TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

*bounces off of walls in excitement* I can't wait to see what comes out first! Personally, the teleport BSA is high on my list, but that might be because 1) I have no metallics (though to be honest I'm not very good at either finding them or being attentive enough to catch one) and 2) I think it would be nice to have a rather safe way of giving eggs to another member. I've never gifted before, but I might start after the new BSA! biggrin.gif

The egg limit is also a favorite of mine (although I'll have to find more pinks for influencing, more red dragons, etc.), but I'd be happy with just about any of the changes. Thanks again, TJ! smile.gif

Edited by saphirekestrel

I'm sorry, I'm not sure i understand this... What does TJ mean by "Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total"? Does it mean we can get 4 eggs, or 12 eggs?

Sorry for my newb-like question...

I'm sorry, I'm not sure i understand this... What does TJ mean by "Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total"? Does it mean we can get 4 eggs, or 12 eggs?

4 eggs max and/or 12 total eggs + hatchies

4 eggs + up to 8 hatchies - so when you have 4 eggs you can still grab hatchies until you have 12 altogether. Oops ninja.gif d

Edited by fuzzbucket

4/12

You are limited in how many eggs maximum you can have (4) and a limit of both eggs & hatchlings together (12)...so you can have any of these combinations....

0 eggs & 12 hatchlings 0+12=12

1 eggs & 11 hatchlings 1+11=12

2 eggs & 10 hatchlings 2+10=12

3 eggs & 9 hatchlings 3+9=12

4 eggs & 8 hatchlings 4+8=12

If you have a:

bronze trophy badge, then your limits are 5/15

silver trophy badge, then your limits are 6/18

gold trophy badge, then your limits are 7/21

I have to say that I also agree with everything that Basil said on a previous page re: trading Yulebuck and Snow Angel eggs for a Holly this year. Even if teleport isn't available before Christmas I'll just breed my dragons (if they're willing to breed of course) and send the eggs on their merry way to the AP. If teleport still isn't available by the time Valentine's Day gets here I'll be repeating the process with my Sweetlings smile.gif

Edited by Tanya9771

Two words: censorkip.gif STRAIGHT. 8D

Man, this is gonna be awesome. Especially the Teleport-BSA and the whole 'area'-thing. It'll be great. Can't wait!

It just hit me that besides the magi and purples I'll have to get alot.png more reds to help incubate with the new levels that we'll be able to keep on our scrolls. It'll be an assembly line of magis, reds and purples over the next few weeks. The metallics will have to wait their turn. laugh.gif

This news is great, but I just realized a MAJOR downside. Wen teleport is enabled and AP trading is disabled, the Hatchling/Rare Egg departure thread will probably be locked sad.gif

This news is great, but I just realized a MAJOR downside. Wen teleport is enabled and AP trading is disabled, the Hatchling/Rare Egg departure thread will probably be locked sad.gif

I suspect it won't be locked. They just won't be able to give the codes anymore. They can still post when they are abandoned to give people a heads up for when they will show up on the AP. There is the possibility that they will use Teleport and post the trade link. The first person who uses it, gets it.

Me personally, I don't use the thread that often. Only once in a great while (like once a year), as I don't breed just to drop usually. I stopped breeding every week. Yet if I wanted to announce a giveaway that wouldn't go the AP, I would post the trade link and the first person that goes to it would get it.

Not necessarily. The links for teleport will only work for the first person who clicks them, so if anybody wants to give away an egg or hatchling through that thread, they'll just post the link instead of the drop time. Or maybe, if they want to give people some warning, they could post the time when they'll edit the post to add the link. Either way, the thread can still keep going.

Edit: or they could just post the way they do now and people would just have to watch the AP, like zamirathe said.

Edited by bionelly

Actually, I believe that there is supposed to be a way to still do things like FFAs. When you trade/gift something there's a link that the person clicks to accept the dragon and compete the transaction. I think that we're supposed to be able to post that type of link in threads like that and then it's just a matter of who clicks it first.

Of course, I'm probably getting some of the specifics wrong because I haven't seen the system, but that's the gist of what I've heard about gifting dragons in that manner.

Personally I hope it'll be December 12 since that's MY birthday!! But I'll not turn my nose up at any other date! Egg limits and Rename are awesome but I'll be glad for anything. <Chews nails and goes back to work.>

And I'm hoping for December 1st since that's MY birthday. I'm actually really looking forward to Teleport and the Biomes, I would use Teleport to gift things to newbies, Probably Golds & silvers & Vamps. The Biomes are the thing I'm looking forward to the most, since I hope it'll be easier to get Pinks. And bah my spell checker's freaking annoying x_x

I doubt it. It will definitely need to be reworked, depending on how the Teleport codes work, but it'll still be around. There are too many generous souls out there to let it die. happy.gif

still, it'll probably be harder to get a rare from the abandoned egg area dry.gif

Maybe a new thread can be started, for "rare AP breeders".

People can volunteer to breed their metallics, but instead of sending to a certain person, they will be doing it and releasing into the AP.

Just an idea.

still, it'll probably be harder to get a rare from the abandoned egg area dry.gif

A lot of people have been thinking that. To be honest, I doubt it'll be any harder than it is now. Of course, that's just my opinion. happy.gif

Not really - there'll always be people like me who throw golds to the AP with disgust because I got gold instead of black for my darned sitting alt black breeding fiascos. smile.gif

Not really looking forward to most of these, but hey, you can't please everyone.

Pretty excited for the renaming and egg limits though. ^.^