Saif

Pet Peeves

Hiya! Me=New!

What annoys me the Most is real life Mary Sues. Like this one girl in my accelerated reading class I am not going to name. She is everything I'm not.(okay, actually I am, her name is Sadie). Reasons:

1; she is the smartest in the grade in almost every single subject

2; she is amazingly gifted at music, singing, art, and everything else

3; she is quirky, but in a cute way, and totally has a strong personality

4; she is super random, but It makes people like her more

5; practically every guy, even in other grades, has a crush on her

6; she is so nice that its actually annoying

7; her family is like, rich

8; she has such an awesome sense of fashion

9; she is one of the most popular girls in the school, all grades included

10; she is beautiful

11; she is a vegetarian(this annoys me because I tried to be one and I failed)

12; she is a total teachers pet

13; she doesn't seem to have a single flaw

Everyone has problems. The jealousy reflects on you, not her.

When someone's driving ten miles below the speed limit on a single carriageway road. You wait for a safe place to overtake, do so, drive at the speed limit. Then they speed up, overtake you and slow back down. The passenger turns around to look through the back windscreen and givens you the finger while laughing.

Gah. Annoyed.

I have a few others as well. One is similar; when people tell you "Oh, stop feeling so sorry for yourself. There are people who have it far worse than you."

When I'm hurting, frankly, I don't care in the least about other people's problems, so telling me mine don't matter in light of others' is a huge no-no around me.

^This!

I get it. Some people are worse off than me. That doesn't mean I have to be happy all the time. Frankly, when I'm hurt I need someone to at least try to understand and tell me it's okay. Telling me that I'm just selfish for being upset and my problems don't matter doesn't help anything.

And when people don't seem to understand that I'm stressed. There are times where my family just doesn't seem to see the signs, and then they keep pushing and pushing and pushing until I either start snapping at people or just break down crying. I just can't help but thing "Really? You've known me since I was born. By now, can't you understand that there's a time to just let things go?" Most recently, it was supposed to snow when I had an event planned and my mom and my aunt kept hounding me to reschedule. But, I really couldn't at the time because I needed to talk to the other people involved and the church where the event was supposed to take place. And I said I needed to talk it over with other people first, but they kept pushing the issue. Then they acted surprised and confused when I finally started snapping and barking at them when they asked again. Eventually I did manage to reschedule, but it was just a thousand times more stressful than it needed to be.

There really is a time where the best thing to do is just drop it and let me have some time to think and figure things out, or in some cases just time to be alone.

^This!

I get it. Some people are worse off than me. That doesn't mean I have to be happy all the time. Frankly, when I'm hurt I need someone to at least try to understand and tell me it's okay. Telling me that I'm just selfish for being upset and my problems don't matter doesn't help anything.

And when people don't seem to understand that I'm stressed. There are times where my family just doesn't seem to see the signs, and then they keep pushing and pushing and pushing until I either start snapping at people or just break down crying. I just can't help but thing "Really? You've known me since I was born. By now, can't you understand that there's a time to just let things go?" Most recently, it was supposed to snow when I had an event planned and my mom and my aunt kept hounding me to reschedule. But, I really couldn't at the time because I needed to talk to the other people involved and the church where the event was supposed to take place. And I said I needed to talk it over with other people first, but they kept pushing the issue. Then they acted surprised and confused when I finally started snapping and barking at them when they asked again. Eventually I did manage to reschedule, but it was just a thousand times more stressful than it needed to be.

There really is a time where the best thing to do is just drop it and let me have some time to think and figure things out, or in some cases just time to be alone.

Maybe the people saying this aren't presenting it in the right way. I like to remind people (myself included) that their problems could be worse, but when I do it, I acknowledge their issue(s), let them get it off their chest, then remind them that "yeah, your issue sucks, absolutely, but it could always be worse". unsure.gif

My pet peeves:

- People who jaywalk, especially when the pedestrian crossing is just a few feet away.

- People who litter.

When people use the wrong there, their, or they're. It make me so mad. Why can't they just get it in their heads?

People who automatically assume that I'm technology savvy because I "look" younger than I am. I don't even use a cell phone because I hear they cause brain tumors. HAHA! It took me two days to figure out how to just sign up for this forum... almost nonstop without sleeping or eating. I hate technology.

People who don't understand sports labeling it as a bunch of screaming and nonsense. Seriously, those people are the worst.

People smoking in crowded public places. Fine, go smoke at home with your buddies or something, not where there's a bunch of random people who don't want to be exposed to those nasty fumes.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Smoking is a biggie for me. I mean, can't you go destroy your own body at home?

And I hate when people use the word ain't . And incorrect commas everywhere, or just no commas at all. Another one is when people talk like they're sure of something , but they're just guessing or don't really know.

And obsessive Homestuck fans. I like it too, but I don't talk about it ALL THE TIME. Yeesh.

I hate those who use their fireworks BEFORE new years eve.

And my dog, barks when someone use them because he is scared of them(and he is a pup, so he have never seen them), and its not nice to see my dog's tail between its legs because some jerks use their fireworks.

And its illegal to use fireworks before new years eve.

Edited by DangerDragon

I hate it when people use "awe" or "awh" in the use of "aww". Awe means something completely different, and awh isn't even a word dry.gif

I also hate it when people are going 15 slower than the speed limit. And then when it drops down to the speed they're doing, they start to gain speed...?

Those who don't use blinkers.

Extremely religious people who think you can't be happy until you find God.

Dogs who bark CONSTANTLY when their owners are away, and the owners get all angry when the neighbors complain about it.

Those who use WAY too many emotes, especially if they're talking about something serious. It's very hard to take them seriously.

Those who use chatspeak. That's pretty obvious.

These next few concern deviantART. Stubborn art thieves who force you to report them after not removing a certain piece of art. Then there are those who have the gall to say "I drew it myself!" On dA, I'm part of a fandom that I'm particularly well known in, so people are often looking in my gallery for something to steal.

I hate it when people leave comments on art that is completely irrelevant to the piece itself. When I post art, comments on that piece are specifically reserved for anything concerning that piece only. If people want to ask me or tell me something, they should send me a PM or ask on my profile.

Favebombers. Those who aren't familiar with dA, people can "favorite" a piece and the artist will get a message about it. Now, I have over 1000 drawings in my gallery (or so my stats say, I think it's off by a hundred or so) and every once in a while, I get a person who adds a bunch of my drawings to their favorites in a mass favoriting spree, so I'll end up with like a hundred messages in just 5 minutes. It's a hassle to delete them all, especially when you happen to be online while this happens. It also tells you how much time has passed since the favorite took place, and when I see messages that are literally seconds apart, I can tell the person isn't really looking at my art.

One-word commentors. When I post something, I want to know why people like it. Just saying "cool" just irks me. I'm not constantly demanding comments because I get enough, and they're usually about what they like about it.

This next one ties in with the previous one. Every so often I ask them to please not post one-word comments. 90% of the time, their reply is "Oh sorry, look at my art plz!" yeah no, it doesn't work that way. Don't be a kiss-up so I can view your stuff. I will choose to do it on my own, thank you very much. Sometimes they just outright advertise themselves in the most inappropriate places too. It just shows they're a bit desperate for attention :\

Also, copycats. Like I said, I am well known in a fandom. Other people in this fandom look up to me, but sometimes they take it a step too far and borderline copy everything I do, and sometimes trace or use my stuff as references even though I've made a point not to do that, because I didn't have to copy anyone to get where I'm at today. I've seen plenty of rip-offs of my fan characters. It's frustrating to say the least >_<

And those who act like their opinion is law. Especially in fandoms.

That is all that comes to mind right now.

Edited by Black Blaze

I tend to remember most of my pet peeves while I'm driving. Like these gems:
  • no turn signal
  • pulling out in front of me and not speeding up, causing me to have to slow down
  • no headlights (or any lights for that matter) while driving in the rain (it's a law in NC that if your wipers are going you must have your lights on)
  • tailgating

ALL OF THESE. Plus:

-Pulling out all the way in the left turn lane while I'm in the right one, so I can't see until they turn (which always takes forever.)

-Flashing their brights at me when I don't have mine on

And a work peeve... leaving random objects in the magazine racks. I'm actually not allowed to put them back while I'm working, and since I don't actually work for the store I don't know where most of that stuff goes anyway. I always have to leave them on top of the racks and I feel bad every time I do.

My biggest pet peeve is when someone is chewing their gum really loudly when I'm trying to do work. dry.gif

Edited by shopgirl998

i know i have quite a few of pet peeves but the one i can always think of off the top of my head is gossip. Just why? why do people like...? huh.gif

PEOPLE SMACKING GUM!! Now I know why gum isn't allowed in school.....

Also, people who think they're "Miss Know-it-all". No one knows everything!!! mad.gif

Edited by qweee

Opponents in table tennis who doesn't know the rules, people who are know-it-all in excess ( wink.gif because Hermione is alright), people who always get what they wanted at the expense of another (especially when at MY expense)

When people shout at you when you understand what they're saying but not their intent. I mean they think I can't understand them; I can. It's just that they didn't explain their intent. dry.gif