TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Some of the features look very nice, and I am looking forward to them. Fertility especially as I have one pair that breeds, but has never given me an egg (and they are a critical part of a lineage too). rolleyes.gif

As for the Holly talk, I've pretty much given up hope of catching one even if every single one is bred. I'll still hunt if I can and click if I see one, but I know the likely outcome. I tend to lurk here, so I haven't made friends with anyone that has them (and doing that in hopes of getting one seems so wrong to me), so a gift of one won't happen. Well, what will be will be (so, those with them... do as you will). *shrugs* I can always continue to admire them from afar.

Guys teleport lets you teleport a egg to a certain scroll....

Well, yes, I understand that, but:

If you can teleport up to 4 eggs at a time, does that mean that:

1 magi can teleport up to 4 eggs to 1 scroll;

up to 4 eggs to several scrolls;

several magis can teleport 1 or 2 eggs each (totaling up to 4) to one scroll;

several magis can teleport 1 or 2 eggs each (totaling up to 4) to several scrolls;

or, again, is it like the Summon BSA where it would take all of your magis to teleport up to 4 eggs to 1 (or possibly several) scrolls?

Because if 1 magi can teleport the eggs to several scrolls, then wouldn't that mean it's possible to gift multi-clutches to more than one specific user, without the eggs going to the AP?

I'm sooooooo looking forward to more egg/hatchie slots!  *hugs gold trophy*  biggrin.gif

But the irreverant part of my brain wonders how long it will take before people are complaining that 7 egg slots is NOT ENUF DAMMIT!  /silly mood

About the same time I get locked. xd.png

Because if 1 magi can teleport the eggs to several scrolls, then wouldn't that mean it's possible to gift multi-clutches to more than one specific user, without the eggs going to the AP?

It has been said that control over more than one egg in a clutch will not be possible.

Edited by ainisarie

Only those with very fast connections. It effectively destroys any chance that I ever had of getting a Holly. *sigh* Not that I am really friends with any Holly breeders anyway, but I can make friends easier than I can catch stuff off the AP! laugh.gif

So make friends with someone who can catch stuff off the AP! When a multi-clutch of holiday dragons gets released to the AP, the people who catch them can always turn around and Teleport them to someone else.

One question I haven't seen asked: if you catch an egg in the cave, will you have to wait 5 hours before Teleporting it? Or can you do that right away?

People are refusing to breed hollies over this?

Yeah, it sounds pretty childish, doesn't it? "I didn't get my way so I'm going to try to make other people unhappy" is never that great a rationale, but Christmas is pretty much exactly the worst time to indulge in it, IMHO.

But honestly, given how few hollies there are out there and how tiny the chance of any individual user catching one is, I don't think anybody will ever notice whether the protestors' hearts grow three sizes that day or not. :-) The difference between a .0000015 chance of something happening and a .000002 chance of it happening just isn't perceptible to humans. So they can do it or not; it won't make a difference to anybody else's enjoyment of the holiday.

Can someone explain how many eggs we can have on our scrolls when this change comes about, please? What 'levels' are you guys talking about? I got lost somewhere...

Ah, I just read that we can have 7 eggs? Awesome! Is that all eggs, or a combo of eggs and hatchlings?

Edited by MedievalMystic

One question I haven't seen asked: if you catch an egg in the cave, will you have to wait 5 hours before Teleporting it? Or can you do that right away?

I want to know the answer as well xP

You have a silver badge. That means you can have as many as 6 eggs at a time, either by catching or breeding. The total number of eggs/hatchlings you can have is 18. It means that if you have 6 eggs and one hatches, you can get another and keep going until you reach your max.

Omg!x15 Unlimited Renaming

and improved Egg/Hatchling Limits

*Does the super mega happy dance then propmly spazes out and faints*

Edited by chickenhound

Ainisarie, thanks so much for clearing that up for me, I really appreciate it! smile.gif

I have a question about the pages. Will you be able to set say 10 dragons on page one, 15 on 2, 3 on 3, etc? Or is it just 10 per page?

Also will the limit on frozen hatchies change? (probably not but one can hope)

Is excited for changes and thankful for all who are trying to manage this chaotic thread. biggrin.gif

Edited by Errant Mist

I was under the impression that rares would show up in all biomes at the same time, if the queues allow for it. We discussed having a set place for the rares, but there'd rarely be anything in there and it just made more sense to let them show up everywhere, so that if you're hunting in the mountain, you have the same chance of getting it as someone down by the river. ;3

So, to be sure I understand this: when a rare egg drops, it will appear in a given biome only if there is an open space? If I'm staring at, say, three balloons that no one is taking, the rare won't show up in that biome?

It seems like in that case, you the really desirable rares will effectively only be catchable in one biome. Wherever a gold or silver first appears, it will be snatched up there immediately. Maybe at peak times, when multiple biomes are moving fast, a second or third biome might get a glimpse of it, but the people hunting in the first biome it appears in will still have a headstart and one of them will most likely get it.

I'm not complaining about this -- it has both good and bad points, I think. I just want to make sure I understand.

I can't even tell you how happy I am about the name changing. I have ONE name on my scroll that bugs that heck out of me because I forgot to add the name of her line. And soon I can fix it! Thanks, TJ!

lol good thing the almightly TJ is adding both teleport and renaming becuse now I will have to rename I can haz teleport

Why would you have to rename him? He rly can haz teleport nao. x3

Why would you have to rename him? He rly can haz teleport nao. x3

Because he should now be named I Haz a Teleport!

I don't remember where I read this, but it said that dragons don't do multiple egg clutches any more, just the holiday ones when it's their breeding season.

Does this mean that there will be multiple egg clutches again? I miss picking which egg I want out of a batch or seeing how many a pair would breed.

Please excuse me while I go die from the excitement.

The upped limit is really making me excited! biggrin.gif And the Rare/Rare breeding!

Wait, with the Rare/Rare breeding mean you can breed Golds with Trios, then...?

Does this mean that there will be multiple egg clutches again? I miss picking which egg I want out of a batch or seeing how many a pair would breed.

No, it doesn't. There is no word about it in the first post.