TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I started working around midnight, after I finally got my kids to bed, hubby is asleep, etc, so i could decorate my tree w/o distraction (what can i say, i'd like it to be good enough to win SOME kind of prize, as i'm sure everyone else would like to.

Its now 3am, I just FINALLY got done with my tree and it was finally to my satisfaction. I hit submit, then go check on my eggs. I go back to look at my tree again, and I could have slammed my face off the desk if I hadnt thought it would wake up my husband.

I am too tired and frustrated to go back and read thru this thread. What the heck is this glitch? When did it start?? Does TJ know about it yet? I am going to go nuts! blink.gifblink.gifmad.gifsad.gifunsure.gif

Good that I was somewhat happy with my tree before I changed ornaments <.< So I don´t necessarily submitted the ugly I tried before >.< ... because that would be totally embarassing.

I hope I get a price, or even a honorable mention (who doesn´t?), but it would be absolutely embarassing for me if people saw the ...thing I did before.

This is making me very curious on how my tree looks now, but ofcourse the cave won't open...just like the last couple of days it's online/offline... I can't even check my dragons sad.gif

I think DC has its daily downtime

But I just hope the thing with the resetting trees gets fixed before the 8th, not that people go all unhappy into the challenge or stop submitting their trees.

OMG I was freaking when I saw what happened.

I added all the lights then hit submit and NOW all the lights are scattered around my page and not on my tree.

I am soo upset but glad to see it isnt just me.

@To the Mom of the 12 yr old, yea my daughter is gonna submit her tree also, I will make sure she finishs the decorations, signs out of her scroll, signs back in then submits -- hoping that stops this bug for her.

Thank you- I'm not Mom but her Aunt, but she's still my girl, and we have had a lot of fun working on the dragons together. She took it hard, in part because she had a very long day, but will calm down, and knowing everyone else is having the same problem will be a big help. She DID finally catch her Leetle Tree earlier tonight, with wonderful patience and persistance just before the tree problem, so it will all even out. I know the trees will work out all right with TJ and all his elves, and the incredible job they do.

Good luck to your daughter, and I'm sure the glitch will be fixed quickly.

I'm wondering what'll happen to the people who don't read this read and don't realise that there is a glitch...

Whoops, there goes a lot of tweaking. Thankfully I remember everything I did and never hit submit, but that was like an hour of making sure my OCD was completely satisfied with every single little ornament. >.<

Mass effect chaos, until panic sets in. That's what's going to happen.

Just got DC back, and jupp... tree is stuck with the old decoration.

*sighs*

Even refreshing with the new ornaments back in place didn´t work, since it doesn´t let me refresh the page. Going back to my cave and then clicking on the tree, and voila! ... old decoration again ...

Thank you- I'm not Mom but her Aunt, but she's still my girl, and we have had a lot of fun working on the dragons together. She took it hard, in part because she had a very long day, but will calm down, and knowing everyone else is having the same problem will be a big help. She DID finally catch her Leetle Tree earlier tonight, with wonderful patience and persistance just before the tree problem, so it will all even out. I know the trees will work out all right with TJ and all his elves, and the incredible job they do.

Good luck to your daughter, and I'm sure the glitch will be fixed quickly.

Thanks and yea mine will have to wait, she couldnt handle her tree messing up. I am just glad I am on the forum so I know what is going on.

I am glad your neice caught a leetle tree. I caught one this year also and was so excited, my daughter and son also caught one. Daughter danced around the room when she realized she had one.

I just hope TJ and his elves allow us to resubmit with the final version and not the bugged one.

It's the same problem for everyone. It seems that the changes don't get automatically saved anymore. But I'm sure, TJ will fix this as soon as possible.

Big no.

Should've screenshotted the tree sad.gifsad.gif

It's the same problem for everyone. It seems that the changes don't get automatically saved anymore. But I'm sure, TJ will fix this as soon as possible.

huh. Well, I'm glad I set my tree up the way I want it before the glitch started....

Here is a suggestion as this worked for me. Decorate your tree. DO NOT SUBMIT IT. return to your main scroll and then look at your tree again. The placements should not of changed. Now you can submit and it shouldn't mess things up.

Oh no! I didn't see this thread before submitting my tree. Dang it, I made a lot of changes today too... I hope we'll be able to resubmit the trees once the glitches get sorted out.

I would submit my tree tomorrow. Maybe my mind changes if I've already submitted it. velociraptor.png

Many thanks to all spriters! The tree and the ornaments look great! wub.gif

I like them alot.png!

Glad I took the time out to read in here. Hopefully things will be fixed. I do feel sorry for those that have submitted their tree and found their tree submits locked on the old looks. I do hope they get a second go around.

Mine was close to done to my satisfaction when I checked out here anyways. I was still debating what I wanted to top the tree with. One of the dragons, was the idea, but which one and which color? Guess I'm going to still be debating that one for a few.

I do kind of also hope the problem gets fixed soon so that I can at least remove the strands of marbles out of the corner of the page. *feels really sheepish* I went to see if I could get more of those before I looked here, and found they go back to the top corner of the page in plain view of the tree's page. Pardon me for a sec while I show my sheepishness....baaa...

Ouch. Should have read the forum before submitting (did some final and super-important tweaking). Let's hope it will get fixed soon...

Ok. After reading all the above posts, I don't feel as bad about my tree, but I'm still keeping the ice pack on my forehead from where it hit my desk regardless. I went cross-eyed setting my tree the way I wanted it. Checked it. Double checked it. Developed OCD over it.

Then I clicked "submit."

*insert lip-quibble of doom here*

I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hoping that it submitted my tree the way I wanted it and NOT the way it showed immediately after. Almost all of my ornaments scattered all over my page again. I so just wanted to cry. I took the time and put them all back where I'd had them before and tried to resubmit my tree.

Yeah, you guessed it - it came back and told me, "you've already submitted this tree." That's when gravity gave way and the desk rose to smack my forehead.

Wanna see THAT egg? tongue.gif

At any rate, I have my tree back the way I wanted it. So I hope that maybe, possibly, please, *giant impossibly-cute-uber-puppy-dog-eyes* the mods will take pity on everyone in light of this seeming glitch, and give everyone a second chance to make sure their tree was submitted correctly.

Pretty please?

wub.gif

*sniff*

I decorade my tree - submit it and than..... the tree looks like my old tree from yesterday when I was trying some concepts - hope that my new tree will be added - not my tree from yesterday ....

I will try it again in some hours - perhaps the glitch was fixed and we got a new chance to decorade ....

After submitting you get a message that you can keep redecorating 'till the eighth, so no worries smile.gif Also the 'submit your tree' button stays as well... (I haven't tried submitting it a second time though...)

I really hope that it submitted the tree that I wanted to submit :/

After submitting you get a message that you can keep redecorating 'till the eighth, so no worries

This!