Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What would a sibling to this dragon be worth? And would there be a difference if it was a red egg/hatchling instead of a pink?

What would a sibling to this dragon be worth? And would there be a difference if it was a red egg/hatchling instead of a pink?

I think Red hatchies in general are worth more than Pink hatchies, but sometimes you'll find someone desperate for a Pink of a certain gender for influencing purposes. However, most people who wanted hatchie BSAs don't really care about lineages.

Second gen from an old pink would have trade value to some of the lineage makers.

If I'm not mistaken there are a few people that have something in their signatures about wanting certain eggs from old pinks.

Not having any CB old pinks of my own I tend to skim over the trade offers too, but I know they're there.

I'm trying to get my hands on a male CB Silver so I can get my first Silver breeding pair - would offering a 2nd gen PB Gold for one be reasonable, or would I need to offer more?

I ask because from what I seem to gather, a 2nd gen PB Gold appears to be worth more than a Gold from a different mate. But whether it's still worth enough for a CB Silver I don't know. huh.gif Advice please?

Any advice on what this Golden Wyvern might be worth in a trade, please? smile.gif

Gold Wyverns are in high demand when CB, but bred ones are not worth ver much.

For yours I'd offer maybe a cb common hatchie

I'm trying to get my hands on a male CB Silver so I can get my first Silver breeding pair - would offering a 2nd gen PB Gold for one be reasonable, or would I need to offer more?

I ask because from what I seem to gather, a 2nd gen PB Gold appears to be worth more than a Gold from a different mate. But whether it's still worth enough for a CB Silver I don't know.  Advice please?

I think it really depends on people: if you find someone who already has a pair of CB silvers but no nice lineage golds I think it would be a fair trade.

On the contrary someone with maybe a couple of cb golds would ask you to add a cb trio or black to your offer

On my way, I often ask myself what a person with no CB metals (and so no chance of breeding 2nd gens) could offer to have a little chance to get at least a 2nd gen metal

Edited by Iside

So I have a 2 gen Alt black

Would asking for a 2-3 gen metal, or CB Trio be asking too much for it? What would it be worth?

l Ok thanks smile.gif

V

Edited by ridshadowfox

So I have a 2 gen Alt black http://dragcave.net/lineage/PN255

Would asking for a 2-3 gen metal, or CB Trio be asking too much for it? What would it be worth?

me personally have asked for 4 2nd gen blacks/stripes for a 3rd gen gold

alts seem to be the common thing right now but someone might give a rare for it

but I've not yet seen anyone giving such a low gen metal for one, a trio is more likely to be offered

Edited by Merenwen

I think CB Trio would be worth a try for the black, but not a low gen metal. Alt blacks are pretty common now.

So I have a 2 gen Alt black

l Ok thanks smile.gif

V

Lately alt blacks are almost as common as regular ones, and blacks are breeding quite well too.

I think for a 2nd gen alt you could get maybe a 2nd gen pb trio, or try for a cb stripe.

But no cb trio and no metals unless you want a longer messy lineage

Gold Wyverns are in high demand when CB, but bred ones are not worth ver much.

For yours I'd offer maybe a cb common hatchie

Thanks for the advice! smile.gif Its worth more to me on my scroll then, I hadn't realised that! smile.gif

Would an ND be worth a CB gold?

While I would LOVE an ND - CB golds are so hard to find, and NDs CAN be got even by me eventually (I hope...) - I'd say not....

While I would LOVE an ND - CB golds are so hard to find, and NDs CAN be got even by me eventually (I hope...) - I'd say not....

So what exactly is a CB gold worth, if it's not even worth an ND? I see ND's going for low gen tinsels and hollies, so it's a bit questionable as to if CB gold is worth more than all of those.

Would an ND be worth a CB gold?

I've seen people ask for a CB gold lots of times for a ND

if they got it, I don't know but see this often

So what exactly is a CB gold worth, if it's not even worth an ND? I see ND's going for low gen tinsels and hollies, so it's a bit questionable as to if CB gold is worth more than all of those.

I would go ahead and ask a CB Gold for it. But unless you're really okay with keeping it, I wouldn't lock myself out of other offers. For instance, if you ask for CB metallic offers, and indicate that Gold gets preference, then you still encourage the Gold offers but have a backup in case you don't get any.

I think that a lot of it is just about finding the right trader at the right time. Certainly someone who has an easier time catching CB metals will have an easier time parting with them. However, those people are also probably more likely to already have an ND. But the good thing is that people rarely have a CB Gold and CB Silver at the same time, so someone who has a Gold and wants the ND will have to offer that, even if they, theoretically, could get it for a Silver. I've traded CB Golds for things, for that reason, a few times.

Part of what I think is happening, though, is that more and more NDs are showing up every day (I saw 5 last night and that was just in 2 hatcheries). And while they're still very, very rare, the increase in visibilty has, IMO, increased the belief among many players that a. NDs will be even more available in the future, and b. that with enough time and experimenting, they'll certainly be able to make their own. That kind of thinking can shift things towards a buyer's market.

personally i think for a CB Metal you should be offering 2 CB ND's, just because anyone can theoretically get a ND if they have the patience and time, but even the faster clicker has a hard time getting a CB Metal.

imo, a CB ND is worth a very low gen Metal (4+) or a couple CB BSAs (Pinks/Reds) or a couple CB Trios

only thing a CB Metal is equal to is either another CB Metal, a 2G Tinsel from rarish line, 2 or 3 CB NDs or any Holly IOU. but then, i tend to value CB Metals 2nd on my list value wise, with Hollies being #1

personally i think for a CB Metal you should be offering 2 CB ND's, just because anyone can theoretically get a ND if they have the patience and time, but even the faster clicker has a hard time getting a CB Metal.

imo, a CB ND is worth a very low gen Metal (4+) or a couple CB BSAs (Pinks/Reds) or a couple CB Trios

only thing a CB Metal is equal to is either another CB Metal, a 2G Tinsel from rarish line, 2 or 3 CB NDs or any Holly IOU. but then, i tend to value CB Metals 2nd on my list value wise, with Hollies being #1

I'm sure there may be cases of it, but I don't think that 1 CB metal is going to get most players a 2nd gen Tinsel. I see people in the trade thread offering a CB Silver or CB Gold for one and it doesn't seem to be taken up much. In fact, I made an offer a while ago of 5 CB Silvers (amongst other things) and I didn't even get a nibble.

So, and this is just my opinion of the current market, I think that a 2nd gen Tinsel is more valuable than CB metals.

As for NDs, I got a CB Silver for one a few weeks ago almost immediately upon offering it.

Dinos... are they even worth anything? I caught one the other day hoping for a trade, and just ended up abandoning it the next day because I got 0 offers on it, and I wasn't even asking for CB... just non messy/inbred lineages of dark myst pygmy, tan ridgewing etc...

i've had good luck trading Dinos for uncommon eggs. Reds and Blues seem to be the hardest to get rid of imo especially on the Dragon Market over at EatW.

i've gotten anything from a CB BSA Red to a handful of commong hatchies for a Dino Egg.

the trick is posting a trade link with the ad, instead of just a contact name. i've found i get more bites on trades when i post a trade link and next to nill when i post contact info.

for instance, this week i listed a red dino egg and got a CB pink for it.

Edited by Red2111

A CB gold is worth an ND (I would stick with a nice lineage ND not a messy line) if the person with the gold really really wants an ND and has neither the skill nor time to make their own. Some people place lesser value for NDs because they feel they can eventually get one sometime down the road through other trades or eventually by making their own.

A CB gold egg is always worth a CB gold hatchling if the person with the hatchling needs a specific gender and doesn't know what gender the hatchling will ultimately be because they were not able to influence it before it hatched. Of course this implies that the person with the egg doesn't care what gender they ultimately end up with.

CB golds are worth 2nd tinsels for many people who don't have them yet. At this point in time, the old line tinsels have been around long enough that the trade value would be fair at 1:1. A new line tinsel might require a bit of extras added on with the gold.

As far as hollies go... a CB gold would in my opinion be worth a 2nd gen holly especially if you were able to pick the mate of your choice or a really nice 3rd gen lineage. CB golds are not worth a high gen or messy lineage holly though. It is too easy to come up with decent/fair trades for those hollies.