TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I'm a bit hesitant to submit my tree right now because when it locked, my Garland got moved in front of all the ornaments, making it look odd. I don't want that to happen when I submit it and have my tree look stupid for the contest... DX

glad to know I'm not the only one iwth an issue xd.png

i don't have stuff randomly flying everywhere, but there are ornaments in places they don't belong. lol most of everything is where it belongs but, there are new stufff in weird places tongue.gif

also, theres stuff missing nothing that was on the tree is there

My tree is still locked. I hope it gets unlocked soon, as I still have things I'd like to move...

http://dragcave.net/user/drox

Yay! Is fixed!

ETA: Only now when I finally got it edited the way I wanted, and submitted it, it REVERTED BACK TO WHAT IT WAS BEFORE! How do I know what actually got submitted? I've done this three times now and ALWAYS it reverts to the way it was before the editing, with the sparkly lights off on one side, and ornaments where they don't belong.

*tears out hair from frustration*

Edited by drox

1. I hope TJ makes a counter that auto updates on teh first post with all the submitted trees

2. I can't move my ornaments, NO I did NOT lock it, or submit it, but I will move an ornament, then go to my scroll and back to my tree and it would be in the place I had it before I moved it sad.gif

I have a problem/question that doesn't directly have to do with the contest, but does have to do with the trees. I have no interest in the contest per se, but I do want to decorate my tree because it's pretty.

Last night I removed all the decorations from my tree and moved them off into th brown area off to the sides because I noticed that new decorations were often going underneath currently applied decorations, and making it difficult to move things. I got tired of it, so decided to just wait until we had them all before doing the actual decorating.

The problem is that when I came back on today, all of the decorations had disappeared. I don't mean faded out, I mean they're GONE. Completely.

I'm really sad and upset. Like I said, I don't really have an interest in the contest, but I love the tree and the idea of being able to decorate it myself.

Can I please get back my decorations? I am so sad you wouldn't believe it. sad.gif

That's strange...maybe the images aren't loading? Maybe Java (does it use Java, I'm not positive) was disabled for some reason?

If they don't show up, you should probably PM TJ, it might be an error. I wish you best of luck!

I wouldn't submit unless you're happy with the way your tree seemed when it was locked. I just put my ornaments back where they should be, then went to my scroll and back to my tree to make sure nothing was going to move, and it was back the way it was before.

I changed the ornament placement, submitted my tree and it's STILL lopsided D: Plus the ornaments reverted to what they were before I submitted it.

This had better be a glitch, or else I really am out of the running…I simply can't compete with a lopsided tree…

Edited by Sunrise

1. I hope TJ makes a counter that auto updates on teh first post with all the submitted trees

2. I can't move my ornaments, NO I did NOT lock it, or submit it, but I will move an ornament, then go to my scroll and back to my tree and it would be in the place I had it before I moved it sad.gif

That happened to me, too, gosh darn it! I needed to tweak a few things...

hopefully this is a glitch?

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I am very happy with my tree, the work the artists put into the ornaments, and the whole tree-decorating thing overall.

May the best tree win!

A thought just occurred to me...I'm really not looking forward to what people will say after this contest...

I think I'll just stop looking here altogether. There'll be too many people being annoying about how they didn't win.

Okay for some odd reason the silver garland is on my tree instead of the gold one. I was switching back and fourth between the two before reset, but is there a way to keep the one I want on the tree?

A thought just occurred to me...I'm really not looking forward to what people will say after this contest...

I think I'll just stop looking here altogether. There'll be too many people being annoying about how they didn't win.

Eh, way I see it, I tried, and if I don't win, oh well, it was fun anyway biggrin.gif But yeah, I know what you mean. Hope that people don't take it to heart too much.

I had a lot of fun (and some utterly frustrating moments, too), so I'm excited to see who wins.

duh. I hope that I at least get honorable mention and if I don't i will be a bit disappointed. Everybody is going to feel like that. I hope the don't bash the winner's trees.

just saying, nobody likes a sore loser.

there is a glitch with the set of lights that appear on day 12

I put it behind my ornaments, but... I refresh and it's at the front ¬¬

Ok, I my tree is on the contest biggrin.gif

Mine too, but when I went back to my tree again, stuff was back where it was before I corrected it.

Well, I submitted my tree. And even though I suppose I should be positive, I'm not going to let my hopes get too high. After all, there will probably be many submitted trees, and mine will most likely be quite simple compared to others.

Although, I'm somewhat pleased with how my tree topper turned out.

Edited by Data_Girl_3

Hrrm. o.o

My tree rolls back every time I go back to it.

I suppose I'll have to wait until this is fixed to submit.

I submitted mine... I don't think I'm going to come up with anything better. tongue.gif can't wait till the results!

I just submitted mine. *ish scared* ninja.gif

I hope I win something. Personally, I adore my tree. I hope other people do, too. biggrin.gif

EDIT: The last minute changes I did didn't save. >.>

Edited by blackmoonflower

Submitted my randomness...but afraid it's a bit childish and I doubt anyone will realize my theme...but...twas fun to design.

Er...wait...my ornaments I took off reappeared when I went back to that page. Hmmm...

I put TWO ornaments out of the tree, and I refresh and they are there again!

What's happening?

OK...for anyone who looks at this before submitting...after all these posts...if you move any ornaments on your tree now, they will just move back when you submit.

I hope it's okay if I post this, but I don't think it's fair if people don't know...

Edited by Snow Plow