TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

You can have 4 eggs and 8 hatchies at the same time, makes 12 items together.

If you have 4 eggs, you can still snatch 8 more hatchies from the AP.

I just had a question in mind...

Will multi-clutches be possible again?

Especially because of the egg limit, it feels somewhat better if you breed your dragons and produce up to 4 eggs instead of just 1.

You can have 4 eggs and 8 hatchies at the same time, makes 12 items together.

If you have 4 eggs, you can still snatch 8 more hatchies from the AP.

I just had a question in mind...

Will multi-clutches be possible again?

Especially because of the egg limit, it feels somewhat better if you breed your dragons and produce up to 4 eggs instead of just 1.

Oh wow...that's awesome! We'll be able to hoard even more dragons! lol.

I'd immagien multi-clutches will be more common right when that comes out at least, but maybe not super common like it used to be.l

with the new egg limits I think we need the multiclutches back, I mean people will be allowed to pick up a lot more dragons now.

Thanksgiving's never been celebrated on DC, so there is a good chance that there won't be special dragons dropped for the occasion.

The "plans" that are in place are probably more along the lines of the Easter Egg Hunt/TOT.

At least that's what I'm hoping, because I'm expecting to be locked for quite a while tongue.gif

Sock promised that Thanksgiving wouldn't be anything too time consuming. I think that rules out anything Festival of Eggs/ToT style, and probably a new release as well. So I have NO IDEA what's coming on Thanksgiving, but there will be something. Something from off the list would be nice, but we won't know until next week what it's going to be!

I wish we had some kind of time frame. At least something like, "X needs less testing than Y, so it'll probably come out sooner." Or something. xd.png

I've come to a conclusion: It is taking so long because once again TJ a.k.a. "Kip" has been kidnaped by his grandfather and is being held hostage so that none of these ideas can be finished. It is now time for the Kip Rescue Team to re-assemble and rescue our beloved Kip. For the sake of all DC! RAINBOW RAPIDASH TO THE RESCUE!

I concur! I can't wait for these features and the fact that they're -almost ready- yet we've heard nothing indicates to me that something is amiss. Kip Rescue Team, away!

*rides off on rainbow Stantler*

I seem to be a little late, but despite all these speculations above I'm looking forward to any changes whatsoever whensoever biggrin.gif

TJ, may I worship you? Please? Because you deserve to have an altar upon which tofurkey is sacrificed, you truly do. laugh.gif

C'mon, people, couldn't we just play a bit with our pets or go for a walk instead of stalking this thread and freaking out whenever the Cave lags a bit? xd.png

TJ announced that they'll be implemented, and they will. Spending days and nights here won't make him implement them any sooner than he intends to mean.

*is being cuddled by cats*

But I like stalking this thread and freaking out whenever the Cave lags a bit! ninja.gif

I also like refreshing my Magis' and Purples' action pages in anticipation! And randomly trying to grab an egg from the AP when I have four! tongue.gif

Probably the cave would need to be taken down for implementing of new stuuf wouldn´t it? I mean this list must be a major change to coding?

its all already finished being coded, and he's probably already tested it all. (testing takes place on another server entirely, so even that wouldnt cause lag in the cave.)

the site may not get any downtime whatsoever when he decides to switch to the new cave codings

Edited by ParticleSoup

Well I've got 10 Magis and 10 Purples. I think I'm ready for the new stuff now xd.png

Oh I would love to get more eggies! lol finally talked to son and told him about this

***waiting as patiently as I can while stalking this thread lol***

C'mon, people, couldn't we just play a bit with our pets or go for a walk instead of stalking this thread and freaking out whenever the Cave lags a bit?  xd.png

TJ announced that they'll be implemented, and they will. Spending days and nights here won't make him implement them any sooner than he intends to mean.

But isn't that the point??? Its so fuuuuuuuuun stalking and waiting and freaking out!!!!

ninja.gif

EDIT: OMGOMGOMG the Cave is lagging!!!!!! -shot and eaten by Lagmonster-

Edited by Jaako

Up to 4 eggs/hatchlings can be teleported at a time, but yeah, I don't think hate mail will be an issue, 'cause you can just abandon the new eggs if you don't want them, and besides, who would be sending hate mail?

Who would be sending hate mail, you ask? Good question. Who would be spamming peoples' eggs with excessive views so they get softshell? Who would remove people's eggs and hatchlings from a hatchery (assuming said hatchery permitted people to do it) so they won't get enough views and die?

All of these things are just inexplicable, but I've heard of all of them happening. There's no explaining why some people are jerks. They just are.

Besides which...that assumes that people who send unwanted eggs are intending to be disruptive, which may be an unwarranted assumption. The may mean well, and think they are doing the recipient a favor by sending the eggs, but the recipient may not see it that way if they miss a rare that they otherwise would have been able to grab.

The problem with "just abandoning the new eggs if you don't want them" is that it does nothing to prevent the situation I described. Preventing them from getting on my scroll in the first place (and thus counting against my limit) is much preferable. If, as a previous poster indicated, you can refuse a gift before it gets on your scroll, that will be very good news.

Edited by Aliantha

If, as a previous poster indicated, you can refuse a gift before it gets on your scroll, that will be very good news.

My apologies if I read it wrong, and you weren't actually concerned about this. I'm a bit overtired atm, lol.

From what I understand, there's no 'if' attached. The egg won't just land on your scroll. You'll have to actually accept it. Don't quote me on this, as I don't remember exactly what TJ said back when he put up the mock-up at the beginning of the year. But from what I remember, the sender goes to Teleport the egg, and receives a code. S/he sends that code to the person s/he's gifting to. (How that happens I don't remember exactly.) Then there's a time limit the person has to validate the code, and accept the egg.

What I don't understand is what happens to the egg in the meantime. Does it take up space on the sender's scroll? Or does it go into limbo, until someone claims it? We'll probably have to wait and see how it works out. But I highly doubt that we'll have to worry about 'unwanted gifts'. happy.gif

The problem with "just abandoning the new eggs if you don't want them" is that it does nothing to prevent the situation I described. Preventing them from getting on my scroll in the first place (and thus counting against my limit) is much preferable. If, as a previous poster indicated, you can refuse a gift before it gets on your scroll, that will be very good news.

I'd imagine that the egg(s) being sent would remain on the original scroll until they're accepted by the receiver. Just makes sense to me. unsure.gif

When the time comes, you'll know it, the cave will probably be down for a day or even two! Think to when we had new releases, even just two dragons caused the site to be down for a bit, come back on, and have massive lag. With all of these major changes coming along, don't expect to use them the second they're implanted.

At almost one full week from TJ's original post, do you think anything will be out tonight? My next dates for a possible release would be 11/20/10, 11/21/10 or 11/22/10, all promising number combinations. Just a guess! laugh.gif

We should all just be patient and give TJ time to test everything so that there isn't a big mess when they are finally all implemented smile.gif He was gracious enough to give us these new features! But we can all still stalk the thread xd.png

When the time comes, you'll know it, the cave will probably be down for a day or even two! Think to when we had new releases, even just two dragons caused the site to be down for a bit, come back on, and have massive lag. With all of these major changes coming along, don't expect to use them the second they're implanted.

Funny, I don't remember the cave being down for new releases, but then I may be having a senior moment wink.gif

Halloween it went down because TJ forgot to put descriptions on the eggs.

As for site updates? BSA's have been added without downtime, so It will be minimal if at all.

Why does everyone think the cave will go down?

If you are hoping that will be the indication, I wouldn't count on it. Spam occurring in Site discussion would be a better indicator, and a new news thread a dead giveaway rolleyes.gif

C'mon, people, couldn't we just play a bit with our pets or go for a walk instead of stalking this thread and freaking out whenever the Cave lags a bit?  xd.png

TJ announced that they'll be implemented, and they will. Spending days and nights here won't make him implement them any sooner than he intends to.

Don't look at me! I've been doing something useful--I've been visiting the Dragonnery and going on clicking sprees between refreshes! That counts, doesn't it? tongue.gif

On Teleport, do we know what'll happen if the egg isn't accepted? I'm assuming we'll lose the Teleport useage until after the cooldown period, but will the egg default back to the sender's scroll or get sent to the AP?

Experience will be an indicator! *refreshes new BSA dragon pages again*

Patience? Sure. But I can be eager at the same time! *checks the main cave* *checks abandoned page* *goes off to get some choco milk and watch some TV*

Not that I want to be a wet blanket, but there were several months between TJ telling us about releasing, incubate, and other things being planned for the site, and their being implemented on the site. These could be implemented any time between next week, and next (2011) Christmas (or later).

But it says right there on the first page that SOME of these COULD be implemented by Early December...

ETA: How do I get the codes for the new Cave Back When badge?

Edited by oddsoxdi