sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Well from Evil Crushers point of view he might let them live till there hatchling, in which case though he'd rather take the eggs, but if he did not know what eggs they where he'd just smash them and slowly kill the occupants in the eggs. Yes he's that cold heart'ed. However he would not kill them publicly, that may stir some chaos but to him that would not last long. Should he kill them with out the others knowing then he'd get to watch the others make futile efforts to locate the ones he already killed. Then he gets more enjoyment and can smash there will to fight bu showing them the body's after he gets bored of making there pointless journy hell for them.

However as for my GoN I suppose she could be the real mother. She was very closed to the others they would not know she might of had eggs. So sure I we could go with that.

It doesn't have to be olives, or at least not just olives. And just because the caves are in mountains doesn't mean they have to be high up.

Also, if Olives are an unlikely choice, isn't that a good thing? Surely anyone looking to destroy the eggs of the most powerful magic-using dragon species would search the caves of any dragons who would be good at magic? If I was, I definitely would.

The idea was more that Evil Crusher would probably want to kill the extra eggs, thinking them to be bringers of order or new GoN types. (Or both.) It doesn't matter too much how the eggs are killed, as long as Dianora is the only one. She shouldn't just be rare, she needs to be the only one in existence. Otherwise, we would have AoDs lurking, and that isn't a great idea.

My thought was that the GoN would have given the egg to the hidden dragons, so that the egg would be safe. Therefore, she would know of it, but if she's very isolated then that's a bonus because nobody is likely to search for her egg.

The name is just a common name I use for dragons xd.png

The location of the cave is debatable but how is Dianora going to learn to control her powers if her parents have none? Some forms of magic are more advanced than others, correct?

Regarding the eggs why don't we just say they happen to be destroyed during the attack without Evil Crusher knowing?

Edited by Booo

During which attack... I'll go read my story again. xd.png

~

Nope, I didn't mention an attack, where was it mentioned?

I meant when he defeated Grezeshal earlier in the RP. That's how he became a menace in the first place.

Yes, I guess all of the eggs could have been destroyed then. I doesn't matter too much exactly where or when, as long as Dianora is (and will remain, remember GoNs can still breed new Avatar eggs!) the only Avatar alive.

Yeah the GoN was attacked by Evil Crusher in a suprize attack, when he did catch her powers he flattened her home on top of her, not knowing eggs maybe in there too. She was later rescued but again, no sight of the eggs.

Perhaps she thought the eggs might be unsafe before the attack and secreted one away then? Perhaps she planned to separate them, and she didn't have time to hide any but Dianora before the attack. Of course, it's your dragon, so you'll get to choose what happens with this part xd.png

Yes, I guess all of the eggs could have been destroyed then. I doesn't matter too much exactly where or when, as long as Dianora is (and will remain, remember GoNs can still breed new Avatar eggs!) the only Avatar alive.

Why does she have to remain the only one? Once he's dealt with she might have children of her own or another GoN could show up. That's way into the future though...

Edited by Booo

She has to be the only one, so she's ultra-important. If there's even the slightest chance that she can sit back and let someone else deal with it, that's what she'll do. So she has to believe she's the only one, and she knows when her carers are lying. They'd probably be told about things that are going on, maybe through spies.

I'm sorry for disappearing again...I truly am. Feel free to pelt me with banana peels.

I still gotta reply to Zeditha, right? Gonna go do it now, then.

*throws one banana peel* It was annoying, but everyone has times when it's hard to get on. Forgiven. *hides the rest of the banana peels*

Good news, guys! Today is the first day I am spending in my summer to do whatever I like. So, I can RP now! As soon as there is an opening.

Artemis doesn't count? Also you haven't answered my question regarding the previous GoN.

Artemis doesn't count? Also you haven't answered my question regarding the previous GoN.

Ooh, right. Forgot about that; I'll post in the morning.

As to your question concerning whether or not only one GoN should be in the RP, remember that these creatures are very rarely brought about by exceedingly rare dragons who may only succeed in this rarely and through much cooperation not usually seen.

One GoN was used as a plot device. Perhaps a different one is in order. A different breed, perhaps?

Edited by Coryn02

She may have been a plot device but she's still around. She just does not make her self known much at all.

Ooh, right. Forgot about that; I'll post in the morning.

As to your question concerning whether or not only one GoN should be in the RP, remember that these creatures are very rarely brought about by exceedingly rare dragons who may only succeed in this rarely and through much cooperation not usually seen.

One GoN was used as a plot device. Perhaps a different one is in order. A different breed, perhaps?

I'm aware of how rare they are and seeing as they're considered "overpowered" I think everyone agrees that we shouldn't be able to RP them (with exceptions). Also if you read the past few pages this is already what we've been discussing.

I'm assuming that Zeditha flew out of the tree and settled onto the branches of a nearby tree?

OCD observation: Being a Skywing technically he wouldn't have front paws. It's your dragon and it's such a small thing but I couldn't help but bring it up...

And yes it sounds to me like she flew to a different tree.

Uh, didn't I type front wings? I figured that he could grip stuff with wings just as well as he could with paws (if he had any, which he doesn't).

Yeah, Zeditha flew to another tree. She tends to do that, whatever RP she's in. Although, now she's got the geode back, she's trying to slip away into the background... Don't let her, please. She doesn't want you to spot her, but if you don't, I'll have nobody to interact with and nothing to do.

(Unless, of course, I bring in Dianora... You choose whether or not I'm bringing Dianora in, by either spotting Zeditha or letting her run off.)

Hmm...that could be a problem. I'll see if Sky wants to invite her to join the group. Unless, of course, Booo's characters would do that first (then again, they don't know her all that well). That'd make it easier since I'm not sure if Sky actually wants more people with the group.

Speaking of Sky, he might seem a bit like a thoughtless jerk whenever he goes through those random phases like he is right now. He's not trying to be, he's just, well, blunt. And more snappier than usual. I feel kind of killing myself for making him act that way to Irah but that's Sky for you. happy.gif"

Sky's the only other hatchling Irah has really and known and befriended since the day she hatched so she'll go out of her way for him even if he's being a total jerk. smile.gif Also she knows that he's generally unhappy with the group so she was afraid that the incident with Evil Crusher was the final straw and he'd leave for good.

Almost forgot to mention: I highly doubt Natukiro is coming back so Quinn is up for grabs if anyones interested.

Username: natukiro>

Name: <Quinn>

Type/Breed: <solstice dragon>

Power: <she has ice breaths which is strengthened during freezing days and weakens when warmed, snow covers her back during summer to keep her in good condition, in summer when she tries to make snow, it appears as mist. She can't make really big critters freeze in ice until she gets bigger>

Personality: <she is soft and gentle and tends to stay out of fights, easily over whelmed by others and can be dyed in any color quickly( be influenced by others quickly)>

Appearance: <her body is slimmer then most, her eyes are baby blue, her wing skin is thin and looks kind of see through but she can fly like any others>

Age/Stage: <hatchling >

History: <her egg was found in the middle of of a snowstorm when a red dragon adopted her, her egg had ice all over it and even for a dragon made for a snow, she looked half dead when she came out. After her foster mother went out hunting on the fourth day of her hatching, only to never return. A few days after that she began to leave her cave and thats where she is at the moment >

Extra: <>

Edited by Booo

Username: flame249

Name: Stormfront (Storm for short!)

Type/Breed: Grey

Power: Weather, particularly storms

Personality: Stormfront is bold and dramatic, although he pretends he is important and older then he actually is, Stormfront often shows his prankster side.

Appearance: he is gray, with larger wings then most others of his breed, his underbelly is a darker gray,

Age/Stage: hatchling

History: Stormfront hatched out alone on a cliff, there was storm clouds in the sky and bloodstains.

Extra: because of his early orphan hood Stormfront is desperate for company