Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What's the price of a 2nd gen silver or gold tinsel aside from the impossibles like ND and cb golds?

None of the new CB Gold tinsels have been discovered. Of the 5 owners, two do not accept any trade offers (one of the two bites), one is fully booked (and inactive), the other two do not reply to PMs.

Of the 10 original silver tinsels, one owner does not accept trades and bites, I recall the other 9 were either fully booked or did not reply to PMs. I got onto two lists: one person said I didn't need to give them anything until I was closer to getting my egg, another person offered to breed a 2nd gen tinsel for free.

I got my 2nd gen Gold tinsel in return for 4x CB Shadow Walkers, and ninja'ing the owners list. Of all the new CB silver tinsels, I've no idea who owns the silvers/golds. Hope that answers your question. (if a person's list is full, pretty sure they won't accept further offers even if they are CB Golds/CB NDs/CB silvers).

Edited by DarkEternity

What's the price of a 2nd gen silver or gold tinsel aside from the impossibles like ND and cb golds?

Honestly, I think that it varies from one CB Tin owner to the next based on what they currently need. I generally gather up as much as can and then throw it out there and see what sticks. Sometimes I've offered what I thought were great offers (like 5 CB Silvers, 9 or 10 CB Blacks, and a Stripe) and it went nowhere, and other times I've offered less and had more success.

What I've found seems to most often be a major stumbling block isn't necessarily the offer, but rather that the owner's often have lists with a certain amount of spaces and they fill up quite fast. I can in no way swear to this, but I have a feeling that a lot of deals may be getting worked out on the DC IRC channels, and so it might be worth hanging out there for a while to see a. if the owners are discussing trades there, and b. what others are generally offering.

As an alternative to tons of metals or NDs, you might try to catch an opening on TJ's Thuwed list. Those are free, you don't have to catch them, and in combination with other offerings I think it would be a good way to increase the value of your offer.

What I've found seems to most often be a major stumbling block isn't necessarily the offer, but rather that the owner's often have lists with a certain amount of spaces and they fill up quite fast.

This.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NIbn2

I'm curious if this holds any value as a false 4th gen and if it's offspring would hold any decent value in a trade to make it worth raising.

there anyway to track down the line this came from?

You can ask the owner of the dead tin (found by clicking on its mate !)

I have a fake 4th gen gold tin I LOVE and have never managed to find out, though sad.gif I do breed it - but I am obsessive and would prefer NOT to breed to one from the same CB, even though it won't show up....

imo, fake gen tinsels are worth very little. i wouldn't ask anything more than an easy to catch CB common for it tbh.

Any idea what I can get for a CB black? I can't believe I just caught one...

CB Blacks are equal to CB Nebula, CB GW, and CB Vine. or a medium gen Tinsel/Metal imo.

if your intereted, i've got a CB Vine on CD that i'd love to swap you for it cool.gif

Bah sorry if I can't get a gold for it I'll probably just keep it.

Actually if you would accept one from this guy, or this one I will give it a shot in a few hours....

CB Blacks are equal to CB Nebula, CB GW, and CB Vine. or a medium gen Tinsel/Metal imo.

IMO, CB Black = CB stripe in value only.

CB Nebula: pretty, but a recent-ish release (at least for me, I picked up quite a large number of CBs when they were released)

CB Vine: Less valuable because their sprites are less useful for breeding projects, even if they are of fairly similar rarities.

CB GW: Very recent release. They are much more common than CB Blacks, and lots of members have them. I expect their value to fluctuate.

Medium gen tinsel: If the tinsel gen is >3rd gen, don't even consider it. 3rd gen tinsel is worth more than a CB Black, a 4th gen tinsel is worth far less than a CB black. Therefore, they're not equal.

Medium gen metals: Personally would not trade a CB black for anything less than a 2nd gen metal. Metals are breeding well at the moment, even thought the metal drought is starting up again.

IMO, CB Black = CB stripe in value only.

CB Nebula: pretty, but a recent-ish release (at least for me, I picked up quite a large number of CBs when they were released)

CB Vine: Less valuable because their sprites are less useful for breeding projects, even if they are of fairly similar rarities.

CB GW: Very recent release. They are much more common than CB Blacks, and lots of members have them. I expect their value to fluctuate.

Medium gen tinsel: If the tinsel gen is >3rd gen, don't even consider it. 3rd gen tinsel is worth more than a CB Black, a 4th gen tinsel is worth far less than a CB black. Therefore, they're not equal.

Medium gen metals: Personally would not trade a CB black for anything less than a 2nd gen metal. Metals are breeding well at the moment, even thought the metal drought is starting up again.

I agree that CB Black = CB Stripe only. I definitely wouldn't trade a CB Black/Stripe for a CB Nebula. The Desert is always farmed heavily and Nebulae are (at least to my experience) a lot easier to catch. I think a CB GW might come close in rarity right now, but only because they're new releases and the Alpine hasn't been hit as hard with the Seasonals changing from Winter to Spring.

Only because they're shiny, CB GW will likely catch up and overtake CB Black in value maybe in half a year to a year. Not right now though, I'd be extremely reluctant forking over an established rare (CB Black) for CB GWs which I have lots of (in comparison to my number of CB blacks).

Edited by DarkEternity

IMO i wouldn't be trading a CB stripe for a CB black. to me, the Stripes are much harder to catch. GWs & Nebulas are abotu even for catching for me, though Nebulas seem to be harder to catch recently (it seems liek less of them are dropping) so i agree that they are slightly less valuable than a CB black.

given that i perosnally like Nebula's over the blacks, and i'd happily trade blacks for Nebulas 1:1. but thats only cause i use Nebula's in breeding projects and am fond of the sprites. (same goes for GW's)

i agree with Chan though. because their Shiny, i really expect the value for the GW's to only go up and for the hard caching to be the norm with them. give it a few years and they'll be about as bad as Silvers and Golds imo.

*knocks on wood at the mention of a Metal drought* do not want!!!

I did get a 3rd generation gold for that CB black, with a dead dragon in lineage though (but I don't care about lineages except about inbreeding).

Another question... what can you get for a CB nebula non alt hatchie? Just in case mine doesn't grow as an alt...

I did get a 3rd generation gold for that CB black, with a dead dragon in lineage though (but I don't care about lineages except about inbreeding).

Another question... what can you get for a CB nebula non alt hatchie? Just in case mine doesn't grow as an alt...

PM me. We can talk. DO WANT ! (MY golds, though uneven lineaged, have no deads in their little pasts !)

Edited by fuzzbucket

There's no difference in value between an alt and non alt nebula. Any perceived value difference is probably due to people prefering different colours.

I want to trade a 2nd gen silver for 12 CB pillow hatchlings. Is this fair, or should I make it higher?

Also, how much would be a gold (same gen), in term of hatchling count?

Edited by soullesshuman

I see that a lot of people here have different opinions on CB Stripe value. tongue.gif I just recently ccaught one from the Forest (Saw the brightly colored description, realized I WASN'T in the desert, clicked it and gots! <3) and was wondering if its rare enough to trade for two CB Tan ridgewings. I desperately need males. >_<

I want to trade a 2nd gen silver for 12 CB pillow hatchlings. Is this fair, or should I make it higher?

Well, to be honest, I'd never trade 12 pillow hatchling for a 2nd gen. silver.

But, you might want to ask people to off pillow hatchlings and the highest bidder wins?

About the CB Stripe versus CB Tan Ridgewing. I value the CB Stripe as a little more rarer/harder to get than the CB Tan. But I value two tan ridgewings more than a CB Stripe.

yeah, while i coudl see a 1:1 trade on the Tan - Stripe. 2:1 is a bit high imo.

now i could see 2 semi-commons for a stripe, like sunsongs or Glories or even 3 moonstones or 2 regulare ridgewings, but the tans are 1:1 imo

whats a decent asking price for the following

- 2G Geode from 2 Stones or 2 Peebles

- 2G Red Dorsal from 2 Red Dorsal

- 2G Tan Ridgewing from 1 Tan Ridgewings

The main thing really is that nobody has 12 CB pillow. Even if you accept IOU, I don't know if people want to scroll lock themselves 10-12 times for 3 days just for a 2nd gen silver.

I think 3/4 is fair, but that's it.

I'd probably give ~6? If you allowed IOUs. Most people would request a variety, or less hatchlings. It's pretty hard to consistently get and raise eggs of the same type.

Out of curiosity, how many CB regular Metallics and/or CB Trios could you get for a CB Neglected?

Also, how many CB Trios are worth a CB Metallic? I wold have said about 3, but thats just me.

Edited by Sinister-by-Nature