Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Dinos... are they even worth anything? I caught one the other day hoping for a trade, and just ended up abandoning it the next day because I got 0 offers on it, and I wasn't even asking for CB... just non messy/inbred lineages of dark myst pygmy, tan ridgewing etc...

They're hit or miss. All trades can end up getting ignored if you post them at the wrong time; even my 'give me a caveblocker hatchling for an uncommon (usually hatchling)' posts tend to get cold-shouldered occasionally. Don't give up! I'd recommend reposting at least once (a day later) before getting discouraged. I can usually get a CB pink for an unbreedable (that goodness! or I'd have no chance at the lovies, I seem to never come across any myself). If all else fails, raise it until it's a hatchling and offer again; that raises the value because it doesn't take up a slot. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

From what I've noticed cb silvers aren't 1:1 with NDs in most trade posts. So what are they 1:1 with or what multiples would people want for a cb silver?

From what I've noticed cb silvers aren't 1:1 with NDs in most trade posts. So what are they 1:1 with or what multiples would people want for a cb silver?

CB silvers are a bit weird on their value. It really depends on the person who has the silver.

For the old timers who were around during the "great rare glitch" where the cave was spitting them out like candy and people were breeding them by the bucket loads - you couldn't give them away...so their value was essentially worthless. Even after the glitch has long been corrected ratio wise, people still hold on to that sense of "no value" in comparison to the golds even though silvers are only "just slightly" more common than golds.

Overall, I get the sense that most people probably see CB silvers as being worth 1/3-1/2 of what a CB gold is worth. I would gladly trade a CB gold for 2 CB Silvers for example (but then I have quite a few silver projects I want to work on - just not enough CB silvers to meet my needs yet). I have enough CB golds to make my own 2nd gens as needed so I personally would not give up a CB silver for a 2nd gen gold (or 2), however some folks would make such a trade if their access to golds is limited and they happen to be good at catching CB silvers.

You won't EVER be able to get a 2nd gen tinsel for a CB metal, unless you ninja trade. The winners are always booked in advance, and many of the winners are keeping to themselves this year. People just keep trying to offer CB metals, and I assume that since so many of them are bumping, rebumping, bumping again that they're not successful.

What do you think a 5th gen statstep gold tinsel hatchie is worth nowadays?

Edited by Iside

You won't EVER be able to get a 2nd gen tinsel for a CB metal, unless you ninja trade. The winners are always booked in advance, and many of the winners are keeping to themselves this year. People just keep trying to offer CB metals, and I assume that since so many of them are bumping, rebumping, bumping again that they're not successful.

there is no way to ninja a trade... teleport is 100% guaranteed.

And you also don't know for certain that the prize owners aren't accepting CB metals. They have no reason right now to post on the forum asking what they want when they can simply respond privately to generous trade ads others have posted hoping to work out deals. And not everyone is "greedy" so to speak.

i see i was wrong abotu how i value 2nd gen Tinsels; i guess i was going on how hard it is to trade for one versus how hard it is to catch a CB metal from the cave. for me, its easier to trade than to catch in this case, i think in the year i've been playing i've only ever seen a Metal once in the cave and that was for the blink of an eye laugh.gif

i disagree about a CB metal not being worth a high gen or messy lineaged Holly though. i agree it's not worth an inbred Holly, espeicaly with a lineage a mile long, but to me, a nice Holly (8 gens or lower) is more than worth a CB Metal or a few neglecteds.

but again, Holly's are top of the list value wise for me

What do you think a 5th gen statstep gold tinsel hatchie is worth nowadays?

if you link the lineage, then someone will be abel to answer you. with the fake CB/low gen tinsels going around right the value has been lowered depending on who the starting tinsel is in your line and what it's paired with.

i disagree about a CB metal not being worth a high gen or messy lineaged Holly though.  i agree it's not worth an inbred Holly, espeicaly with a lineage a mile long, but to me, a nice Holly (8 gens or lower) is more than worth a CB Metal or a few neglecteds.

but again, Holly's are top of the list value wise for me

To give some perspective...

This past christmas I traded for 2 hollies.

I got a striking 4th gen spiral holly (2-breed pure holly x skywing) and all it took was catching (7) CB shadow walkers when they started dropping in the cave on halloween... took me all of 15-20 minutes to do that. biggrin.gif

I got a 6th gen holly (just slightly messy but still a nice 2-breed pure holly x skywing) that I then gave to my BF as a present. All it took was to provide a handful of 2nd gen Marrows (from marrow x ember parents) to someone who was working on a lineage project. Most of that I was able to get from AP hunting. Not much work overall. I did have to juggle with hatching the eggs for them and then transferring hatchlings, but again, no big deal. I had the leisure to spread it out over the halloween breeding season.

And I still had plenty of time to juggle catching and/or trading for tons of CB shadow walkers (22) and 2nd gen Marrows (12) for my own projects before the season was over so it wasn't like I was losing out in the slightest on my own greedy halloween fun. I did have to short myself on potential pumpkin hoarding, but pumpkins are rather limited for breeding projects so I happily sucked up that loss. I did feel that the loss was more than made up for it when I obtained a 3rd even-gen Thuwed pumpkin. biggrin.gif

Ninja trading. As in getting to the lists of the people, before they fill up. V. quickly.

I do think 7x CB Shadowwalkers are a lot for a 6th gen Holly. Two winners were offering 2nd gen tinsels in exchange for 4x CB SW

if you link the lineage, then someone will be abel to answer you. with the fake CB/low gen tinsels going around right the value has been lowered depending on who the starting tinsel is in your line and what it's paired with.

The lineage is this one, it is a real 5th gen from Living in Sin x terrae

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ssSCJ

What would this spiral lineage bronze tinsel egg be worth? I really want a CB or PB nebula, not sure if this might be a fair offer. Thanks!

Edited by dreller120

Ninja trading. As in getting to the lists of the people, before they fill up. V. quickly.

I do think 7x CB Shadowwalkers are a lot for a 6th gen Holly. Two winners were offering 2nd gen tinsels in exchange for 4x CB SW

For me the price was not high/a lot at all.. I felt it was pretty low.

The 2nd gen marrows were for the 6th gen holly. I like fishing in the AP for 2nd gens on Halloween (due to the no limits) so it was no extra effort to hunt for what they needed at the same time I was hunting for what I wanted. If a 2nd gen marrow didn't match what I was looking for or what the other person was looking for I threw it back to the AP. The only real effort on this trade really was holding on to their eggs to hatch them for the person - not much of an inconvenience mostly just juggling egg times and incubates and such to avoid being egg locked all the time. I had plenty of red dragons to make it happen.

The 7 shadow walkers were for the 4th gen spiral holly and like I said.. took me all of 15-20 minutes to catch them during the very first drop at midnight. I found shadow walkers to be extremely easy to get - basically no effort for a really nice low gen holly with a guaranteed easy to reproduce lineage which means a high trade value for the offspring next christmas. I ended the halloween season with 22 SWs for myself plus gathered up several for my nephew and BF as gifts.

The lineage is this one, it is a real 5th gen from Living in Sin x terrae

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ssSCJ

if you continue the lineage, i'd put the value of an influencable tinsel egg or a Male Tinsel hatchie at 2 common hatchies, 1 uncommon egg/hatchie, an unbreedable or low gen nice lineage vamp.

What would this spiral lineage bronze tinsel egg be worth? I really want a CB or PB nebula, not sure if this might be a fair offer. Thanks!

this line seems to be really common right now imo. you might have trouble or take longer with getting a CB Nebbie, but i don't see why you couldn't get a PB one for it easily.

i certaintly wouldn't accept anythign less than a PB2G Nebula, but thats just me

Edited by Red2111

Hmm what can you get for a CB purple? I reflex clicked on it thinking that they might be rarer now, like pinks, but it looks like not... would I be better off abandoning it in 5 hours?

I've seen a couple of trade requests for multiple purples, not much for singles though.

Not as sought after as pinks or reds, probably because the BSA for purple isn't nearly as useful.

It might be useful to add to a trade offer, but by itself it might fetch a common hatchling, maybe.

Hmm what can you get for a CB purple? I reflex clicked on it thinking that they might be rarer now, like pinks, but it looks like not... would I be better off abandoning it in 5 hours?

I myself would gladly trade a couple of nice lineage BSA eggs or a medium lineage trio for a cb purple, especially if it is lower time tongue.gif

Edited by Iside

Ok, I guess I'll open a trade for it just in case then... there's still some commons I'm after so it's worth a shot.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZKDJW

could this worth a CB silver?

I wouldn't offer a CB Silver for it. :/

Reasons:

- To an extent, the colours clash.

- 2nd gen golds Sweet Alt blacks are rare, but CB Silvers are rarer and are ultimately more useful in a lineage. Collectors might pay that much, though.

For me the price was not high/a lot at all

Hmm, you probably had more trading power than me. I had some difficulty getting the number of CB 'weens I had + I had a lot of difficulty juggling so I was scroll unlocked tongue.gif I also asked how many people on the IRC would be willing to trade 4x CB 'weens for a 2nd gen tinsel, and surprisingly lots of people told me they'd never do it because they are one of a kind and only obtainable at one time, this is assuming that a 2nd gen tinsel is worth a maximum of a 2nd gen Holly.

Edited by DarkEternity

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZKDJW

could this worth a CB silver?

I think the only people to whom it would be worth a CB silver are those who are working on alt sweetling projects and don't have that particular sweetling yet, someone maybe working on a gaia project, or someone simply wanting really nice 2nd gen golds and happen to be good at catching cb silvers.

I personally would love such a gold as that one because I like that color combo, but if I had a CB silver I probably would not trade for it because I haven't reached my goal of 4m/4f CB silvers yet so they are more important to me right now to keep than trade off.

Hmm, you probably had more trading power than me.  I had some difficulty getting the number of CB 'weens I had + I had a lot of difficulty juggling so I was scroll unlocked tongue.gif I also asked how many people on the IRC would be willing to trade 4x CB 'weens for a 2nd gen tinsel, and surprisingly lots of people told me they'd never do it because they are one of a kind and only obtainable at one time, this is assuming that a 2nd gen tinsel is worth a maximum of a 2nd gen Holly.

Honestly, trading power wasn't really that strong. Mostly I was just being careful to look at trade ads to see what kind of things people were offering up their SWs/2nd gen marrows for. If someone was offering SWs or specific 2nd gen marrows I needed I would then go to the trouble to breed what they needed if I wasn't able to AP hunt it. I saved up most of my marrow breedings for the end of the season when people tend to be a bit more desperate lol. The SWs for the most part I got rather easy.. people wanting specific 2nd/3rd gen pumpkins / 2nd gen marrows. I would say half of the SW's I got came from people for whom this was their first halloween and were not good at AP hunting so to them the marrows/pumpkins were more important than having a bunch of extra SWs. I also got a few SWs by offering mid-gen tinsels up front and some through limited tinsel breeding IOUs (4th/5th gen eggs). I pretty much had the tinsel IOUs completed before Thanksgiving (the tinsels were being very kindly to me). My actual goal was 10-12 SWs and ended up with 22 when all was said and done. I was actually more shocked that they all gendered perfectly (11 m / 11 f) since towards the end I was getting hatchlings that hadn't been influenced (wish my CB marrows could have been so accommodating when they first came out lol).

Edited by WraithZephyr

Hatchies are always popular - but other than that - not particularly, I'd say.

On the even gen trade thread you might get a different 3rd gen as a trade - but it isn't exactly SPECIAL smile.gif

/view/us4Eu[/url]

view/isIRF[/url]

what could these worth?

-egg spam removed-

Edited by rubyshoes