Saif

Pet Peeves

I strongly dislike those people who doesn't do their work or is too busy messing around to do work. I usually end up being the strongest contributer, and that annoys me. A lot. And I don't like the modern text language. I've never used any abbreviations, except once when I replaced "you" with "u" as a test.

Edited by Darklight

I'm tired of people that can't seem to leave my scroll alone when I don't want their "help".

A forum related one:

People taking things from departure threads. Even when you explicitly ask them to post. Some days, I think of never posting there again.

When people share the most ignorant and stupidest 'facts' on facebook.

I wish people would actually research the validity of random articles or 'facts' they share on facebook instead of just blindingly reposting it and spreading more false information. It's not hard to check snopes at least. Who could honestly believe that KFC uses tubes that pump blood and nutrients into their chickens, do you know how expensive that would be vs chicken feed? The world is stupid enough, we don't need people going around making everyone stupider.

When people type like this: "u r so cool". I can understand things like misspelling and all that but it bugs me when I can't understand what someone is saying.

And kitchen jokes. I still haven't sound one I thought was funny.

People who get angry at you for whatever reason and start ranting about their other problems that have nothing to do with you and claim that because of this other problem/incident in their lives they are wise and know everything and they are convinced they know everything about you, even though their current problem with you is TOTALLY unrelated. Like, 'You see... I had this car crash a couple of years ago... I've been through A LOT and I know a lot about people. Don't play smart with me because i KNOW you purposefully broke the heater!' Like... WTF. xd.png

Also, people who smoke on the street and walk in front of you. *cough*

People who call you once an year just to start whining and going about not giving them enough attention and asking you why you 'hate' them so much that you don't want to see them anymore. SRSLY.

Those who try to 'bribe' you with stuff, just so you will be on their side, although you know their past actions hurt you. But heck - they give you something really yummy every 2 years or so - you should totally forget what they've done and love them like a dumb pet!

Edited by earthgirl

This is more of a personal one but, I have like this mental block sometimes, and I don't actually know if it's just me, but it's like, I know exactly what I want to say, but there's no words for it! I have an expanded vocabulary; I was notorious in school for reading a dictionary once, (seldom do I do that in public now,) I know what pseudohypoparathyroidism is, and used it hangman once, but I don't know how describe things!

It's not like I can ask either, does anybody else have this problem? BECAUSE I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT AND THAT'S THE censorkip.gif ING PROBLEM. Instead I stutter, make nightmarish grammatical errors trying to say two things at once, and just don't get the point across anyway. Did I mention I'm a writer?

On another note, people throwing around the word "hipster" bugs me way too much. It doesn't even mean anything anymore it's used so much!

This is more of a personal one but, I have like this mental block sometimes, and I don't actually know if it's just me, but it's like, I know exactly what I want to say, but there's no words for it! I have an expanded vocabulary; I was notorious in school for reading a dictionary once, (seldom do I do that in public now,) I know what pseudohypoparathyroidism is, and used it hangman once, but I don't know how describe things!

It's not like I can ask either, does anybody else have this problem? BECAUSE I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT AND THAT'S THE censorkip.gif ING PROBLEM. Instead I stutter, make nightmarish grammatical errors trying to say two things at once, and just don't get the point across anyway. Did I mention I'm a writer?

On another note, people throwing around the word "hipster" bugs me way too much. It doesn't even mean anything anymore it's used so much!

You are not the only one biggrin.gif When I was a kid, I literally couldn't talk because my vocabulary was too big for a child my age. I've grown into it, but nowadays I have problems with translating, when I know exactly what the word "desk" means, but I just can't remember how it goes in my own language xd.png

I hate it when people sit beside me on the buss with their headphones up so loud that it hurts my ears.

I dislike it when people hum strange tunes when I'm waiting for the bus late at night

And it disturbs me when people chew with their mouths open :/

I don't like people being sick around me, all the coughing and sniffling really gets to me. dry.gif

Also, when I'm working hard or relaxing, someone has to come and talk to me/interrupt me. mad.gif

"This egg is hidden behind the others, as if it is shy."

These are starting to seriously annoy me at the moment :/

#1 - Toilet paper roll where censorkip.gif TP comes out under roll. That is the WRONG WAY.

#2 - Messy/illegible handwriting. If you aren't going to write something legible, don't bother writing it!! AARGH!!!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

#2 - Messy/illegible handwriting. If you aren't going to write something legible, don't bother writing it!! AARGH!!!

I know my handwriting is ugly but I am doing my best in writing beautifully and neatly. unsure.gif Please don't be angry? I scribble but that's for personal notes/use; When the need for other people to read my writing, I make it readable as I can so the person may not have a hard time. Apparently, it's difficult sad.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

> I don't like people judging my actions; I know I'm weird but we're all unique in one way or the other. Erm, also do not like people criticising small mistakes- especially IF THEY ARE HYPOCRITES.

Anyway, another thing that annoys me is the desktop computer which shows error all the time- corrupted.

Hypocrites.

Lies, well liars in general.

Bullies.

Slow Laptops.

Virus for computers. ;w;

And when I draw something traditionally and I completely ruin it. Dx

That's why most of the times I prefer digital art. (When drawing)

roommates being disrespectful... and trying to dictate my sleeping habits, along with freeloading and not doing their share of the cleaning! (sorry, been holding this in for far too long.)

Right now? Not being able to write. dry.gif I really want to write some stories, but I can't think of anything. ARGH WRITER'S BLOCK.

People Who Capitalize Every Letter Of Their Sentences.

people whose punctuation seems to be broken

Ppl who have an inabilty to typ prprly (txtspk)

people who can you barely undrstand cause sentences theirs sense no make at all expeshully with bad spelng.

People who are argumentative, but contribute nothing to the discussion besides, "These are my views, and if you don't agree, then I shall forever hold a grudge against you."

People I consider idiots.

People who think their art is good when it's really, really horrible.

People who are slow because they don't pay attention.

People who want to freeload.

Group projects.

Teachers seating me next to dumb people to "smartify" them.

People who seem to want a career flipping burgers at McDonald's because they keep checking their social media instead of watching the lesson.

People who have an apparent abhorrence of typing more than one word of critique. (the "grunters")

Right now? Not being able to write.  I really want to write some stories, but I can't think of anything. ARGH WRITER'S BLOCK.

I feel your pain, friend!

It's especially bad when you have it in your head, but you can't get it out, or worse; you write yourself into a block and it's like AAAH NONONO

People who are slow because they don't pay attention.

I have ADHD, untreated until literally this morning. I've become increasingly worse academically due to my inability to pay attention, or even understand what somebody was saying to me if they continuously spoke for more than thirty seconds, even if I was trying my hardest to pay attention!

I'm sorry I annoyed you. It was very distressing for me too when my grades began to drop. Though I can promise you it was was entirely unintentional. dry.gif

Pet peeves from around the internet:

People who have had one, or just a few experiences with something, and then base their whole world view on that to the point of disregarding proven facts, annoy me to no end.

It seems like, in almost every political topic, you'll find it:

- Science has proven that X-thing is green 90% of the time.

- Idiot comes in saying "No way! It was orange when it happened to me!!!eleventy!1!!"

Great... Just because you are a special snowflake in the 10% category, does not mean the 90% do not exist.

People who think that saying "Just my opinion" exonerates them from any offensiveness.

It does not.

Mostly, people don't even know the difference between stating opinions and making factual statements. My favourite example:

- Stating opinion: I like apples better than pears.

- Factual statement (can be wrong): Apples are better than pears.

So, if someone states "men are smarter than women/whites are better behaved than blacks/homosexuals are bad/ whatever bigoted thing, just my opinion" they are making bigoted, factually wrong, and very offensive statements regardless of how much they tack "Just my opinion" at the end.

People who seem to think that just because a thing is written on the internet, it must be true.

It is not.

Don't get "facts" off some blog or politically affiliated page, unless those places site reliable sources. I could start a blog just now, and start writing about how Obama is really an Alien from Mars. Doesn't make it true.

Why don't schools teach pupil to be critical of source materials?

I have ADHD, untreated until literally this morning. I've become increasingly worse academically due to my inability to pay attention, or even understand what somebody was saying to me if they continuously spoke for more than thirty seconds, even if I was trying my hardest to pay attention!

I'm sorry I annoyed you. It was very distressing for me too when my grades began to drop. Though I can promise you it was was entirely unintentional. dry.gif

Sorry, I should have clarified- people who are slow and don't pay attention without good reason. If you have ADHD, I totally understand, but if people are being lazy, then that's not something I have much compassion for.

Lately, I got another one:

Annoying, bratty and/or bigoted and disgusting people in fandoms who give all of us sensible folk a bad name- like the fact that all bronies are seen as paedophiles, basement-dwellers and cloppers because of a noisy minority. I'm a brony and none of that, but do people care? Mostly, no. I've hesitating to get into Homestuck not only because of it's utter vastness because of the small but utterly vile group of Homestucks I've met over the 'net, ones who seem to be taking the name 'troll' to heart and then some. You know the type. >~>