TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

muahaha i already had a plan for my tree topper but i loved the dragons

i was able to line it up cool without being at the top

i love all the ornaments but i think i'm gonna stick to cool colors (cool as in the blue/purple/green side of the color wheel, not the awesome kind of cool laugh.gif )

This is so fun, I feel like I'm re-living christmas! I never got to do the tree at home so I'm sitting here with christmas music on decorating my virtual tree laugh.gif

i love all the ornaments but i think i'm gonna stick to cool colors (cool as in the blue/purple/green side of the color wheel, not the awesome kind of cool laugh.gif )

Haha same, all the warm colours are just too much for me to handle tongue.gif

I am pretty certain that I have my final design. Perhaps a minor change or two, but why keep working on a tree that already makes me happy when I look at it? I know my odds in the contest aspect, and I'll probably just have to settle for my pretty tree. So, I'll submit what makes me happy.

Have any of you guys found a way to use all the tree toppers? I know you should only have one, but it would be cool if you had them all in some cool design. tongue.gif

Edited by fireball225

I lined my ornaments so that they are shaped like...something, *shiftyeyes* but my brother and my friend say that they don't see it.

Meh.

When I asked what they thought it looked like they said, "pile of ornaments".

*sadness*

Haha same, all the warm colours are just too much for me to handle tongue.gif

well the only day i missed was one of the yellow days so...it just didn't look right

i finished mine, and i took a screenshot incase the ornaments decide to move on me >.<

am i the only one that was using the faded decorations to play with the border

when the event is over will the page remain the same as it is now? i like my faded decorations

@fireball225

i used the 2 silver dragons

but since there are 2 silver, 2 gold, and the 2 birds that's a lot D:

Edited by darkshadow5392

Waitwait...*re-checks first page* we can ask for Frills? Well, seeing as how they're discontinued, I know what I'm getting if I win honerable mention. wink.gif

Have any of you guys found a way to use all the tree toppers? I know you should only have one, but it would be cool if you had them all in some cool design. tongue.gif

I haven't, but my friend has pretty much gotten all of them on (only the gold star is off, and he's still trying to figure out where it could go... xd.png). For the top of the tree, he put up the TJ one (and admitted to being a major suck-up).

I think his general plan was to fill up as much of the tree as possible, while not getting most of the ornaments. rolleyes.gif He got on for the lights, and then didn't get on until today... Silly boy.

I tried, but it just doesn't look right since you can't do the mirror images of the toppers to make the tree look balanced. Be really nice if I could put the extra toppers amongst the nice holly/mistletoe corner borders but they keep fading out lol. ah well.

Hint for tree toppers: Put one behind the other and it gives a cool effect.

I also just found a nice place for all of my tree toppers. smile.gif

For the top of the tree, he put up the TJ one (and admitted to being a major suck-up).

Whats the TJ one?

I believe it's like reviewing descriptions for dragons, completely anonyomus . You just rate the trees and you don't know who's is who's.

Thanks biggrin.gif

Every time I think I know what I want to use on my tree, something else wonderful comes out. tongue.gif There just isn't enough room to put everything on that I want to use! I have decided on the tree topper, though, but if I go with any particular color scheme, I have to leave something wonderful out. *sigh, decisions, decisions...*

Yup. I used all the tree toppers in my design. Granted, two of them are floating and not technically on the tree, but they aren't faded, so they're visible and part of my design.

I doubt anyone will actually like my tree, but I'm really hoping to at least get honorable mention so I can get a holly. It's not very likely, though, since I'm not very artistic.

Yup. I used all the tree toppers in my design. Granted, two of them are floating and not technically on the tree, but they aren't faded, so they're visible and part of my design.

I doubt anyone will actually like my tree, but I'm really hoping to at least get honorable mention so I can get a holly. It's not very likely, though, since I'm not very artistic.

Don't jinx it hun D:

Man, I'm never going to settle on my tree. I redesign it, look at it, and then scrap the whole thing. The thing is I keep using the same ornaments over and over again. I really hope I can settle down by the time editing ends... When's that again?

Oh and I have a qusestion. Does anyone else's ornaments become solid again after you log in to the tree again, despite them NOT being on the tree? I'm wondering if it's just me...because I don't want them to show up on accident when I send the tree.

Edited by Shokomon

Man, I'm never going to settle on my tree. I redesign it, look at it, and then scrap the whole thing. The thing is I keep using the same ornaments over and over again. I really hope I can settle down by the time editing ends... When's that again?

Oh and I have a qusestion. Does anyone else's ornaments become solid again after you log in to the tree again, despite them NOT being on the tree? I'm wondering if it's just me...because I don't want them to show up on accident when I send the tree.

To answer your question, yes, they do that to me too. But when I move them and put them back out, they fade. ^^ I'm pretty sure it's normal

and OMYGOSH! xd.png Day 12's are soo....AMAZING! Still sad I missed day 4, but AAAHH! DAY 12 DEFINTELY MAKES UP FOR IT! DX But now I hafta redesign my tree ^^; aaaaah! So pretty so pretty!!!

edit:

as for the editing, it ends on the 8th at midnight.

Edited by Dragnia_Zonatia

50 mins to submitting time! I might make a few more tweaks to my tree but that's it. smile.gif

Edited by fireball225

you still have the next two days to finish your tree before you submit it! this i am happy for. i dont know if there are any tweaks left on mine i need to make x3

This is getting tough. I can't seem to give my tree that award-winning look.

This is getting tough. I can't seem to give my tree that award-winning look.

I can biggrin.gif

I am decorating so much biggrin.gif And so artistic I never thought that artistic part even existed... o.O And NU I will not share my secrets with anyone... sorry...

*loves all of the ornaments* I hope I win! biggrin.gif

I may have missed it but HOW do you submit your tree??

Help appreciated. Thank-you

you wont be able to submit it until 12:00am DC time. (roughly 40 minutes from this post)

a link will appear on the tree's page :3