TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

still, it'll probably be harder to get a rare from the abandoned egg area dry.gif

I know I am not going to get into the shenanigans of trying to breed my metalics for specific people. Most of what my golds and silvers breed will still be going to the AP. I'm sure there's still going to be some floating around. :3

Plus with rares appearing at random in all of the biomes, fewer people will be grabbing for a given rare at once. Chances of getting CB rares should be a little better.

i'm hoping with the biomes i may actually be able to get a few CBs myself that i've been hunting for. (a black in specific.)

early december, huh? hopefully that one's incubate

We already have incubate, it is the red /fire dragons bsa

from the actions page

"Incubate Warm an egg, allowing it to hatch faster."

Edited by dragonpuck

i'm hoping with the biomes i may actually be able to get a few CBs myself that i've been hunting for. (a black in specific.)

Wouldn't exactly count on that. The rares will be just as difficult to find when this gets put in place. Just because they appear in new areas doesn't make 'em any easier to find. People will find the areas to stalk and they will stalk and snipe.

I want Teleport to be one of the first ones out. I want a magma and thunder already D: And then if I don't get a chance to be on for Christmas, that'd be super AWESOME if someone traded a holiday to me.

It'd make me so much less stressed x3

um. guys? I was just able to breed up three more eggs (and keep them) despite having four hatchlings and two eggs already on my scroll.)

I don't want to get anyone all excited prematurely but OMFG that's never happened before!

I have a bronze trophy if anyone's wondering.

um. guys? I was just able to breed up three more eggs (and keep them) despite having four hatchlings and two eggs already on my scroll.)

I don't want to get anyone all excited prematurely but OMFG that's never happened before!

I have a bronze trophy if anyone's wondering.

thats normal XD

you had 4 hatchies and 2 eggs. breeding 3 eggs to keep means you now have 4 hatchies and 5 eggs putting you at the current 9 growing dragons limit. if you tried to breed any more, they would autoabandon.

Edited by ParticleSoup

Okay so I am a tad slow and don't understand much of this.

Will the new trading system actually let you trade with someone without having it get ninja'd by someone quicker than you?

With the new egg/hatchling limit, like for silver, does 6 eggs/18 total mean that with awesome skills you could possibly at one time have a mix of 18 eggs and hatchlings?

And this one may be old but if two dragons refuse to breed does that mean that they will NEVER breed?

The S1 freezing thing didn't make any sense to me at all. I mean when you freeze a hatchling doesn't it already just stay frozen at the stage you froze it at?

I know I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but would someone be kind enough to answer these questions. I really don't want to read through a hundred pages hoping someone else asked these questions and that someone else answered them.

Thanks

Personally I hope it'll be December 12 since that's MY birthday!! But I'll not turn my nose up at any other date! Egg limits and Rename are awesome but I'll be glad for anything. <Chews nails and goes back to work.>

hehehe my b-day is dec 3rd ^^ that's when I

m, hoping for ^^ plus it'll be 12-3 xd.png

Okay so I am a tad slow and don't understand much of this.

Will the new trading system actually let you trade with someone without having it get ninja'd by someone quicker than you?

With the new egg/hatchling limit, like for silver, does 6 eggs/18 total mean that with awesome skills you could possibly at one time have a mix of 18 eggs and hatchlings?

And this one may be old but if two dragons refuse to breed does that mean that they will NEVER breed?

The S1 freezing thing didn't make any sense to me at all. I mean when you freeze a hatchling doesn't it already just stay frozen at the stage you froze it at?

I know I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but would someone be kind enough to answer these questions. I really don't want to read through a hundred pages hoping someone else asked these questions and that someone else answered them.

Thanks

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. No. If a hatchling if frozen at stage 1 currently, but has enough views to advance to stage 2, it will do so.

Hope that helps. wink.gif

Thank you sooooo much purplehaze! smile.gif

That really helped me out. No wonder two of my dragons never give me eggs. Now I will find them new breeding partners.

I'm glad there is a set trading system now cause I like being able to help breed for people who don't have them yet.

I didn't know about the freezing thing not actually freezing them. I'm glad they are changing this cause I like freezing them at the first stage.

Wouldn't exactly count on that. The rares will be just as difficult to find when this gets put in place. Just because they appear in new areas doesn't make 'em any easier to find. People will find the areas to stalk and they will stalk and snipe.

BUT people will be split up. As hasbeen mentioned before, fewer people will fight over individual eggs because people are split up watching different areas. Very rough example: 10 people stalking the water biome, 10 stalking the jungle; Rare shows up in water biome; the 10 people in the jungle don't even notice, so only 10/20 total people fighting over one egg. Right now, all 20 people are in the same cave, so all 20 people could fight over the egg. Am I making sense? huh.gif

Edited for typo.

Edited by AlternateMew

BUT people will be split up. As hasbeen mentioned before, fewer people will fight over individual eggs because people are split up watching different areas. Very rough I.E. - 10 people stalking the water biome, 10 stalking the jungle; Rare shows up in water biome; thje 10 people in the jungle don't even notice, so only 10/20 total people fighting over one egg. Right now, all 20 people are in the same cave, so all 20 people could fight over the egg. Am I making sense? huh.gif

Rares will show up in all biomes at the same time so all people will have a chance at that rare no matter which biome they are in.

a better one would be 10 people are in the jungle and 10 people are in the water a stripe shows up in the jungle and the 10 people in the jungle are the only ones who can attempt to click on it since a stripe will not show up in the water. so only 10/20 people will be trying to get the stripe.

(i have no idea where stripes will be this is just for analogy purposes lol)

Rares will show up in all biomes at the same time so all people will have a chance at that rare no matter which biome they are in.

a better one would be 10 people are in the jungle and 10 people are in the water a stripe shows up in the jungle and the 10 people in the jungle are the only ones who can attempt to click on it since a stripe will not show up in the water. so only 10/20 people will be trying to get the stripe.

But if I understood the explanation right, that would only apply if all the biomes have a spot open at the same time. So basically, if somebody takes one of the eggs waiting in the water biome at exactly the same time as someone else takes one of the eggs in the jungle biome, then yes, there will still be 20 people fighting over the rare egg that shows up in the newly available spot. However, most of the time the rare will show up in the first biome that has a space open for it, and be taken by one of the 10 people in that biome before anybody takes an egg from the other biome, so the egg will never actually appear there. The thing about rares appearing in all biomes just means that you have an equal chance at finding one no matter what biome you're looking in, but if a rare is next in the queue it won't make common eggs disappear just so that it can show up simultaneously in all biomes.

So really, you'll probably see rares even less often (since most of the time you probably won't be in the biome they show up in first), but when you do see them, you'll have a better shot at actually grabbing them.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by bionelly

Hm. Really? Ah, my bad then, I misinterpreted a bit. I thought them appearing in all biomes simply meant that they could be found in all biomes (as in, a rare would be randomly dropped into one of them), not that the same egg could appear in all at once. Bionelly has a good point too, though.

Unless... we're all just doing speculative guessing and there's no way to tell which way it'll go right now? xd.png Has Sock or someone elaborated?

I'm sorry, but I really don't like the biodomes idea right now. Maybe I will when it comes out. However, it's hard enough for me to steal a dragon atm. I really doubt the domes will make it easier.

I am really excited for all the new features. The Bigger egg count the most. I hate when I get 4-5 eggs the same day and can't do anything for 3 days because I have to wait until they're old enough to name, etc. Plus it'd be nice to get the Christmas ones. They are my fav but I have no hope in getting one of each if I don't have more slots, even if I have a completely open scroll. I'm hoping my the holidays I'll break into my silver so then I should be able to get a few of the holiday ones. :3

Hm. Really? Ah, my bad then, I misinterpreted a bit. I thought them appearing in all biomes simply meant that they could be found in all biomes (as in, a rare would be randomly dropped into one of them), not that the same egg could appear in all at once. Bionelly has a good point too, though.

Unless... we're all just doing speculative guessing and there's no way to tell which way it'll go right now? xd.png Has Sock or someone elaborated?

I seem to remember Sock saying that it worked the way I was describing, maybe 30-ish pages into the thread? Sorry, I didn't save the post, though (and now that I think about it I'm not 100% sure it was Sock. unsure.gif Seems like it was somebody who would know, though.)

I hope the first thing to be implemented before Christmas will be the more egg slots! But I really look forward to all these things....

I think that if i had my preference I would have in order:

1) Increased egg limits Thanksgiving and yes I know it said early December on the post I'm just wishful that way (that way they'll be in place in case there is some sort of Thanksgiving event.

2) Wouldn't it be neat if we received a turkey to place on our scrolls (somewhat like the chicken idea but a big turkey) rather than a new release?

3) Teleport should follow logically the increased limits I think

4) Fertility bsa after that

Everything else include biomes going into the New Year.

I really, really hope I'm right. I'm sooooo scroll-locked right now it would be great to have the increased egg limits for Christmas. Then no worries about space for the new Xmas Dragons. smile.gif

And I'm hoping for the Multi-Clutches being activated again.

With these new features, it would be really nice if Multi-Clutches come back.

And I'm hoping for the Multi-Clutches being activated again.

With these new features, it would be really nice if Multi-Clutches come back.

Since it wasn't mentioned on the initial post I doubt (although I'd love it) that multi-clutches will ever return save for the event dragons in their small window of breeding opportunity each year.