sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

*is lurking* A question I deemed best for Sharkling since she gave me and dust the permission to be approvers. However due to no reply all this time, for now I suppose you can. However make it strongly known that commitment is wanted. As everyone can see the RP is nearly if not dead with the lack of it. We need a post at least every other day.

I post as often as I see a relevant reply. I check the forum every day, normally every hour or so, excepting at night. (european time, of course.)

I'm not the problem xd.png

If so then nope your not lol. And thanks for showing some commitment ^^ something seriously lacking for this RP.

Hm...Seems everyone's either busy or disappeared. How sad...

If this RP ever picks up again I have an idea for what (or who) our group could be looking for. It might be enough to entice people back to the RP (or you might think it's stupid) but I'll post a bit about it if anyone shows interest.

I'll start off by saying it's NOT a crystal or weapon.

Edited by Booo

Ooh, a new character then? I was always lurking just around the corner, by the way. I check everything that gets a new post that I follow, or looks interesting wink.gif

Anyway, I think it's a good idea.

Yeah, a GoN. I was inspired by reading the RP and the GoN's description. Basically her story starts when Evil Crusher first began to take control over the land. Her parents who were very ill knew what type of power the unborn dragon possessed so they hid the egg in a cave located deep in the mountains in hopes that one day the GoN would restore peace. Since the day she hatched she was raised by a close friend of her fathers who helped her come to realize her destiny.

So yeah that's a start. The last part might be a bit cheesy but you probably know where I'm going with this. Also I noticed I keep saying "she" but that's up to whoever wants to RP him/her. I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by Booo

Go ahead Booo, I haven't been playing much for a long while now; I'm currently in my last year of polytechnic and things are hectic, sorry for the late reply ><"

I'd be happy to RP the GoN! After all, I only have one character in this RP ATM, so it wouldn't be too much work to take on another.

If you want me to make a form or something for her, or 'prove I'm worthy' with some sample RP, that's also fine xd.png

Glad you like it. smile.gif They would have to be major character like Evil Crusher so a sample would be really helpful.

Is Boo leading the RP now?

Gosh I hope not. Last time I was in charge of an RP everything turned to crap. If we're going to do this GoN thing I need at least a few players who can stick around and pitch ideas. I can't do this alone!

Well, I got a bit of an idea for the personality of said dragon. If that dragon's foster parent / godparent / guardian-whatever was a close friend of the GoN's parents, they would choose to raise them well, but would they reveal the truth from the beginning as to her life's circumstances or leave it all out until some exterior factor comes into play?

Another idea was that she'd be raised near some kind of a ruined monastery, so she'd be going to see what is left and wonder about her past. That way she is motivated to try and become apart of with the story she is introduced to.

I doubt she'd be shy; knowing only one dragon all your life is bound to make you curious. She would also have been raised to have control not only over her magic powers but also over her personality, making her an even-tempered dragon who can maintain resolve well.

I am interested in this idea... Perhaps it could be a cooperative effort? I would also like to help out with this. I also wonder why it has to be a GoN again, since the last one kind of ruined the plot.

I may post soon... Maybe. I'll have to look over the current events and see what is applicable.

I doubt their godparent would reveal the truth from the beginning. They would have to find out eventually but they wouldn't be able to comprehend it at such a young age. Once he/she starts to mature they'd probably begin to question why their "different" and who their real parents were and that's when it would start to unfold.

They might meet a few dragons when they go on hunting trips but their godparent would keep them hidden for the most part in fear that Evil Crusher might find them and kill them on the spot. The monastery could also be interesting. Maybe some people worship these dragons seeing as they're so rare.

I chose GoN for a few reasons. Their description caught my attention.

Seen very rarely, it is thought that they only become active when something is threatening the territory they have chosen to guard.

Also their considered the most powerful in game (I think). It's the only dragon that has a chance of going up against Evil Crusher face to face. I would love if this were a cooperative effort, it won't happen unless there's enough people interested. So please post your thoughts, I won't judge. smile.gif

Edited by Booo

I have a major idea.

She shouldn't be a GoN. She should be an Avatar of Change. Just check out the wiki! They're doing an update on GoNs!

I could tell you all about it, but it's simpler to link to this page.

The reason I chose Avatar of Change is that one, they're new and therefore cool xd.png and two, We want the situation to change. An avatar of Destruction would be somewhat a stupid idea for being a good guy, and an avatar of Creation... Well, we son't want a new situation, I guess. ;P

In fact, another idea. We could release all three! I'll type up a new history as my 'sample' RP if the idea is a good one and you guys like it.

Edited by Zeditha

I thought of them also. Their "unique" magic could make for an interesting plot, we would also have to change the backstory a little if we plan on using it.

I think releasing all three would be too overwhelming.

Okay. Do you want me to type up a new backstory for you, as my 'sample' RP and for an Avatar of Change?

Oh and should we call them AoC now? or AoCh, and AoCr. AoD would be obvious. Just to make them like GoNs xd.png

I'm still wavering if GoN is the better choice but if you have an idea for a different backstory then go ahead. AoC or AoCh works so I don't see why not.

Coryn: You said the last GoN Ruined the plot, how so?

I'll just write it now xd.png This isn't my actual RP style, for the most part, but it should be interesting. For lack of specified names, I'll call the young AoCh Dianora.

Dianora scampered into her cave and curled up, ducking beneath the red-eyed blackbird that had been chasing her. With a squeak, she ran into another part of the cave and curled up against another dragon. Anyone watching would have seen a strange sight: A mature hatchling Avatar of Change, one of the four most powerful dragon types in existence, curling up against a plain Olive dragon. The dragon curled around the hatchling, extending its poison spikes, and the bird speared itself on them. It started to rot, and fell of entirely at a brief brush from the Olive's tail as the dragon uncurled. "You need to be more careful, little one," she rasped gently, speaking to the hatchling in front of her. "No more chasing birds in that monastery."

"But why?" whined Dianora. Then, a cheeky gleam caught in her eye. "I found something," she said, in a mysterious tone.

The Olive sighed. "What was it this time?" she asked wearily, avoiding the first question.

The hatchling stopped being mysterious. "Pictures," she said. "Stone pictures. I didn't know what they were, and I was looking at them when that bird flew at me." She bounced up and danced a few steps towards the cave's entrance. "I'll show you!"

With another - faked - sigh, the Olive followed.

They soon reached the place. It was deep within the monastery, inside one of the few buildings that hadn't been reduced to walls and rubble after the earthquakes. The room was covered in simple, swirling decorations, and one wall was made of pure, white marble, intricately carved and painted to show different pictures. The Olive looked carefully at it all, and then slowly turned to face Dianora. "Dianora," she said slowly, "The time has come for me to tell you something. A story. But an important one." Cutting short the hatchling's curious reply with a tail movement, she began to speak, tapping the pictures with her tail whenever she began to talk of the next one.

"Once, long ago, the world was beautiful. Humans, elves, and dragons lived together in peace, and disasters were unheard of.

But then, evil beings came. Nobody knows where they came from, how they got here, or where or even if they left, but they whispered evil lies into the minds of all the three races alike. Wars began. The elves fled into their forests, where they slowly dwindled into extinction. But the humans and dragons fought, long and hard. The dragons burned and killed the humans, and the humans trapped and enslaved the dragons. The land shook, and lava spouted. But the dragons and humans continued to fight, too consumed by the hatred fed to them by the evil beings to even notice the earth's warnings.

"But then, just when all hope of peace seemed futile, three eggs arose. These were the Ice, Thunder and Magma dragons, and together, they used their powers to summon the Guardian of Nature. The Guardian of Nature, once she grew, banished all the evil beings and restored peace and order to the dragons and humans. The three dragons who had summoned her took mates, and soon they were as plentiful as any other breed. But the Guardian stood alone, caring for the land as any dragon would a mate. She helped any creature, dragon, human, or animal, who came to her. And many did; she was regarded as the wisest dragon in the land. Great monasteries, such as this one, were built to her, and the land flourished once more.

"The Guardian of Nature outlived all dragons, even the most long-lived of breeds. But even she died, and all creatures mourned her. They thought all hope was lost, and even the very earth trembled at her passing, creating the earthquakes which brought down most of the monasteries created in her honour. Few of the graceful buildings survived. But not all was over. Each Magma, Thunder and Ice dragon sought a group. They massed into threes, and each group summoned another Guardian of Nature egg. One egg was taken to each city or cave, to watch over and guide the people who lived there.

"These Guardians, although not quite as powerful as the first, were also worshipped as fallen gods. Despite their powers, they were also shorter-lived. Whenever a Guardian of Nature was to die, they would fly to the mountain where the first of their kind had lived. There, they returned their powers to the earth before they died, so that a new Guardian could recieve those powers to protect the people."

The Olive dragon turned from the last picture, and looked at Dianora. "This balance lasted many years. Dragons and humans were mainly happy, although disasters struck occasionally, since the death of the First Guardian. But since then, a few things have changed..."

"A dragon named Evil Crusher stole the powers from one Guardian as she was returning her powers to the earth. He now has her powers, and he is using them to enslave the dragons. Outside of our hidden cave here, it is dangerous because of him to fly. Any dragon whom he sees fly is captured, tortured, and then killed. If it weren't for Good Crusher - a powerful dragon, but not a Guardian - Evil Crusher would have completely taken over by now. As it is, some hope remains. But Evil Crusher is slowly winning. You are the only hope left."

"Me?" squeaked Dianora incredulously, butting in. "But I'm just a hatchling, and only an Olive! How am I going to defeat a Guardian's powers?"

The Olive smiled. "But darling, you're not an Olive."

This information sent Dianora reeling. She scampered backwards, then examined herself. She was brightly coloured, not the dark green of any other Olive. "But..." she said finally, voice shaking, "What am I?"

The Olive continued. "The Guardians had never before taken mates, but since Evil Crusher stole the powers, they have. But no Guardians have arisen from bred eggs: No, three new eggs came. They were - are - Avatars of Change, Avatars of Creation, and Avatars of Destruction. Evil Crusher heard of the eggs, and all were quickly destroyed. Except one - you. You are an Avatar of Change, and all hope for this world rests on you."

I hope this is good... smile.gif And I hope I was accurate with everything there. If I'm wrong, please tell me and I'll edit it ;P

Edited by Zeditha

Not your style? Well it's good none the less. I like how you described the monastery and the storytelling. However there are a few things that don't quite make sense, I'll make a list so it's easier to read.
  • Dragons can still fly but it's much more dangerous at night
  • I doubt Evil Crusher would try to kill the AoD, they could join forces
  • There have been no elves in this RP as far as I'm aware
I also had another idea. What if the AoCh is the offspring of Grezeshal, the GoN previously Rp'd by LLD? It would require input from LLD but it would save us from writing about another character. Edited by Booo

The idea was that they were obviously powerful eggs, and they would probably try to stop him and maybe be able to if they were allowed to hatch. Nobody knew exactly what they were except the GoNs, who would have told the Olive for the purpose of this story.

I thought dragons couldn't fly at all. ~ Well, thanks for telling me, and I've changed it slightly.

The elves wouldn't have been in the RP. They came so far before anything that they're sort of just 'decoration' for the story, and since they basically killed themselves through the dark creatures, they're not important.

It doesn't really matter who Dianora's GoN parent is, after all many eggs were laid, it's just that only her egg was saved from destruction. So any GoN would be fine, really, but one who knows about everything told in the story would save the question of where the Olive knows it from. If LLD's GoN knows about all of this, and would have known of some caves near a ruined monastery, then that solves any matter of who the hatchling's parent is. smile.gif

Also, does anyone have an objection to me calling the AoCh Dianora? Nobody has named her yet, and if anyone else wants her they can obvoiusly rename her.

Hey guys, I've noticed that you guys seem to be trying to start up the rp again, so if you need anything just let me know. I will try to check on this often just in case you guys want things changed on the OP.

Sorry for my random disappearance yet again. My computer officially died on me.

Edited by rainface

Sorry for disappearing, LOTS of year end stuff going on right now. Glad to see you back rainface! You can help develop our next major character if you'd like.

Zeditha: You're right about eggs; Evil Crusher probably wouldn't want to take the chance. But according to the wiki the avatars are uncommon so I guess their not as 'special' as we had hoped. Not that we need to follow any rules...

Well, they require a GoN, but otherwise they're infinite simply through breeding. And you're right, rules of commonness are disregardable within RPs.

They might be somewhat common, but all the other eggs were killed, right? So if Dianora is the only avatar alive, then... She's kinda rare. Or am I mistaken?

I'm assuming Dianora is a good name for her.

Well one thing about Evil Crusher is he does not care to enslave others, nor does he care about power, he thrives on the chaos he can bring. Remember, should a threat show its self able to be a magor threat to even him, he will alter his activity's to either corrupt the force to working for him with a deal, or he may even team up with the good guys to deal with it.

Again, he has not thirst for power, no thirst for being on top, just to create chaos and enjoy others pain. But enslaving is not in his goals.

As for my GoN in the RP, are you suggesting she might be a forgotten god parent or something of the new dragon?

(Just skimmed through everything, bit tight on time atm)

Edited by little lost dragon

Almost. The idea is that your dragon would be Dianora's real mother, but she gave Dianora's egg to a group of Olives in a hidden, faraway cave so that she would be safe from Evil Crusher.

If Evil Crusher thrives on Chaos, then he probably wouldn't like the Avatars. After all, I see them as good, evil and neutral; one on either end and one in the middle. Together, they would bring order. If Evil Crusher has a GoN's powers, he would probably be able to tell this, and so he would have the egs destroyed. Plus, by publicly making a show of destroying the eggs of the most powerful dragon race in existence, the other dragons would panic. And of course, panic = chaos. Of course, this is just my opinion, but am I about right?

I don't think Olives will work. They're too small and wouldn't be able to survive at such a high latitude. They also don't possess any magic that I'm aware of. If I RP her godparent then I would go with a Magi or Black dragon.

We could say that the odds are for every four eggs laid one is an avatar, and since GoN's are SUPER rare I think it's safe to say that she's rare where the story takes place.

May I ask how you thought of the name or is it random?

LLD: The point is that Evil Crusher would destroy the avatar eggs before they have the chance to become a threat.

I'm thinking that what could happen is the Magi/Black would show up during the attack and rescue the last egg before Evil Crusher even notices it. Grazashal would be under the impression that it was destroyed along with the others.

Edited by Booo