Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Out of curiosity, how many CB regular Metallics and/or CB Trios could you get for a CB Neglected?

Also, how many CB Trios are worth a CB Metallic? I wold have said about 3, but thats just me.

I would say 1 CB Silver = 1 CB Neglected; 1 CB Gold = up to 2 CB Neglected, I wouldn't offer multiple CB metallics on one Neglected.

As for the Trios: No matter how many CB Trios you offer, I doubt you would get a CB metallic for them because trios are comparatively easy to get.

But that's just my opinion.

Out of curiosity, how many CB regular Metallics and/or CB Trios could you get for a CB Neglected?

Also, how many CB Trios are worth a CB Metallic? I wold have said  about 3, but thats just me.

1x CB Neglected is a little under CB Silver, but I think that CB Gold is not worth two CB NDs, probably more around 1.75 ~ 1.5 CB NDs

and for those who are currently unaware, the metal drought is back in full force. I bred just under fourty metallics today, and produced no eggs.

Edited by DarkEternity

Also, how many CB Trios are worth a CB Metallic? I wold have said about 3, but thats just me.

I saw many times someone with a CB gold asking for a CB ND in return.

So I think gold-neglected are about 1:1, while a CB silver is worth a bit less of a CB Neglected

And I think 3 CB trios are not worth a CB metallic. This because it's very easy that if you have a CB metallic for trade (that means you probably already have at least two of the same kind) you have already a bounch of cb trios too.

I saw many times someone with a CB gold asking for a CB ND in return.

So I think gold-neglected are about 1:1, while a CB silver is worth a bit less of a CB Neglected

And I think 3 CB trios are not worth a CB metallic. This because it's very easy that if you have a CB metallic for trade (that means you probably already have at least two of the same kind) you have already a bounch of cb trios too.

just because people are asking for a CB gold for a CB ND doesn't mean they are getting that price met.

1x CB Neglected is a little under CB Silver, but I think that CB Gold is not worth two CB NDs, probably more around 1.75 ~ 1.5 CB NDs

and for those who are currently unaware, the metal drought is back in full force.  I bred just under fourty metallics today, and produced no eggs.

I completely agree with your ND value assessment.

I think that some of that is because an ND is a luxury and a CB metallic is an investment. One looks cool and is good for scroll completion, but the other generates DC currency. People who want armies of them will probably put in the time to learn to make them, and those who don't will usually get enough to meet their scroll goals and then don't throw any more metals at them.

As for the metal drought, that's interesting. I wonder if it's just a breeding thing, because I caught 2 Golds an a Silver in the last day or so, and I missed 3 or 4 others, and that was just in the one biome I was hanging out in. If anyone has further info from their experience I'd love to read it so that the thread can provide more accurate trade assessments.

Also, to people who've been asking about Stripe trades - I did a massive amount of hunting last week and, IMO, Stripes seem to be affected by the odd ratio shift that's hit the Harvests, Swallowtails, Magis, etc. I actually had to start purposefully ignoring them, at one point, because they were going to lock me (and it's really, really hard to pass over something your mind thinks of as rare xd.png).

I don't know if it's permanent, maybe it's just like the temporary bump up in Blacks a bit back, but if it looks like it might be temporary, then I'd suggest building your collection now, and if it looks like it's going to stick you should probably go get lots of them and trade them while the market still percieves them as rares.

and for those who are currently unaware, the metal drought is back in full force. I bred just under fourty metallics today, and produced no eggs.

actually it's not, I bred four golds and silvers combined and go a silver egg.

For me,

a complete set of trio, all CB would cost the same as a catcher for a tree.

CB pink, x2 for starter breeding pair is worth a fourth gen thuwed.

but what is a third gen pb red worth? (yes it's up for trade )

What would this tinsel be worth in terms of non-tinsel metallics or trio dragons? Would I be able to get a CB magma or ice egg? Thanks!

What would this tinsel be worth in terms of non-tinsel metallics or trio dragons? Would I be able to get a CB magma or ice egg? Thanks!

I don't think you'd be able to, as PENK tinsels deluged the trading threads in the early days.

Yes you would, from someone who doesn't already have a Penk Tinsel. Good luck! :3

actually it's not, I bred four golds and silvers combined and go a silver egg.

For me,

a complete set of trio, all CB would cost the same as a catcher for a tree.

CB pink, x2 for starter breeding pair is worth a fourth gen thuwed.

but what is a third gen pb red worth? (yes it's up for trade )

I would trade a nicely lineaged pillow or golden wyvren, maybe one of the trio or a stripe. If you are interested in anything specific PM me, I would love your red smile.gif

Would children from this bronze be worth anything? Does he count as a Thuwed?

Tinsels aren't really worth anything unless they're 4th to 2nd gen or they're a neat line from a new tinsel.

Would children from this bronze be worth anything? Does he count as a Thuwed?

With tinsels it's very much perspective, some people want any tinsel, but others prefer the stairstep or spiral lineage. It's a Thuwed and it's not horribly messy, so perhaps a medium lineage stripe or one of the trio?

With tinsels it's very much perspective, some people want any tinsel, but others prefer the stairstep or spiral lineage. It's a Thuwed and it's not horribly messy, so perhaps a medium lineage stripe or one of the trio?

Thank you very much!

Does dead-lining a Holly change its value? For better or worse? unsure.gif

I snagged this one last Christmas from the AP, which wasn't inbred and was only 8th gen IIRC, but it was a bit messy. I had a weird premonition that it might get "pruned", so I named it for the original holly, and I'm glad I did, because sure enough, it's now got tombstones for parents. blink.gif

For me, personally, I don't mind and I've paired it up with a PB gold for non-holiday breeding, but I was curious about trade value, and what I should breed it with next Christmas. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

SL

alot.png

Does dead-lining a Holly change its value? For better or worse? unsure.gif

I snagged this one last Christmas from the AP, which wasn't inbred and was only 8th gen IIRC, but it was a bit messy. I had a weird premonition that it might get "pruned", so I named it for the original holly, and I'm glad I did, because sure enough, it's now got tombstones for parents. blink.gif

For me, personally, I don't mind and I've paired it up with a PB gold for non-holiday breeding, but I was curious about trade value, and what I should breed it with next Christmas. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

SL

alot.png

It's in second gen tinsel or neglected worth to me.

I'd happily be your tinsel slave every week until christmas for a even gen from that holly xd.png

pretty sure other people would too

It's in second gen tinsel or neglected worth to me.

I'd happily be your tinsel slave every week until christmas for a even gen from that holly xd.png

pretty sure other people would too

Yeah, I would too xd.png

What would a pair of CB Vine eggs be going for these days? I think I might be over-valuing them, frankly.

What are dino eggs worth right now? I've got a yellow dino up for trade and am not sure what it's worth.

@Wookieinmashoo - I think that's more than fair, clean trio should def be worth a hatchie or CB magi egg

@Fran27 - CB white eggs aren't worth very much more than other CB common eggs, as far as I know, CB white hatchlings might be able to go for a bit more, might be able to snag a CB black/stripe/trio/GW egg for 2-3 cb white hatchlings, but it depends largely on what the person trading them wants tongue.gif Could probably also trade 2-3 for some respectably decent tinsel lines, or specific 2nd gens (CB hatchlings are very desired, eggs much less, maybe 5th gen+ metals for 2+ hatchlings

@Jennabob - Again, as I mentioned above, the eggs aren't worth that much, but hatchlings are. For the eggs themselves you might be able to swap for a different CB egg of similar rarity. For two CB hatchlings you should be able to get a nicely lined tinsel, in my opinion, though vines are simply not in high demand like blacks, stripes, trios, etc., probably a 5th gen + metal (depending on lineage, pretty/orderly lineages go for more obviously XP) wouldn't be un-imaginable. but again, depends on the trader

@Amberfly - I don't collect them so I'm not entirely sure if my info on this is correct/up to date, but they tend to trade like CB uncommons, they can be swapped for other dinos, maybe a CB split or two? I've heard that chickens are more desired than dinos though, so maybe two dinos=worth of one chicken, roughly? something like that x.x

@Miyon - I think that's a perfectly fine asking price, though you may be trading down a hair, maybe?