TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Ack, I didn't know about this glitch. I spent like an hour putting my tree together only to have to revert back to the original T_T

Only now when I finally got it edited the way I wanted, and submitted it, it REVERTED BACK TO WHAT IT WAS BEFORE! How do I know what actually got submitted? I've done this three times now and ALWAYS it reverts to the way it was before the editing, with the sparkly lights off on one side, and ornaments where they don't belong.

*tears out hair from frustration*

QFT.

Really, the tree is being annoying. >_<

Submitted.  What happens if you submit more than once...or more than one design? Is your submission updated?

EDIT: Never mind. I attempted to resubmit just to make sure and it said I already submitted my tree to the contest. So no updates or edits I suppose.

Hmm.. okay, but I guess, it will update automatically. During the voting time, you will be sent to the tree as it is looking, right?

So "submitting" might only mean the wish to participate. And maybe the whole rearranging decoration will be blocked after the time limit.

Edited by shirubaaneko

EDIT: Never mind. I attempted to resubmit just to make sure and it said I already submitted my tree to the contest. So no updates or edits I suppose.

Oh, just peachy... dry.gif Well, I submit after I reorganized my tree... though, it just keeps popping back to my yesterday version. Maybe I'll get lucky and my submitted version will be the one I'm wanting and not my yesterday version.

huh.gif

But it isn't automatically submitted, is it?

I mean, waiting is fine, considering the bug. But don't miss to submit it yourself. I might be wrong, though, but I guess there wouldn't be the submit option at all, if it's automatically submitting the tree. Not to mention how many complete unedited, not wanted to submit trees would land into the contest that way.

Well on the first page it says "Starting on the 8th, everyone's trees will be viewable, and a scroll link for rating trees will appear near the 'Review Descriptions'"...

So I assume they'd all be auto-submitted. Oh well, we'll submit ours purposely on the seventh anyway, just incase. smile.gif

I'm glad I haven't submitted mine yet, sorry for everyone who's getting the glitch sad.gif

Y'know, I bet if this gets too bad, he'll just un-submit all the trees people have submitted and let them do it again.

Okay, that's just a guess, but also a hope...

Sorry for all of you who submitted them... sad.gif

Yep, this glitch is pissing me off. I've moved the failed snowman attempt about six times now and what do you know, it won't freaking stay faded. Neither will any of my other ordements. Plus they keep reverting back. I'm going to wait to keep this up till tomorrow.

Y'know, I bet if this gets too bad, he'll just un-submit all the trees people have submitted and let them do it again.

That's what I was thinking, too. No way TJ would just let everyone who submitted early on get screwed over.

Mine seems to have a similar error too, but it's also with layering. The red and gold tinsel stuff keeps showing up on top, even though I moved ornaments to be on top. It's like it's saving everything except the layering, and a couple other things. And now when I try to fix it, it's not saving it dry.gif

What I'm hoping is that 'Submit' means that 'Yes, I want my tree to be in the contest' versus 'My tree is done now', which would be why you can't submit it multiple times...

Edited by Axiluvia

Ok I have a big problem with my tree I finished decorating my tree and I sumited it as well. well when i went back to look at my tree all my decortaions were all over the place does that mean what i submit did not stay and I have to redo all of it? can someone please tell me. It is bad enough I was having problems with the ornaments not doing what i wanted it to do please and thank you.

(and from the looks of it more and more people seem to be haivng the same problem so it would be really great if TJ could please answer this question before a lot of people lose a lot of hair Thanks)

Edited by Shadow18

i had and ugly tree, i reseted all and restarted and submitted and now my ugly tree is back ohmy.gif

will this mean everyone will see my ugly one sad.gif

normally if you reset and go away and come back you have a black tree but now my ugly tree is the standard tree sad.gif

Grr... I submitted mine, then found out that it's not automatically saving my ornament placement. I LIKE how my tree is, darn it!

Oh my god nooes! I'm gonna pull my hair!

I spent two hours decorating my tree and after hitting Submit (succesfully) and looking back again, it was all they way it was in the begining.

Yes, now I can see, more people have the same problem, but please, tell me it's not true. sad.gif I am seriously gonna cry for such time waste...

ETA:  Only now when I finally got it edited the way I wanted, and submitted it, it REVERTED BACK TO WHAT IT WAS BEFORE!  How do I know what actually got submitted?  I've done this three times now and ALWAYS it reverts to the way it was before the editing, with the sparkly lights off on one side, and ornaments where they don't belong.

*tears out hair from frustration*

I have a devastated 12 year old here for the same reason. She spent over n hour doing a lot of final editing, after she found some items she missed last night. She hit the submit button and when she returned to the page, all her editing was undone. She tried fixing it and resubmitted the tree, and it said it was already submitted. I think she also tried three times and finally just hit the reset button in frustration. She'll have another chance tomorrow evening, but she is pretty upset tonight. What can I tell her?

By the way, I logged in after she went to bed, and my silly tree seems just the same. I hit submit on mine, and it remained as I left it. Same computer. What gives?

I'm so gonna win first prize with my pimpin Pollock masterpiece

/jk

I'm not gonna enter cos I have no idea at all cool.gif

-edit-

Bug alert! ninja.gif

I went back and my tree turned back into..

~Images Removed~

Edited by _Z_

EEP! i have the same glitch going on as everyone else. i tried to make some final adjustments and refreshed and it went back to what it was.

so, if we wait to submit them, i hope i dont wait too long. i thought we had to the 8th to work with it. ohmy.gif

I have the same "trouble" on some final editing, but I guess it can't be helped for now. Best might be to such wait until TJ is there to fix the glitch. And mazbe answering about the auto-editing after submitting or not.

Over here it's already evening, but on dragcave it's onlz 2:23 AM, isn't it?

Don't know, if that is TJ's timezone as well, but it might be the middle of the night. And we have a whole other day of editing.

I'm sure it's gonna get fixed for sure and we don't need to worry too much.

Still I really feel sorry for everyone who lost hours of work. For me it's only some touches so that it's not such a big problem for me.

Ah... thanks to everyone working on the great ornaments and to TJ of course. It has been really fun and interesting to wait every day for new ornaments ^^

Great idea. biggrin.gif

Edited by shirubaaneko

At first it was the pretty dragon ornaments wouldn't stay under anything.

I was leaving the tree and coming back to check and now it reverts without saving any edits.

I keep finding more fun ways to place the ornaments while I wait for the tree to stabilize. biggrin.gif

Good Luck to everyone! This has been fun!

It's not just for people who have submitted. I decided to change a few things before submitting, and just to be sure it took I left the page and came back - they were all as they'd been before I moved them. Hard refresh, leave the page and hard refresh, clear cache, none of them will get the ornaments to stay moved. I have not yet submitted mine.

Glad I'm not the only one who has this problem. Thankfully, I only did minor adjustments to mine this morning, so nothing big was reverted, but would like to have a clear statement on:

• Whether tree is now submitted as it looked without today's changes.
  • Whether tree is submitted as it was intended to, including today's changes.
  • Whether tree is *not* submitted at all, and should be re-submitted.
  • And if the latter is the case, when the glitch will be done, so we don't need to redo this many times.

OMG I was freaking when I saw what happened.

I added all the lights then hit submit and NOW all the lights are scattered around my page and not on my tree.

I am soo upset but glad to see it isnt just me.

@To the Mom of the 12 yr old, yea my daughter is gonna submit her tree also, I will make sure she finishs the decorations, signs out of her scroll, signs back in then submits -- hoping that stops this bug for her.

I'm so disappointed. If I have to resubmit everything againwithin a limited timeframe I won't have the time to redo the decorations sad.gif

I just hit submit after my final changes

Went back to look at my tree before I go and ... damn ... -.- just as before I made the changes!

<= see me grumble!