sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Ay yo. Y'all still accepting? I remember roleplaying in this a little bit a LONG time ago, as princesslydia127. Not sure if y'all remember me, but here ya go.

Username: EmotionalDragon

Name: Nova Tolgarr

Type/Breed: Dark Myst Pygmie

Power: She can meld into the shadows and travel to other shadows, as long as it is big enough to encompass her. She, however, cannot interact with anyone outside of the shadows whilst she is in them.

Personality: She thinks she is bigger than she is. She's very boisterous and loves to pick fights with those too big for her, and that's gotten her into a lot of trouble. She's learned for the most part to pick on those that are closer to her own size. She does not make friends easily, but when she does, she makes friends for life. She'll defend her friends honor with her own life, but she tries to stay out of harm's way, since she's so small. She is intensely curious of strangers and strange things, however, and asks too many questions.

Appearance: Nova has a series of silver dots along her brow and down her neck. There is a silver dot on the top of each of her paws. She also is completely black other than the silver, and her eyes, which are also silver. She is missing her left foreleg almost up to the shoulder. She also had a crescent moon-looking silver scale protrusion on the tip of her tail, which she often uses as a weapon. It isn't very sharp, but it can cut. She does not have any back ridges like others. (Here is a link to what I have drawn out for her- I did not color it in black because, well, it would ruin the drawing. https://i.imgur.com/U08rrWB.png )

Age/Stage: Matured hatchling.

History: She was hatched to a lovely pair of Dark Myst pygmies, and she was raised by them until she was almost ready to grow her wings, but then they vanished after they went on a scavenging hunt to find some bugs. Nova went on living, as they had told her many times if they do not come back. She was caught by another larger dragon, and her front right foreleg was torn clean off at the upper bicep. She managed to get away and keep the wound clean so it healed properly, though she nearly died of blood loss. She has been wandering around ever since, trying to stay out of trouble... for the most part.

Extra: Not really. I stated everything I wanted to. Ask questions about her if you'd like.

Edited by EmotionalDragon

The picture has her missing her left foreleg. You said it was her right. xd.png Nitpicking, I know, but which is it?

Oh, crapola, I'm sorry. I wrote right instead of left! I'll fix that ;__; I'm really bad with directions, actually, I didn't learn left or right until I was about 8. > . > It was kinda bad. But no, I'll go fix that, thank you for pointing that out to me u v u

Also, would it be kosher to ask for a small recap of what's going on at this moment?

Edited by EmotionalDragon

We're accepting but the RP is really slow right now due to people disappearing. I'll let you join asap once I'm not so busy. I can't be on for more than a few minutes. dry.gif

I'll interact with Zeditha when I get back, promise!

Should we skip to morning? I'll give Coryn a chance to reply first then send Emotional a pm. Also I think I'm going to have Quorran leave the group, I can only RP so many chars.

Dumb writers block... guess I'll have to sleep on it.

I apologize for not coming in, I just have no idea how I'm to put myself into the roleplay at this moment.

Whoops. I was going to add something but completely forgot! I should have it up by tomarrow, hopefully then it will be easier.

YES! I must join this RP biggrin.gif

Username: SparksflY

Name: Maple Feather (Maple)

Type/Breed: Canopy Dragon

Power: Can bend light to make illusions, such as making an object appear/disappear. She has not mastered this ability yet, and the bigger the illusion, the more energy it takes.

Personality: Maple is usually curious and adventurous, but can be a bit shy around new dragons. She's self conscious, and worries constantly about what others will think of her. She isn't easily angered, and forgives quickly. Despite her shyness, she will always stand up for other dragons, and is a caring friend to all.

Appearance: Maple looks like an average Canopy dragon, but her eyes are gray instead of yellow, and she is a bit smaller

Age/Stage: Matured Hatchling- Almost adult

History: Maple was bullied throughout most of her life, and was exiled from her herd because she was to small. That's when she decided she would be a friend to everyone, so no one would go through the pain and suffering she did. Despite her friendly nature, she is still looking for a place to call "home".

Extra: Nothing else :3

Um...hi? I guess I was gone longer than expected but I'm back!

YES! I must join this RP biggrin.gif

Username: SparksflY

Name: Maple Feather (Maple)

Type/Breed: Canopy Dragon

Power: Can bend light to make illusions, such as making an object appear/disappear. She has not mastered this ability yet, and the bigger the illusion, the more energy it takes.

Personality: Maple is usually curious and adventurous, but can be a bit shy around new dragons. She's self conscious, and worries constantly about what others will think of her. She isn't easily angered, and forgives quickly. Despite her shyness, she will always stand up for other dragons, and is a caring friend to all.

Appearance: Maple looks like an average Canopy dragon, but her eyes are gray instead of yellow, and she is a bit smaller

Age/Stage: Matured Hatchling- Almost adult

History: Maple was bullied throughout most of her life, and was exiled from her herd because she was to small. That's when she decided she would be a friend to everyone, so no one would go through the pain and suffering she did. Despite her friendly nature, she is still looking for a place to call "home".

Extra: Nothing else :3

user posted image

The AoC sprite gives me an idea. Maybe Zeditha found one of Dianora's blue jewels and now keeps it with her other gems. Having never seen anything like it, this could motivate the group to figure out where it came from.

That seems like a good idea... Except, what blue jewels? There could potentially be blue jewels in the ruins I mentioned in the story, but there don't seem to be actual jewels on an AoC. Thin, translucent wings? Check. ((Oh wait - wrong avatar. I was on Creation. Back to right Avatar... xd.png)) Blue wing-edges... Blue tail-tip... There do seem to be some lighter blue spots. They could be jewels, I guess. smile.gif Or maybe Dianora passed through the cave, and one of the existing jewels was replaced by a shed jewel? That would make it more likely to be noticeable, as Zeditha would notice the swap and there would possibly be footprints. Plus, would anyone really notice that one specific jewel is the right kind to be from an AoC, considering that no Avatars have survived to hatching before? I think that otherwise, it would be mistaken for a diamond, if it was even noticed at all.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Jewel...scale...I'm not sure but they definitely look like a crystal of some sort. I hope that the Thesaurus currently in the works tells us a bit more about them, they could be partially responsible for her magic.

Anyway I like the idea that Diamora could have paid a visit and Zeditha might think "I don't remember finding this thing." Mistaking it for a regular crystal is possible however the egg description says it radiates mysterious energy which could be applied here OR maybe when someone picks it up it starts glowing and something bizarre happens.

Either way Zeditha's already aware of their hunt for Quinn's parents so that might be all that's needed to move the story forward.

Needs more players. I'll send out a few pm's to hopefully get things moving again.

The group is in a cave right now so I'll have Quorran show up instead.

Username: Draconic29

Character Name: Gingalain

Type: Seragamma Wyvern

Power: Gingalain has no special powers, though that does not make him any less dangerous as an opponent. He has the combat skills taught to him by his father, though they have obviously been altered.

Personality: A somewhat cocky and troubling character, Gingalain sees the world as a place where one can only look out for themselves, lest they be dragged down by others. He loves the freedom of his independence, a life in which he has shaped a unique fighting style along with incredible flight skills. However, he still carries some form of honor and respect for his rivals, along with a deep down care for others, although this doesn’t stop him from exploiting loopholes in rules and taunting his opponents.

Age/Stage: The equivalent of a 20-year old human.

Appearance: Default look of a sera gamma, though he appears to have a wild-aura that can sometimes come off as regal.

History: Born to a father with a knightly and idealistic heart, Gingalain idolized his father for his nobility, dreaming of being just like him. He trained with him, learning how to fight like a 'knight' of sorts. However, as the years passed, and however much he did to protect others, his father suffered and grew weak. Not once was he helped or thanked for his noble sacrifices, and yet he still fought on, Gingalain still carrying on behind. However, one day, his father died, weakened and tired, years of living by his code having torn at his body. It was that day that Gingalain was disillusioned of the code, and chose to go off on his own after burying his father, swearing to live by his own rules, and to never allow himself to be dragged down like his father had been.

Others:

Never knew his mother, though his father spoke commonly about her kind heart, yet also on her ferocious nature.

From what he learned growing up, Gingalain's father had apparently belonged to a sort of knightly order of dragons dedicated to keeping the peace, though they still loved battle. (They are based off of a certain legendary group of knights, of course.)

Username: Draconic29

Character Name: Gingalain

Type: Seragamma Wyvern

Power: Gingalain has no special powers, though that does not make him any less dangerous as an opponent. He has the combat skills taught to him by his father, though they have obviously been altered.

Personality: A somewhat cocky and troubling character, Gingalain sees the world as a place where one can only look out for themselves, lest they be dragged down by others. He loves the freedom of his independence, a life in which he has shaped a unique fighting style along with incredible flight skills. However, he still carries some form of honor and respect for his rivals, along with a deep down care for others, although this doesn’t stop him from exploiting loopholes in rules and taunting his opponents.

Age/Stage: The equivalent of a 20-year old human.

Appearance: Default look of a sera gamma, though he appears to have a wild-aura that can sometimes come off as regal.

History: Born to a father with a knightly and idealistic heart, Gingalain idolized his father for his nobility, dreaming of being just like him. He trained with him, learning how to fight like a 'knight' of sorts. However, as the years passed, and however much he did to protect others, his father suffered and grew weak. Not once was he helped or thanked for his noble sacrifices, and yet he still fought on, Gingalain still carrying on behind. However, one day, his father died, weakened and tired, years of living by his code having torn at his body. It was that day that Gingalain was disillusioned of the code, and chose to go off on his own after burying his father, swearing to live by his own rules, and to never allow himself to be dragged down like his father had been.

Others:

Never knew his mother, though his father spoke commonly about her kind heart, yet also on her ferocious nature.

From what he learned growing up, Gingalain's father had apparently belonged to a sort of knightly order of dragons dedicated to keeping the peace, though they still loved battle. (They are based off of a certain legendary group of knights, of course.)

Just one thing: Is he an adult or mature hatchling? The age/conversion thing on page 1 is a little inaccurate so I thought i'd double check.

Just one thing: Is he an adult or mature hatchling? The age/conversion thing on page 1 is a little inaccurate so I thought i'd double check.

Gingalain is a mature Seragamma Wyvern. My mistake.

Edited by Draconic29

I thought you meant the phase after hatchling but thats fine to. Have fun. smile.gif

Also, just one more thing: I'm not exactly up to date on the plot so far, so is there any major stuff I should know before starting?