TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Seems as i all changes I try to make today will not save....

But as all aof the users say so to, I would guess it is site wide and TJ is allready working at it.

Decorated and submitted.

I am pretty happy with how I made it look first go. biggrin.gif

Ok,so I decorated my tree,I submitted it and then I went to the tree page again,but none of my decorations were on the tree anymore,they were near it.Question is,was the tree I decorated submitted or not ? I spent a lot of time decorating it and I really hope i don't have to do it all over again... unsure.gifunsure.gif

This just happened to me, now I'm feeling very emo

Wish I had come by here before fiddling with my tree. A lot of work down the drain. *sigh*

I had mine mostly done last night, but when I loaded it this morning, the garland was on top of everything. I redid it, added a few things, then submitted it, and when I went back, everything was at it was first thing this morning... with the garland on top and the things I added not on the tree. Hopefully, the correct version we submitted. If not.. well, I've been waiting for a Holly this long, it won't kill me if I never get one.

Hmm, strangely my tree didn't get messed up when i submitted, All I can think of regarding this is that I didn't reset my tree even once. Well in any case my tree is submitted and I'm happy happy.gif

I'm having a problem where my lights are ending up on top of everything, and yeah, it's not staying fixed. sad.gif

If this keeps up I guess I'll just have to get rid of lights alltogether.

I'm one of those whose tree won't save. I spent about half an hour decorating it, left the page, came back to it and it had returned to yesterdays stage. I'd really liked what I'd done with it, too... I'm not going to submit it until the saving thing isn't fixed... would be a pity if I have yesterday's fugly tree in the contest biggrin.gif

Edited by Carthasis

Mine doesn't save any more either. I hope this gets fixed soon, because the state I left it in yesterday is not very impressive at all.

Just wanted to report that my tree also will not save. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I have faith. Thanks to whoever is working on solving the problem!

Yeah, mine won't save either. I was all satisfied and happy, but not willing to submit it yet and when I came back everything was exactly like it was before I started decorating.

So that was a waste of my time...

i just added lights to mine just now and went off to my scroll for a second,but when i went back to the tree my lights were off the tree again....does this mean editing is over with I wonder,but the contest post states we have till the 8th so.....well hopefully its fixed by the time i get home tonight so i can submit.

Yes, a thread came up about the submitting problem in help, and I have PM'd TJ about it. Hopefully he'll be able to fix this when he sees my PM. :3

It has been reported to TJ.

Ok,so I decorated my tree,I submitted it and then I went to the tree page again,but none of my decorations were on the tree anymore,they were near it.Question is,was the tree I decorated submitted or not ? I spent a lot of time decorating it and I really hope i don't have to do it all over again... unsure.gifunsure.gif

Same here, so ... is it decorated in the contest now or not =/ ?

So... my entire design was lost when hitting 'submit' sad.gif And I was so happy with it...

ANY OF YOU GUYS CAN TELL ME HOW TO MAKE A SCREENSHOT? PLEASE!

I'm keeping my new design in an open tab, but I'm so afraid I accidentally close it, or my computer hangs up, or the power goes out and I lose it forever sad.gif It cost me so much work I'm getting slightly paranoid about the whole thing sad.gif

So... my entire design was lost when hitting 'submit' sad.gif And I was so happy with it...

ANY OF YOU GUYS CAN TELL ME HOW TO MAKE A SCREENSHOT? PLEASE!

I'm keeping my new design in an open tab, but I'm so afraid I accidentally close it, or my computer hangs up, or the power goes out and I lose it forever sad.gif It cost me so much work I'm getting slightly paranoid about the whole thing sad.gif

on your keyboard there should be a button that says Prt Sc (or print screen or something similar)

it will copy the whole screen, then if you open an art program like mspaint (under accessories in your program menu)

one in there press paste and you can adjust the picture and crop it however you'd like

Mine's not saving either (wish I'd looked here first... I had everything lined up with the gaps it's supposed to fit in and that took forever)

I'm going to wait for this to be fixed before starting again.

Quick question - I seem to be missing some decorations. I have the snowflake, odd-green-cucumber-thing and silver bird from day eleven but nothing else from that day, and I'd quite like to be able to use the pinecone and candycane.

What is that green thing anyway? It took me long enough to figure out what a popcorn garland was.

Same problem here, I decorated my tree, was very happy with it, submitted it... and when I went back to my page it was all lost and came back to yesterday state sad.gif

I hope it was saved in its decorated state for the contest dry.gif

Oh I didn't read this before submitting my tree.. lol.

Um I think mine sent fine though!?

I clicked submit, came back and it looked pretty much identical to how my tree was before I submit it.. so either it has been fixed or.. Idk I did this a couple hours ago too.. at like 9 in the morning?

Is it just affecting certain people ooor...?

on your keyboard there should be a button that says Prt Sc (or print screen or something similar)

it will copy the whole screen, then if you open an art program like mspaint (under accessories in your program menu)

one in there press paste and you can adjust the picture and crop it however you'd like

Thank you so much for your help! Now I have a screenshot smile.gif Can take a deep breath now smile.gif

I wish i'd looked here before spending all that time decorating my tree........I had it completely sorted, hit submit, got a message saying i could continue to edit until the 8th, so decided to look over it again, and my tree was completely blank (as it had been, as I'd been resetting tree to get all the new ornaments out of the way)

Also, i can't get the decorations to layer exactly how i want.....is there a special way of doing it?

I submitted mine this morning and went back to look and mine is still decorated correctly

I wanted to click "Reset all ornaments" but i clicked accidentally "Submit your tree to the decorating contest". sad.gif Can i send my tree again to the contest or is this pointless?