out of your way just to be completely inconsiderate and kill them for no real reason. @_@

This, and spiders, insects, etc., especially when they're outside and you'd have to go out of your way just to be completely inconsiderate and kill them for no real reason. @_@

Those too. Or when people say they have a pet snake or spider or etc, and someone else goes "KILL IT WITH FIRE."

no.

That is someone's pet. :| Just because you're scared of it doesn't give you an excuse to threaten or hurt it.

Edited by Switch

I can't stand that either. It's not really any different from saying that about someone's cat or dog, I don't understand why people can't see that. I'm scared of dogs, but I don't go around telling people who post pictures of their dogs that they should kill them.

Edited by Pika_Oi

Furries.

And especially furries who try to defend furrydom when I call them out on their BS.

(You are a human being, not a wolf, centaur, unicorn, nekokitty princess. No. No. That is not coping with life, that is playing pretend and ignoring the fact that your life is a mess.)

I have a special kind of loathing for furries and scalies and otherkin.

Is it racist? No. Furry isn't a race. I'm not against your 'species' either because we're the same species. Human.

GOSH that rustles my jimmies. My jimmies are all kinds of rustled right now.

It's remarkable how the years change. When my mother was a children, people who had hairs all over the body, or any other special characteristics, were outcasts of the society and people look them with fear or disgust, really sad and lonely figures with wounding hearts, who found a shelter at circus where they used their specialities as a show in order to live. Now everyone wishes and try to do every trick in order to have more hair, or sharp teeths, or sensitivity to sun, or anything else that they can say "Look I'm a vimpire, warewolf, or whatever supernatural", ignoring that some people are having hard time with their "specialities".

Top 10 Pet Peeves

1. Religion

2. People who trash someone else's ideas just because they don't agree or the idea wasn't presented with "perfect grammar."

3. People who think it's okay to make fun of someone when they don't type/chat/talk in perfect English.

4. Elevator Music

5. Unnecessary paperwork

6. Unsharpened Pencils

7. Having to read cursive.

8. The feeling/sound of canvas or canvas-like material.

9. Right-handed scissors

10. Reading/watching/listening to a series out of order.

People not dying when I shoot them with lightning. (Go look at my posts in forum games.)

1. When you're telling the truth, but there's no way to prove it and everyone thinks you're lying anyways. No matter what you say in defense of yourself, they have it in their heads that you won't tell the truth regardless, and so you're left feeling helpless. I mean honestly, I hate it. I'm such an awkward person that it seems like I'm lying when I'm not.

2. When people go off on religious rants. I'm willing to learn about religion, but no, I'm not going to "suddenly magically and wonderfully convert" to whatever it is you're talking about. So please, spare your breathe and stop. I find religion fascinating and I'm always open to hear about what it is they do and what it's all about. I just hate it when someone thinks that with one huge rant I'll suddenly be "saved."

3. Respect the opinion of others. One of my main mottoes. So when someone aimlessly bashes something for no reason, it's quite annoying. I believe in what I believe, and I respect what you believe. Please. There's a difference between giving a reason and stating why you don't agree in a polite and/or calm way. There's absolutely no need for: "I HAET WAT YOU LIKE BECUZ IT DOESNT WORK DAT WAYYY!!1!!! YOU STUPID PEICE OF censorkip.gif" Just. Don't.

4. Hypocrisy. Now I'll admit that I'm a hypocrite sometimes. Normally, it doesn't bother me much. It's specifically when it pertains to a couple/relationship and one party can do whatever while the other can't. I mainly witness this with my mother and step-father. It's NOT okay for her to go to the doctor, or run to the store, or DO ANYTHING without him without being accused of cheating. But on the other hand, he's ALONE AT HOME ALL DAY EVERY DAY. And he can do whatever, yeah, yeah, that's fine. It drives me up the wall.

5. Racist stereotypes. It really bugs me because while some of them apply to some of that race, no, it doesn't apply to every single one. I'm half Korean, and people automatically assume that I eat rice. I don't even like rice. People automatically assume that I'm super-duper amazing at math. Math is my worst subject (whereas English and writing are my good points). My step-dad even commented once that "you would probably love to eat a dog." That. That really made me want to punch him. So please, don't assume that "all Mexicans love tacos" or "all Asians are good at math" or anything like that. It's not always true.

6. When someone brags about how good they are at something, when really, they aren't. It really bugs me. My step-sister, for example, thinks that she's some sort of amazing author. Let me tell you: she doesn't even understand the concept of capital letters and apostrophes. She uses numbers in the place of words (like, 4 for for, or 2 for to). She CANNOT write. But she goes on and on about how she loves to write stories and blah blah blah. I just find it annoying because I myself actually write quite a bit.

Okay. I'm done now... xd.png

-deep inhale- Here comes my pet peeves!

1.) People pulling the racist card on non-racist things. I've seen people shout "THAT'S RACIST" on things that have nothing to do with race. People get in trouble at my school for acting stupid, and immediately think it's because they are of a certain race. You didn't get in trouble for being a certain race, you got in trouble because you did something stupid.

2.) People who get so engrossed with their fandoms that all they talk about is that fandom. I've had to quit talking to certain people because it was nothing but "ohmygawd I love ____ because ________. DON'T YOU LOVE ____?!".

3.) People who constantly talk about their boyfriend/girlfriend like they'll never see them again. YOU JUST LEFT TO GO TO CLASS. SHUT UP. IT'S NOT TITANIC. Although I wish it was because then he'd die and I'd never have to see him again.

4.) Narcissists. People who come up and say "I'm the prettiest girl around," or "Aren't me and my boyfriend the cutest couple? Don't you think so?". I always reply with "No," to them because it makes them feel stupid. Which they should.

1. When I'm driving at night and someone has blueeadlights or someobe gets behind me with purple headlights. That drives me bonkers because I'm still a newbie driver.

2. When, like, people talk, like, this. It's, like, so annoying.

3. People who can never stop texting on their phones.

People who try to guilt people over things they have little or no control over.

I have a lot of pet peeves, but I'll share my biggest ones.

1. People who get offended over everything.

2. Radical Feminists (I guess they apply to 1)

3. Rabid fangirls/boys

4. Spoiled rotten children

5. Extremely touchy-feely people.

There is one thing that ticks me off, but it's about my self. I hate how whenever I type(it's better now though) a sentence, after the punctuation I never put a space. I have to constantly remind myself.

Currently I have two:

1) I hate the tongue.gif emoticon

2) Hate writing a huge paragraph to someone via text and get "k". LOL

1. When you're telling the truth, but there's no way to prove it and everyone thinks you're lying anyways. No matter what you say in defense of yourself, they have it in their heads that you won't tell the truth regardless, and so you're left feeling helpless. I mean honestly, I hate it. I'm such an awkward person that it seems like I'm lying when I'm not.

2. When people go off on religious rants. I'm willing to learn about religion, but no, I'm not going to "suddenly magically and wonderfully convert" to whatever it is you're talking about. So please, spare your breathe and stop. I find religion fascinating and I'm always open to hear about what it is they do and what it's all about. I just hate it when someone thinks that with one huge rant I'll suddenly be "saved."

3. Respect the opinion of others. One of my main mottoes. So when someone aimlessly bashes something for no reason, it's quite annoying. I believe in what I believe, and I respect what you believe. Please. There's a difference between giving a reason and stating why you don't agree in a polite and/or calm way. There's absolutely no need for: "I HAET WAT YOU LIKE BECUZ IT DOESNT WORK DAT WAYYY!!1!!! YOU STUPID PEICE OF censorkip.gif" Just. Don't.

4. Hypocrisy. Now I'll admit that I'm a hypocrite sometimes. Normally, it doesn't bother me much. It's specifically when it pertains to a couple/relationship and one party can do whatever while the other can't. I mainly witness this with my mother and step-father. It's NOT okay for her to go to the doctor, or run to the store, or DO ANYTHING without him without being accused of cheating. But on the other hand, he's ALONE AT HOME ALL DAY EVERY DAY. And he can do whatever, yeah, yeah, that's fine. It drives me up the wall.

5. Racist stereotypes. It really bugs me because while some of them apply to some of that race, no, it doesn't apply to every single one. I'm half Korean, and people automatically assume that I eat rice. I don't even like rice. People automatically assume that I'm super-duper amazing at math. Math is my worst subject (whereas English and writing are my good points). My step-dad even commented once that "you would probably love to eat a dog." That. That really made me want to punch him. So please, don't assume that "all Mexicans love tacos" or "all Asians are good at math" or anything like that. It's not always true.

6. When someone brags about how good they are at something, when really, they aren't. It really bugs me. My step-sister, for example, thinks that she's some sort of amazing author. Let me tell you: she doesn't even understand the concept of capital letters and apostrophes. She uses numbers in the place of words (like, 4 for for, or 2 for to). She CANNOT write. But she goes on and on about how she loves to write stories and blah blah blah. I just find it annoying because I myself actually write quite a bit.

Okay. I'm done now... xd.png

That pretty much sums up my biggest pet peeves. Although, I will add two more (both driving related):

1) When people don't use turn signals. [seriously, it's not hard and those signals exist for a reason!]

2) When someone is turning and, instead of merging into the first lane and then into the one they need, they just do a wide turn into that lane. [Making a proper turn is not difficult!]

Edit: Have to list a third one.

3) It absolutely annoys the censorkip.gif out of me when I'm doing something and someone interrupts me. Seriously. If I'm trying to do my work, leave me alone!

Edited by Kurane

Video games with ridiculously obvious tutorials that last for the entire duration of the game.

I hate still getting tutorials for things popping up when I'm an hour away from completing the game. And I hate tutorials for obvious things. Yes, locked doors need keys that are likely to be found somewhere in the level. And to equip weapons and armor, you must select 'Equip'. What novel concepts, I absolutely never would have figured that out for myself. rolleyes.gif I liked earlier video games where you were supposed to figure things out for yourself. I'm tired of video games acting like their main customers are 2 year olds.

People in line at the supermarket checkout: I suppose you come here rather often, right? Shouldn't you know by now how this works?

Person behind me: When you see that the person in front of you has a lot of items, do NOT start loading your items onto the conveyor belt before I'm done. Where am I supposed to put the rest of my stuff? Pile it up as a giant pyramid? Keep it in the basket and hand it to the cashier one by one? No.

Person in front of me: When you only have one item, please DO put it on the belt anyway, don't hold it in your hand and look away or the cashier will start scanning the items of the person behind you and then you'll yell "no that isn't my stuff" indignantly and they will have to cancel everything and start all over. Why??

Some cashiers really have the patience of a saint.

I freaking hate when people tell me I'm pretty without makeup and that I don't need it

I don't care. I like wearing makeup. Leave me alone .-.

When people know something bother yous but they keep on doing it. Or when they mess with your things without asking. Or when they have a set chore to do and they laze about and refuse to do it, leaving it to the one person who physically cannot do without causing grievous harm to themselves. (I cannot clean the house. I have degenerating disks/arthritis and my one roommate has been supposed to clean for 3 months and hasn't and I finally refused to cook until the place is clean.)

People who come to your house and make messes. People who come to your house and sneer at your choice of pets. People who poke at your choices in foods. People who make fun of your clothes and hair and then get mad when you dont wanna hang out.

I get the feeling I should just type "people".