TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I hope we get the new egg limits first smile.gif I'll be happy with anything but that's my favorite new feature!! And I'm close to 500 so more eggs YAY!

huh.gif All the eggs in the cave are lined up on the left side of the screen now. I wonder if that means anything?

And hear, hear, Basil! I'm planning to give several of my yulebuck and snow angel eggs to specific people this year, but if it turns out I can't because of teleport, I'm not about to let the breeding opportunity go to waste. I'm sure whoever gets them will be very happy, even if I don't know who they are. And as far as dropping other rares goes, with teleport I'll be able to give them to the people I've already promised them to much faster, both because they won't get lost and because they won't grow up before I manage to be on at the same time as the person I'm giving them to. The faster I get to the point where I don't owe the rares I'm breeding to anybody, the sooner I'll be able to drop them randomly to the AP.

I would have used Teleport this year to distribute my Pumpkins to newbies, but, of course, I had to do it the old fashioned way. Thankfully, they went through okay.

But if Teleport doesn't come in for Christmas, I don't think newbies will have too much trouble obtaining Yulebucks or Snow Angels, at least if last year is anything to go on. The AP was positively overflowing with Yulebucks. Since we can only ever have two, you don't have to worry about people hoarding them. I'll probably just breed mine and dump them to the AP. Depends on the breeding window -- if it's exactly seven days, I'll breed them and dump them -- if not, I'll give it a day or two and see how much difficulty people are having acquiring them and specially direct them to newbies if it's ridiculously hard.

It's Hollies that are complicated.

Wow early december? I hope for new scroll limit!

Yep, then we won't have to drop everything to catch Holiday eggs smile.gif

Yep, then we won't have to drop everything to catch Holiday eggs smile.gif

yeah that was my thought too!

Without wishing to be the voice of doom (sorry) TJ doesn't actually say all these new things will be implemented in early December. He says some of the may be implemented. Thus, they equally may not.

I really hope they are, but I'd hate for people to get their hopes up and then get upset if they don't actually appear in early December.

Early December? That's just in time for when i'm gonna start coming here again! Just popped in to see how things are goin'.

EDIT: If Teleport gets Implanted on December 1st then that will be my official lovely online birthday gift.

Edited by Soruc The Dragon

Early December? Sweeeet~

I guess this'll be an early Christmas gift from Teej to us, eh?

I know for certain I'll be able to bring the numbers on my purples and magis before then. *waits patiently to breed her draggies again and starts trying to nab other eggs*

Please be Teleport, please be Teleport, please be Teleport...

Personally I hope it'll be December 12 since that's MY birthday!! But I'll not turn my nose up at any other date! Egg limits and Rename are awesome but I'll be glad for anything. <Chews nails and goes back to work.>

Well luckily the new MCR CD came out a week early online so I will have something to obsess over while waiting for the new stuff. biggrin.gif

Still can't wait for new Egg Limits though! laugh.gif

Please be Teleport, please be Teleport, please be Teleport...

I'll second that. It would be so nice to actually be able to gift for Christmas. *crosses fingers* Increase limits would be awesome too since it will give people extra slots to stash their gifts. *crosses fingers and goes back to waiting*

Is there a clarification already, whether AP trading will be stopped when the magi BSA goes into action?

I'm actually much more interested in Renaming, rather than Teleport or even the new Egg/Total limits.

Well, I believe TJ is giving us gifts for Thanksgiving! These are all super awesome things going on, and I also like the new egg setup on the page.

I'm guessing Fertility would likely be something that would affect the next breeding on the scroll following activation?

It would seem the simplest way to do it, and would also avoid the issue of people having to search out the intended breeder twice on a lengthier scroll.

Marvelous to think that soon we'll have something that might help our often rather recalcitrant dragons to produce more often for people waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

Though I'm still hoping for the expanded scroll spots first.

It might only give people like me one more egg spot, but the extra hatchie spaces will be SUCH a wonderful thing...

(Does kinda suck new people will be cut back one space, though.)

Although the number of renames I need to do keeps endlessly growing, as I continually forget to add the identifying tag that's supposed to alert me to home-breds so I can watch for inbreeding - even though I've been doing so little naming.

(Yes, greedy me will also continue to hope that someday soon we'll be able to access lineages from breeding pages, so we can check for such things...)

But so many wonderful things to look forward to!

Thank you SO MUCH, TJ!

Are we getting a patience BSA someday?

I could really use one...

I'm probably most excited about Teleport because that means I can start trading and gifting, something I've held off on a bit.

All the other features sound so brilliant! More egg slots is always appreciated, and I'm actually locked with hatchies at this moment. laugh.gif

I'm also really happy about the refusals being taken off the breeding list. There have been so many times when I have been trying to find partners for my dragons and clicked on one that has refused before. And then I have to wait another week to try again!

Well, it would be absolutely fabulous if these came out soon, but I don't mind waiting for the total awesomeness! biggrin.gif

All I can say is: BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!!!!