Saif

Pet Peeves

The cost of freaking living.

I just wrote a check for 10 grand for a new heating/ac unit because our Trane finally wrecked. I almost keeled over. I can't complain, the Trane lasted 25 years, and this new unit will last that long, too, but still...

That doesn't even cover the new insulation that we have to get for the house, or the cost of replacing 2 rooms with 30 year old carpets. Yay. And did I mention the new paint we need for those rooms? mad.gif

Thank God we don't have house payments, car payments, any debt and that our roof is only 8 years old.

Edited by MedievalMystic

When people ask about something that is very obvious- no, I don't simply mean asking the obvious; something entirely pointless on top of that.

When people runs and bumps into me, making me spill out books I'm carrying or something else, and do not apologise for it. ohmy.gif Rude!

My continuing inability to witness any cool astronomical events. dry.gif (sometimes I hate living in the Pacific Northwest)

Also, not getting carded at the liquor store. I get on line and have my license out and ready to show to prove I'm 21. Then no one bothers to ask, and I'm left thinking "I'm only 21. Do I REALLY look so old that no one bothers to ask for an ID?" And then I get cranky and upset because it makes me feel even more incredibly unattractive than I usually do.

^This. Especially when I KNOW that people often take me as a teen when I am in my twenties.

On another note, people who won't drive the speed limit, particularly when said speed limit is 30. I know the road is a little rough, but that is no cause to be driving 15 miles per hour. When you are going slow enough that I don't have to brake for the 90 degree turn in the road, you are going too slow.

My number one pet peeve is when people rub styrofoam against ANYTHING, carboard against more cardboard, or markers against paper, it's worse than nails on a chalkboard to me...

Another one is when I'm RPing (that's roleplaying for those not in the know) I'm a writer, I go all out, details, descriptions, you get like 3 paragraphs as an intro.... and all I get back is one or two sentences at a 2nd grade level. If you wanna write an epic fantasy with me, cool, but it'd help if they, y'know, WROTE something ^^; Not just "he took that (thing I just described) and did this with it.

Aside from that I'm pretty nice ^^

When I'm driving and people are on their cell phones. Get off your stupid cellphones people! You're not only endangering yourselves, but everyone else around you!

Also people who fly down the gravel driveway making potholes that are nearly impossible for my little car to pass through when they're driving great big freaking trucks

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Hmm I'd have to say when people go 10 or more below the posted speed limit when the signs are easy to see, change lanes without turn signals, and when someone opens the door to come into the room you are currently in then leaves without re-closing it...

"Because I said so" and "Look it up." Dang it, I asked a question, I want an actual answer! dry.gif

Anything with lots of small holes/dots on it, grosses me out so much in ways I cannot understand, specifically images of lotus seeds...

Anything with lots of small holes/dots on it, grosses me out so much in ways I cannot understand, specifically images of lotus seeds...

Trypophobia! I'm like this too, it's horrible. I can't stand having visible pores on my face either, I hate it so so so much.

Please do not rant about 'drama' from another topic here. You can do that offsite or in private. Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

"Because I said so" and "Look it up." Dang it, I asked a question, I want an actual answer! dry.gif

I sometimes have the same problem with "Google it."

I hate messy rooms. I can't stand having clothes strewn everywhere, dirty dishes and trash and empty bottles floating around....

I also don't like it when I don't rinse my hair well enough and the conditioner ends up making it stiff. dry.gif

~Off-topic spam removed; GD is for non-cave talk~ Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

When cat owners tell dog owners to pick up their poos and the cat owners don't collect their cat's poo. Cat poo smells worse than dog poo.

When people allow their cats to come other people yards.

Obsessed fans.

Well, to be more specific, Forceful obsessed fans. You know, the ones who go crazy over their fandom, say Justin Beiber fans for a good example (Not all of them are like this, but the ones I've run into have acted this way). They ask you if you like him or what your favorite song from him is? They automatically think you love him too, but when you state that you hate him they go totally spaztic and make you feel you've done something wrong.

"OMG how can you hate Beiber?! He's liek freaking epic! I'm so gonna marry him! You're liek so retarded for not loving him! What's wrong with you?"

The real question is, what's wrong with you? The kid's gotten in so much trouble. He doesn't care about his fans. How many concerts did he cancel last year? One he kept his fans waiting for three hours before he showed up in a gas mask no less? He threw a tantrum at a photo shoot because he didn't want to wear a hat? He showed up to his girl friend's front gates and howled like a wounded cat? And let's not forget his new charges for assault on that limo driver or the drug possession. Oh yes, he's a perfect romodel for all of the little girls who adore him so much. dry.gif

Now, I'm not saying I don't obsess over a few things, I'm human, it happens. But, I don't jump down someone's throat when they say they don't like it.

Cat litter on my bare feet. dry.gif I sweep about a dozen times a day.

People who make stupid mistakes then have an attitude and are mean when you ask politely for them to correct it.

People who can't just ignore an opinion and instead try to make it seem like you should die for having a contrasting view on a subject.

When people come to a [insert a certain creature here] only forum and center the Role-Play around humans or other creatures >.> (I swear, people are so obsessed with their own species…)

(Woo! 8,888th post!)

Edited by ViperSwan

* Open mouth eaters.

* Loud chip or nut crunchers.

* Breathing on me while I am trying to sleep

* breathing on myself while trying to sleep

* people blowing to cool soup across from me and therefore blowing on me.

* loud music

* stupid people

* dripping water

* squeaky bicycle chains or other parts

* people who stab their food with forks - hard to explain but there is a way of holding forks and some people hold it in their fists, with the prongs below their pinky. This makes me want to beat them with the plate.

* rocking on chairs that are not designed for rocking

* Touching my hands without my express permission

* Standing behind my back

* Standing near me

* Capslock abusers

* Text-typing (that short forms where you use numbers or omit letters for words) when a full keyboard is at one's disposal. I refuse to respond to PM's or Messages with this lazy form of typing. Want me to take the time to respond, take the time to type it. Typos are okay though.

* asking people to look up a spelling in a dictionary. works to a degree unless you go looking up celery under S and thinking it's spelled Selery

yeah I got a few.

Edited by Starscream

When I can hear someone breathing

When someone I barely know is intruding my personal space

Whispering!!!!

Singing quietly, but loud enough for someone close to you to hear.

Typical and dramatic (not in humorous ways) girls

Stupid, loud, and sexist boys

When people swear every time they open their mouth. Few times are okay.

When a person ignores someone in RP, unless it was an accident.

Soap operas

People who gets really easily offended by things, especially on internet.

There's MUCH more but I guess I'll end it here biggrin.gif