TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

This is a historic time for the Cave. :3

We must commemorate it with silly banners!

Biome banner:

user posted image

Rare x Rare:

user posted image

The Change (Teleport/Fertility):

user posted image

Dragon Cave B.C.:

user posted image

And a leetle BC shield:user posted image

I love you so much right now. And TJ and everyone.

Biome banner:

user posted image

Rare x Rare:

user posted image

The Change (Teleport/Fertility):

user posted image

Dragon Cave B.C.:

user posted image

And a leetle BC shield:user posted image

Lol! I love the first one laugh.gif

Biome banner:

user posted image

[IMG=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/cokeisnice/InMyDay.gif]

This is awesome. xd.png I lol'd. Hard.

now this is amazing!im saving all these banners in my drafts..noe you can ALL say"I remember when"!!LOL!!

Rockin' On

Biome banner:

user posted image

[IMG=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/cokeisnice/InMyDay.gif]

Rare x Rare:

user posted image

[IMG=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/cokeisnice/RarexRare.gif]

These are epic. biggrin.gif

*shakes cane* Now get off my lawn!

biggrin.gif

A bit weirded out by the egg/hatchling limit changes, though. If I have a gold badge, does this mean I can have 7 eggs and 14 hatchlings at a time, or 21 hatchlings, but not 8 eggs?

Btw, thanks for the new BSAs. I really think they're more important than adding more new dragon types.. Certainly more entertaining.

Edited by Chess Tyrant

A bit weirded out by the egg/hatchling limit changes, though. If I have a gold badge, does this mean I can have 7 eggs and 14 hatchlings at a time, or 21 hatchlings, but not 8 eggs?

I think it's that you can have a max of 7 eggs, or a total of 21 growing dragons on your scroll. That could either be 7 eggs and 14 hatchlings, or 21 hatchlings, or any combination in between so long as you don't exceed either 7 eggs or 21 growing dragons.

I think it's that you can have a max of 7 eggs, or a total of 21 growing dragons on your scroll. That could either be 7 eggs and 14 hatchlings, or 21 hatchlings, or any combination in between so long as you don't exceed either 7 eggs or 21 growing dragons.

Earthquake much? laugh.gif

Edit: I don't suppose we'll be left with an option to view all the biomes combined, or something? I mean, just for browsing; I like looking at a full AP, picking and choosing eggs or waiting for something interesting to appear, and only being able to view a quarter of the AP would mess that up.. Dunno if this is viable, but it's an interesting proposition to mention.

Edited by Chess Tyrant

Earthquake much?  laugh.gif

Or incubating.

It lets you have one full set of eggs, one set of freshly-hatched hatchlings and one set of hatchlings that's almost but not entirely ready to grow up.

I'm excited. :3

Edit:

Holy butternut squash Batman.

21 hatchling lock.

Epiclock just took on a whole new meaning.

Edited by Stromboli

Feel free to double-check your calendar if you don't believe me, but no, it's not April 1st yet. And pinch yourself all you wish, you're not dreaming. These features are really happening. That said, these features are not yet available. (Which might seem obvious, but who knows?)

Egg/Hatchling Limits

Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total

Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total

Fertility

Purple BSA increases the chance of whatever dragon you choose breeding successfully.

Does not alter the chance of getting a specific breed of egg.

Two week cooldown

Locations

Eggs split up into different biomes

Fewer people viewing each biome means fewer people vying for each individual egg.

Want a water-based dragon? Chances are you'll find them near the beach. Tropical dragons? In a jungle.

Rares will show up in all biomes.

Rare x Rare breeding

Breed gold x gold, gold x silver, or gold x holiday (Or any other combination of rares except holiday x holiday)

gold x gold has the same chance of producing a gold egg as gold x pink, so this won't make rares super-easy to get.

Refusals in breeding list

Once a pair has refused, it will cease to show up on the breeding page.

This will work for all pairs that have refused each other since June 14, 2010.

Renaming

Unlimited, you can rename your dragon as much as you wish.

Currently no option to remove a name, only replace it.

S1 Freezing

Whatever stage you freeze in is where it stays

Existing frozen hatchlings will not be affected.

I may release a tool that lets people take existing "S1 frozen" hatchlings (which are accomplished merely by low views) and "convert" them to proper S1 frozens.

Scroll Pages

Each user sets how many dragons they wish to view per-page.

User setting is applied for all scrolls that user views.

Teleport

Magi BSA provides 2-way trading or 1-way transferring

Up to four eggs/hatchlings at a time

Vampire Lineages

Vampire eggs (and up) show what dragon bit them.

Vampire dragons show what eggs they have bitten.

Existing lineage is unaffected.

Timeframe: None right now, but everything is done being coded.

Topic Reminder:

Earthquake much?  laugh.gif

Incubate's an option, but yeah I do foresee Earthquake getting a lot more use once the new egg/hatchling limits get introduced.

Edit: I don't suppose we'll be left with an option to view all the biomes combined, or something? I mean, just for browsing; I like looking at a full AP, picking and choosing eggs or waiting for something interesting to appear, and only being able to view a quarter of the AP would mess that up.. Dunno if this is viable, but it's an interesting proposition to mention.

I don't think the AP is going to be affected. The main cave is going to be split up into multiple biomes, but there will still only be one AP, I believe.

I get the impression the AP will still be one big combined area (since that's really someplace we're leaving things, not where their parents are naturally producing them), and it'll just be the main page itself that's split into biomes.

Edit: ninja.gif 'd

Edited by bionelly

Now I'm in such a rush to get 501 dragons on my scroll, but I know it's going to be so worth it in the end. tongue.gif

As soon as we are able to re-name, I am. I have so many dragons I want to re-name. The poor souls have been plagued long enough! xd.png

has TJ stated what would happen if someone had already tried a Rare x rare and got a refusal? Will they dislike each other even though rare x rare is allowed now?

has TJ stated what would happen if someone had already tried a Rare x rare and got a refusal? Will they dislike each other even though rare x rare is allowed now?

At a guess, there'll be the same chance that a rareXrare pair will refuse as any other pairing. So it will certainly happen, just only as much as it will happen to any other two dragons.

At a guess, there'll be the same chance that a rareXrare pair will refuse as any other pairing. So it will certainly happen, just only as much as it will happen to any other two dragons.

So I could try again and see if the refusal was just because of forbidden rare x rare?

So I could try again and see if the refusal was just because of forbidden rare x rare?

Check TJ's post - when these changes come online (they aren't yet) actual refusals after a certain date (June something) will disappear from the breeding list. So if it was an actual refusal, then it won't show up again.