TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

More eggs if you have a trophy -> unfair to new users. Four eggs is OK.

It's not that more eggs if you have a trophy is unfair-4 eggs is a baseline. You earn the right to more eggs by hatching enough successfully-shown by your trophy visually. This isn't unfair in any way-it is a privilege. That's my take on this, anyway!!

Thanks so much for putting in the teleporting, TJ!!! biggrin.gif

Wow. That's a LOT of new stuff O.O

The locations thing sounds a bit strange, but other than that all of these are features I love the sound of. Can't wait to see them put in.

But, in all honesty, newbies will love that messy metallic, if it is their first. My first gold and silver both have messy lineages, and I wouldn't trade them for the world! Newbies aren't really picky when it comes to rares. ;D

wish this was really true, I have a hard time giving away anything over 3rd gen, most newbies I have dealt with want the perfect shiny - without working for it!

end rant and back on topic

I like the rare x rare breeding but was sad to see no Holiday x holiday,

a lineage with only Valentines would be awesome, but then the # per scroll would have to be raised soo I can see why not.

So Ice x silver for me I think

It's a good thing the egg limits have been adjusted, or I might never get unlocked biggrin.gif

so much fun so little time

@ xhunter-- I don't think a time table for implementation has been released, but an announcement would not be made if it was not going to happen soon---- unsure.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

All these new features give everyone something of what they wanted. More egg slots is very exciting, especially for those of us who have to juggle space for the lineages and projects we are part of.

Lovely changes. All of them. And if anyone is dubious about any of them, they will adapt.

I'm willing to adapt to teleport in order to get extra egg slots, enhanced breeding chance, and the gamble of the rare x rare breeding.

Awesome stuff TJ. Thank you.

Great, then I just need a 2nd gold to breed my golden one with biggrin.gif

Not sure this has been asked before yet..but...

What happens if you use Fertility on a Gold, then breed it to another Gold....?

My understanding is that fertility only increases the chance for a successful breeding, not guarantees it. So instead of having a 1 in 100 (or whatever it is) chance of getting an egg from that pair, you might have a 2 in 100 instead.

I am still overwhelmed.

TJ, this is just awesomeness. I knew we like you for some reason, now I know why smile.gif

Thank you for the heads up, it's a fun thing to look forward to improvements and changes.

I want to know more about the increased number of eggs allowed and what the second number "total" means. Is that a cap on number of hatchlings? Have I missed something?

I want to know more about the increased number of eggs allowed and what the second number "total" means. Is that a cap on number of hatchlings? Have I missed something?

My understanding is that it means:

Get 7 eggs, 7 eggs hatch, get 7 more eggs (now your at 7 hatchlings, 7 eggs = 14), those 7 hatch, get 7 more (now your at 14 hatchlings, 7 eggs = 21) and you can't get more than that until something grows up.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it...

TJ, you have just made my day (and probably my week), sir. I salute you. biggrin.gif

I'm especially delighted to see Enough thinking, I can't figure out what I like best. I feel like a kid on Christmas, bouncing from present to present. tongue.gif

I do have a couple of questions:

* Will Teleported eggs gain a day, or is that strictly for abandoned eggs?

* When you say "rares will appear in all biomes", does that mean each biome has the same chance of a rare appearing, or a rare will show up in all biomes at once?

* Will Holiday eggs appear in all biomes, or will they be in one biome only (e.g. Christmas eggs only show up in some cold, snowy area)?

* Is the cooldown for Fertility on a scroll-wide, per-breeding pair, or per-Purple basis?

Thanks for the awesome upcoming features! I am totally looking forward to all of them.

Wow, so many changes! I absolutely can't wait! It seems as though the changes have something for everybody. smile.gif

Maybe I can finally get a metallic... or not. I'm just so excited to see how these changes will work out! biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif That will make things more interesting for us. More to play with. Thanks.

o_o

I'm a bit shocked about news. I just dont want multiple eggs from breeding and i do want to get some old pinks, but here... xd.png *shock* I don't see bioms as...as... Maybe it'll be cool as scroll pages, but i can't imagine.

Vampire Lin., Rename and rarexrare are sound absolutely awesome! Tnx for this.

Omigosh Omigosh Omigosh! biggrin.gif This it just too awesome xd.png

Looking forward to these laugh.gif

Thank you TJ!

can anyone tell me where on the calendar that these start i can't find the events on them. ninja.gif

or was he joking about the calendar? xd.png

* Will Holiday eggs appear in all biomes, or will they be in one biome only (e.g. Christmas eggs only show up in some cold, snowy area)?

That's a good question, I'm thinking everywhere.

I..am..speechless... ohmy.gif

TJ you are the best! I can't wait until all those specials are implemented. xd.png This will be so much fun. Well I already DO have fun but this... laugh.gif

*sings a happy song*

can anyone tell me where on the calendar that these start i can't find the events on them. ninja.gif

or was he joking about the calendar? xd.png

It was just to point out that no, it is not April Fools Day. So this thread is not a joke.

There is no information yet about when they will be implemented. My guess is that they will be phased in one or two at a time. That has been true in the past and would likely cause less mayhem than dropping them all on us at once. (Although that might be fun to watch! xd.png )