TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I know it is. But many holly breeder say that they wont breed at this christmas for protest or what so ever. So dont know if that "more holly eggs" etc. keep true <.< but many people might have them but they might be the not so active ones. But yeah there is always prods and cons. But all i say i hope teleport after the christmas.

Soo....

In protest of something that will, for the majority, be a very helpful tool, they're going to withhold a very sought-after dragon, even if they've already promised one to someone.

Excuse me while I find a brick wall.

I can see finding some annoyance at not being able to gift multi-clutches or losing 'the thrill of the AP hunt', but I can't see getting so worked up to the point of screwing over a whole ton of people like this.

... maybe we'll get lucky and they'll see some ghosts, this is actually sounding very 'A Christmas Carol'-y. xd.png

Just my thoughts on the new stuff (and get me one post closer to that stupid box up top going away)

Egg/Hatchling Limits - This will be helpful on new release days, but don't really see me taking advantage of it any other time

Fertility - I'm not a breeder, so this really doesn't affect me at all

Locations - Could be good or bad. Will have to see how it is done, but if it really does make looking for specific eggs easier I'm happy.

Rare x Rare breeding - If I were to breed, than rares would be the top thing. I only have one silver and would love to have another smile.gif

Refusals in breeding list - Absolutely LOVE this. Now I can get rid of my list of drags that hate each other xd.png

Renaming - At this time I don't want to change any of my dragon's names, but will be nice to know I can

S1 Freezing - Like this. I couldn't tell you how sad I was when the first hatchling I froze gendered, since the whole reason I froze it was that I liked the first stage.

Scroll Pages - If what I've gathered is correct, the everyone will see scrolls how they want to but not how the scroll owner would want it seen? Say I only want to show off 20 dragons on the first page when someone visits, but they have it set to 10 then only 10 will show and not 20?

Teleport - I don't trade usually, so not a big deal to me.

Vampire Lineages - I don't really care about lineages, so this just seems like fluff to me.

Overall looks to be a decent update. We'll see how it does on launch smile.gif

Soo....

In protest of something that will, for the majority, be a very helpful tool, they're going to withhold a very sought-after dragon, even if they've already promised one to someone.

I can see finding some annoyance at not being able to gift multi-clutches or losing 'the thrill of the AP hunt', but I can't see getting so worked up to the point of screwing over a whole ton of people like this.

... maybe we'll get lucky and they'll see some ghosts, this is actually sounding very 'A Christmas Carol'-y. xd.png

i know xd.png

but let say if i snag a holly on the AP i love Teleport wink.gif *sings christmas songs*

Teleport - I don't trade usually, so not a big deal to me.

The main thing that makes me sceptical about teleport is that it doesn't only affect people who trade; the announcement boards in site discussion will end up axed, as well as FFAs in the chat. But I do see that a safe trading method is needed and, of course, the code thing was a loophole anyway...

i know  xd.png

but let say if i snag a holly on the AP i love Teleport wink.gif *sings christmas songs*

I've been craving Teleport for ages xd.png And a Holly... not even for rarity, just because I've got a name and description I'd love to use.

I guess all we can do is wait and see x3. -grabs some popcorn-

And why would Free For All things be stopped? It'll be more difficult, but you're still fully able to announce when you plan to be abandoning an egg, and give people a heads up as to what to expect. It's a little more risky, but it should help fill the void of losing risky trading x3

Edited by Dr. Paine

Yay! Renaming... AND teleport!This sounds too good to be true! Can't wait fir when this comes! biggrin.gif

Edited by Hawktalon

all the soon to come features sound awesome but i'm a little confused about the refusal thing. If two dragons refuse does that mean they will no longer be able to breed at all or just no longer be able to breed with each other?

Edited by aqua17

The main thing that makes me sceptical about teleport is that it doesn't only affect people who trade; the announcement boards in site discussion will end up axed, as well as FFAs in the chat. But I do see that a safe trading method is needed and, of course, the code thing was a loophole anyway...

If I remember correctly, a mod in the IRC was talking about this last night, with teleport FFA's and such won't be obsolete. There will be a link that you can give out to people and whoever clicks it first will get the intended gift. At least that's what I understood from the explanation. I could be totally wrong. But I think we should wait for the actual release of these features and more detailed explanations before we start labeling things obsolete.

And why would Free For All things be stopped? It'll be more difficult, but you're still fully able to announce when you plan to be abandoning an egg, and give people a heads up as to what to expect. It's a little more risky, but it should help fill the void of losing risky trading x3

Well that's true, but catching straight from the AP is much more uncertain...still, as you said, the risk will be there and trading will be safe. Sort of balances things for the better, I suppose. ^^;

Edit: ayobelle, that's actually interesting...I'm not sure how well it would work out, but it's a possibility.

Edited by MissK.

I just realised that I'm going to need A LOT more Reds, Magis and Pinks lol xd.png

I just realised that I'm going to need A LOT more Reds, Magis and Pinks lol xd.png

This.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend all my time up until Christmas collecting Magis,Reds,Pinks & Purples :3

Seriously, I know I'm probably just speaking for myself here, but even if Fertility was the only thing being added, I'd be ecstatic! I don't care what breed of egg my dragons give me. I just want an egg, period. lol

The renaming and biomes are just icing on the cake, with the increased egg limits as sprinkles. biggrin.gif

Edited by Gyps13

Soo....

Ahh but you see they have one/two already so what might be good for us doesn't concern them, can't please everybody all the time but from what I have seen in the suggestions the majority of people on the forums want these changes so Kudos to TJ biggrin.gif

Has a timetable been published anywhere?

Three questions:

1. How will the seven-eggs-for-gold-badges work on Halloween 2011? Will there be more Halloween eggs to comply with the extended storage, or will there be a limit on eggs like with Val/Christmas? I believe it was hard enough to accept for those who didn't catch even one Black Marrow that other got four (and more afterwards) - how will they feel if we fill up with seven?

It will work like it does now.. you catch what you catch when you can catch. Halloween is about being greedy - not being "fair".

The 4 egg slot capability we have at the moment didn't stop me from getting 10 marrows...and the season still is not quite done... still have another 24-36 hours left to try and snag another or two. smile.gif

With all the questions that are currently posed by Teleport, one thing is obvious - the LiT board will be GONE! I don't know that the departure boards would vanish in quite the same way, as people will still be dropping eggs on the AP, just more of a free-for-all to grab an egg that might be that one described on the board. This might be fun!

I am glad I got my Magis, along with one Red and one Pink before the AP rush for those eggs intensifies! laugh.gif

silly question^^""" what exactly does 7/21 mean?! that I can catch 7 from the cave and breed 14?! epic-english-fail xd.png

It means you can only breed/catch 7 eggs at any given time. You can't breed/catch past 7 eggs. You will have to wait for some eggs to hatch before catching/breeding any more. So the maximum number of growing hatchlings and eggs you can have at any given time is 21 total.

Examples:

7 eggs & 14 hatchlings = 21

6 eggs & 15 hatchlings = 21

It means you can only breed/catch 7 eggs at any given time. You can't breed/catch past 7 eggs. You will have to wait for some eggs to hatch before catching/breeding any more. So the maximum number of growing hatchlings and eggs you can have at any given time is 21 total.

Examples:

7 eggs & 14 hatchlings = 21

6 eggs & 15 hatchlings = 21

I hope this will also do away with the connect-lock factor, meaning that you can catch your full number of eggs, no matter how many hatchies you have, and visa-versa. Any word on if it will?

I hope this will also do away with the connect-lock factor, meaning that you can catch your full number of eggs, no matter how many hatchies you have, and visa-versa. Any word on if it will?

I think you can catch up to 7 eggs and then you're locked. (With a Gold badge happy.gif)

So if you have 7 eggs you can't grab anything else. If you have 6 eggs however, you can grab up to 15 hatchies before becoming locked. smile.gif

Well same with people with not with best internet connections?

I mean still the ones with fastest computers get the hollies.

not really... it's more about timing - not computer speed.

Last night in chat for example... a really nice geode was offered up in a FFA... the couple of us in the chat room interested in the geode had the benefit of KNOWING the code and were refreshing to catch it, but we ended up NOT catching it... someone AP hunting snagged it out from under us.

all the soon to come features sound awesome but i'm a little confused about the refusal thing. If two dragons refuse does that mean they will no longer be able to breed at all or just no longer be able to breed with each other?

It means they will never breed with each other.

Once the changes are made, once a pair refuses the next time you want to breed one or the other, the one that refused will not show up on the choice page. ,so that you won't accidentally breed dragons that have already refused and waste a week of fertility!

I think you can catch up to 7 eggs and then you're locked. (With a Gold badge happy.gif)

So if you have 7 eggs you can't grab anything else. If you have 6 eggs however, you can grab up to 15 hatchies before becoming locked. smile.gif

Yeah I think that is how it works. So essentially it does get rid of the connect-lock factor, but it's not completely unlimited. Just gives us a lot more room to work with. Which is one of the updates I'm most looking forward too >:D

i can't, but this is alot.png of new features all at once on April 1st, the good thing about it not being sudden is that I have a chance to raise an army of magis and purples 8D I only wish that the egg freezing BSA would have happened, but ya win some ya lose some, and I won alot.png in this case