sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

I wouldn't mind taking over Quinn, she sounds like my kind of dragon. But I'll wait until everyone either says they don't want her, or they do, until I claim her properly, since I'm not fussed either way. (After all, I have one dragon already, and we're planning another.)

Should I make a form for Dianora?

Can't talk or rp for a few days, maybe more. I'm having a pet crisis and it's hard to think straight. wacko.gif I'll try the best I can for now.

flame249: Could you maybe try to expand a bit more on his history? Maybe what caused the bloodstains, his adopted parents or life as an orphan.

Edited by Booo

For some reason, "pet crisis" sounds adorable...

Anyway, hope you can fix your pet crisis! Don't swallow any hairballs. ^w^

EDIT:

Almost forgot to mention: I highly doubt Natukiro is coming back so Quinn is up for grabs if anyones interested.

Username: natukiro>

Name: <Quinn>

Type/Breed: <solstice dragon>

Power: <she has ice breaths which is strengthened during freezing days and weakens when warmed, snow covers her back during summer to keep her in good condition, in summer when she tries to make snow, it appears as mist. She can't make really big critters freeze in ice until she gets bigger>

Personality: <she is soft and gentle and tends to stay out of fights, easily over whelmed by others and can be dyed in any color quickly( be influenced by others quickly)>

Appearance: <her body is slimmer then most, her eyes are baby blue, her wing skin is thin and looks kind of see through but she can fly like any others>

Age/Stage: <hatchling >

History: <her egg was found in the middle of of a snowstorm when a red dragon adopted her, her egg had ice all over it and even for a dragon made for a snow, she looked half dead when she came out. After her foster mother went out hunting on the fourth day of her hatching, only to never return. A few days after that she began to leave her cave and thats where she is at the moment >

Extra: <>

I just noticed this and I thought that we're supposed to ask the user for this kind of thing?

Edited by Dream_Dragon

hehe, thanks. biggrin.gif I sent her a pm but I've gotten no reply for weeks.

Did you track the PM? Then again, that wouldn't've made a difference...

Ah well, I guess you know what you're doing. happy.gif

I will probably (more like 'may possibly' at this point) post with Scratch. I am kind of busy lately, but with school out of the way I have had more time for the forums.

I am thinking about having him go after the others, but given that he has questions, he will probably stick around and maybe wonder if he he should remain in the area. Always having been exposed to mortality and never to loyalty, his only real goal is to survive.

I wouldn't mind taking over Quinn, she sounds like my kind of dragon. But I'll wait until everyone either says they don't want her, or they do, until I claim her properly, since I'm not fussed either way. (After all, I have one dragon already, and we're planning another.)

Should I make a form for Dianora?

It might be a bit early for that but sure, why not? It would make more sense if the group found her though.

What I'm thinking could happen is Zeditha could lead them to a cave in the alpine somewhere. Since Quinn got lost in a snowstorm she could have lived on a mountain which is where they'll be headed in an effort to reunite her with her parents. After a few weeks trekking up the mountain they would eventually find the cave where Dianora lives. So all three characters are connected, what do you think? Also seeing as Quinn doesn't talk much she can be an NPC and just be around for the purpose of tying the story together.

Hmm. Since Zeditha's cave wouldn't be the same one Dianora lives in, or that Quinn lives in (Most likely), and they probably wouldn't be too close otherwise they'd find each other easily, I propose this...

Quinn lived in her plain cave, and knew about the Olives that take care of Dianora. (She may or may not know about Dianora herself as well.) Since she got lost in the snowstorm, she's accidentally stumbled upon Zeditha's gem cave, and lives there now. When Zeditha and group find the gem cave (two days timeskip), they'll find Quinn, and Zeditha knows how to access another, more gem-filled part of the cave. They exchange information, and the group goes off to find Dianora's colony. Quinn may or may not join them.

Then they find the colony and Dianora, and I won't decide any story from there. xd.png It's up to the RPers, as usual. Is that brief story overview OK?

That's not exactly what I meant by "connected". Both Dianora and Quinn come from the snow-covered mountains and because that's where Zeditha keeps her gems (or reasonably close, up to you) now we have three reasons to go searching there. No prior knowledge of one another. The avatar's home is supposed to remain a secret so you know who doesn't find her.

I forgot that you joined later than natukiro so I should give you a recap of her dragon. Quinn is currently with the group. They found her only a day ago in RP time and rescued her from drowning in a river. She's only a week old and they have no idea where she came from.

Does that all make sense?

Edited by Booo

Ah, ok. That makes more sense. But how would they find Dianora's cave, if nobody knows where it is? Maybe Dianora could go wandering...

Also, random side note, why do you always talk in grey? It makes it sort of harder to see, but I was just curious...

They might just be lucky enough to find it. They could be exploring another cave but maybe a wall collapses that reveals where she lives. Or she could wander...it will probably be determined by the RP.

I use grey because it makes it easier to locate posts that are mine (some formats don't have avatars or sigs) and silver is too hard to see so grey is the next best thing. Also other people are doing it so why not? happy.gif

I posted with Scratch. I am very sorry to not have posted before. I will try to be around more, but since Canada Day is in less than a week, I can't make any promises until afterward.

Edit: Scratch is not sure about what he wants to do here. On one hand, he could go with the others and belong, or continue to survive on his own to avoid Evil Crusher. (Since other friendly dragons offer some slight protection and psychological support, as well as to remain in the story, he will choose the former)

He will also have to interact with the other hatchlings; he never really said anything to the others en-route.

Edited by Coryn02

Well, maybe Scratch could be hanging around between the forest and the mountains? That way, it's likely they'd find him while journeying to the gem cave.

I think it's most likely that Dianora will wander. After all, she's a very curious little dragon (and quite a handful!) and loves exploring. Maybe, though, they find her in the gem cave?

I am now using purple. *smiles at everyone* I like purple.

Scratch is also with group xd.png along with Artemis, Sky, Quorran, Crusher, Quinn, and Irah.

I don't necessarily object the gem cave idea but it might cut their journey a bit short.

Something I thought could be interesting (and this is purely inspired by the RP) is that since her egg was laid during EC's uprising her godparent could cast an 'ancient spell' on her egg making her hatch and mature faster than normal so she'd be ready to fight him before things get worse. This would have a few side-effects including her retaining that child like curiosity, even as an adult.

That would work, but my idea was her being raised by Olives... Or some other, inconspicuous breed that nobody would ever think of looking to for an Avatar egg. So it probably would have been her mother who cast the spell.

Well, Dianora will be wandering. As hard as it is to evade a cave-full of watchful Olives, you can be sure that Dianora has found at least one secret pathway, or a way to bribe one of them into looking the other way at the right time. As well as being intensely curious and having lots of powers, she is also quite intelligent and resourceful.

Some side effects of the spell... Well, obviously she would only mature faster in body, so she would be a hatchling in an adult's body. That would be scary, and confusing, and maybe she wouldn't have full control of her fast-growing powers? She would have to learn to control them. The idea of having her with Olives, or another non-magic breed, was to have the fun of her learning to use the powers by herself (or maybe with the help of the group). Maybe another side-effect might be something like an extra power, or an extra sense, that would be particularly useful against EC?

Another idea is that the spell that speeds her maturing is activated/sped up by the presence of a magic dragon. I believe that there is at least one Magi in the group?

This is going to be difficult seeing as we have very different views of how this should play out.......mainly I'm against a non-magic breed raising for the reasons I stated before. We assume that because she's an avatar she's very powerful (or at least more so than other breeds) so I think it would make more sense if she were taught by someone who's practiced magic all their life...maybe gotten their hands on some magicians books. But despite this they'll never have the power that she has. So her magic + their knowledge = death of Evil Crusher. Get my drift?

btw I appreciate that you're always active. smile.gif Kinda wish more people were here...

Well, I'm here. I've just been lurking around for the opportunity to reply. tongue.gif

EDIT: I suppose I've just gotta wait for LLD.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Well, that'd be too quick in my opinion. It's always more fun when the 'hero' or 'saviour' has their own problems, like learning to control their powers. And anyway, some of the dragons in the group have some (or more than some) magic ability, I assume?

If you really think we need some 'epic magical knowlegde' (That sounds cool xd.png), I have an idea. Perhaps The GoN (the first one) hid some magic knowledge away somewhere? She might have known about - or at least guessed at - the coming and effect of Evil Crusher, so maybe she hid some riddles that only an Avatar (and her friends) would understand.

In fact, it's likely that Dianora would have got herself in trouble. Perhaps once the group gets to the cave, they decide to stay there for the night because of the snow outside, and Dianora is lost? They could hear her making some noise, maybe she encounters some kind of animal. The group, likely minus Zeditha as she would prefer to stay in her cave, would go and help her, defeat the animal, and go back to the cave for Zeditha. Then, there is some kind of riddle in the cave... And only Dianora recognises it.

Well, either way, the group have to find Dianora, and then get to the gem cave. There lies a clue, marking the beginning of a path to the magical knowledge stored away by The GoN. Then, of course, they have to work out the meaning of the words, figure out how to use it, figure out how to control it, etc. And on top of that, everyone is checking over their shoulders for Evil Crusher...

Just an idea, of course. Now I've put down the idea, I really like it xd.png who else does? We can vote?

Edited by Zeditha

I'm sure there'd be some self-discovery but my idea came from the fact that she could put herself in danger unless someone experienced teaches her how to control it. Being an expert doesn't mean they know everything though.

And yes, Irah and Quinn are the only ones in the group who haven't matured and discovered their ability.

The problem with riddles is we have to write them........I'm bound to fail.

Dream_Dragon: The number of players is fine for now (thanks!) but it's only me and Zeditha who are tossing this idea back and forth. Also hope LLD comes back, I offered to take Good Crusher but now I don't think I'd do him justice.

Edited by Booo

I'll make some riddles then... Except that, then, my dragons would already know exactly what they meant. And my dragons are the ones who need to figure it out.

Perhaps we could 'hire' someone to make riddles for us? xd.png I have a friend... two, in fact, one of whom I know is already on DC. I'll ask them if they'd like to make some riddles for the RP, if that's OK?

Too soon I think. If the RP continues at this rate we won't see Dianora for a looooooong time. Also it looks like Evil Crusher only became relevant around page 550 so we've got a ways to go.

Well, that'd be too quick in my opinion. It's always more fun when the 'hero' or 'saviour' has their own problems, like learning to control their powers. And anyway, some of the dragons in the group have some (or more than some) magic ability, I assume?

I agree, might be too quick. Perhaps she could learn a thing or two from the group that she was never taught so it goes both ways.

Edited by Booo

Here~

Username: RavenTheMinx

Name: Alamear (al-uh-mere)

Type/Breed: Whiptail

Power: not really any power? -im not sure tongue.gif-

Personality: Alamear is somewhat arrogant, but true to the cause he believes is right, the resistance. Lively, he almost can't stop moving, along with being a

bit too determined.

Appearance: alamear is a matured hatchling, not sporting all his good-looks quite yet, and quite tiny compared to his adult self. Being a light brown, with icy marking from his head, to his tail.

Age/Stage: Matured hatchling.

History: Alamear, was a abandoned egg that was never picked up, fortunate enough to meet the small clan of hatchlings, alamear named himself to fit in. (not much history.. eh)

Extra: nothing here?~ I guess ask if you have questions about him?

Username: Neonicfire

Name: Frostaq

Type/Breed: White

Power: She has magic abilities but she can not revive the dead.

Personality: Cheery, loving, and sensitive.

Appearance: Pure white, wields a stick.

Age/Stage: Adult.

History: Abandoned, she met the hatchlings and join them.

Extra: Pacifist, she hates seeing gore.

Here~

Username: RavenTheMinx

Name: Alamear (al-uh-mere)

Type/Breed: Whiptail

Power: not really any power? -im not sure tongue.gif-

Personality: Alamear is somewhat arrogant, but true to the cause he believes is right, the resistance. Lively, he almost can't stop moving, along with being a

bit too determined.

Appearance: alamear is a matured hatchling, not sporting all his good-looks quite yet, and quite tiny compared to his adult self. Being a light brown, with icy marking from his head, to his tail.

Age/Stage: Matured hatchling.

History: Alamear, was a abandoned egg that was never picked up, fortunate enough to meet the small clan of hatchlings, alamear named himself to fit in. (not much history.. eh)

Extra: nothing here?~ I guess ask if you have questions about him?

Powers don't have to be magic, he can just whip his enemies.

Approved! smile.gif

Username: Neonicfire

Name: Frostaq

Type/Breed: White

Power: She has magic abilities but she can not revive the dead.

Personality: Cheery, loving, and sensitive.

Appearance: Pure white, wields a stick.

Age/Stage: Adult.

History: Abandoned, she met the hatchlings and join them.

Extra: Pacifist, she hates seeing gore.

Can you go into detail about her magic abilities? I assume healing? And what are the setbacks?

Edited by Booo