TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Soo....

In protest of something that will, for the majority, be a very helpful tool, they're going to withhold a very sought-after dragon, even if they've already promised one to someone.

Excuse me while I find a brick wall.

I can see finding some annoyance at not being able to gift multi-clutches or losing 'the thrill of the AP hunt', but I can't see getting so worked up to the point of screwing over a whole ton of people like this.

Folks getting upset because someone else decides they don't want to breed their dragon.... hmmm... that's like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum cause they can't have what they want.

If a person does not want to breed their Holly - that's their right of choice. It's their Holly to do with as they please !

It will work like it does now.. you catch what you catch when you can catch.  Halloween is about being greedy - not being "fair". 

The 4 egg slot capability we have at the moment didn't stop me from getting 10 marrows...and the season still is not quite done... still have another 24-36 hours left to try and snag another or two. smile.gif

I don't mind if people hunt for ten or twenty Halloween eggs the days after the release; what I want to know is if more eggs are being produced on that day when people can catch up to seven eggs or if the number of eggs that can be caught will have a limit. Because, if it will be neither, I already can imagine the ruckus that will occur.

Edited by Rally Vincent

Yay! Happiness! Only way this would be better would be if we could walk around a little specialized world with our dragons!

Oh Teleport... how I've longed for you. Thanks for ruining my Holly gifts, but you're cool and oh so awesome anyway. In order to gift, I must once again forgo having a second Holly... oh well. I was gifting to two nice people I randomly found on the forums, people I had never spoken to before, not personal friends... just saying.

More eggs, more eggs, more eggs!

I CAN'T WAIT for rare X rare breeding! So excited!

Everything sounds like so much fun!!!! biggrin.gif

Folks getting upset because someone else decides they don't want to breed their dragon.... hmmm... that's like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum cause they can't have what they want.

If a person does not want to breed their Holly - that's their right of choice. It's their Holly to do with as they please !

And someone not breeding their Holly just because they can only be sure of where more than 1 offspring is going is not petty? That's kind of like saying "I'm not going to donate to people in need because I can't be sure it's going to go to only the needy people I like!"

Just sayin tongue.gif

I mean yeah it stinks that I can't be sure that all of my Yulebuck & Snow Angel offspring are going to good homes that won't let them die. But I'm not going to hold off breeding them. I find that silly. Again that's just me though

Edited by ayobelle

Omg I feel so stupid I kept reading your posts and not realizing it was you Ayo! Because of the avatar change..

But anyway, the new changes all sound pretty great to me. I'm going to need way more magi and some more purples too.. best get collecting I guess.

all of this is just...overwhelming. wayy too much change for me, at least.

many positive features being added...like renaming and teleport, though i kick myself for releasing dragons names i didn't like and ruining lineages...fml.

teleport +1 for me, i've been too terrified of not knowing how to trade and losing rare eggs...so now i can do that now, i guess.

fertility, THANK YOU...

more egg slots and biomes...confusing to me but i can adapt over time.

just way too much in one announcement, i think my brain imploded and i have a headache thinking of it all. x_x

Omg I feel so stupid I kept reading your posts and not realizing it was you Ayo! Because of the avatar change..

But anyway, the new changes all sound pretty great to me. I'm going to need way more magi and some more purples too.. best get collecting I guess.

Psh, you know me. Forever changing avatars. >.<

I think everyone is thinking the same thing about collecting. I definitely need more magis. I only have 3 and one egg o.O

And someone not breeding their Holly just because they can only be sure of where more than 1 offspring is going is not petty? That's kind of like saying "I'm not going to donate to people in need because I can't be sure it's going to go to only the needy people I like!"

Just sayin  tongue.gif

I mean yeah it stinks that I can't be sure that all of my Yulebuck & Snow Angel offspring are going to good homes that won't let them die. But I'm not going to hold off breeding them. I find that silly. Again that's just me though

Yeah. ^^ This.

I've been wanting to post about the holly breeding boycott ever since I saw it mentioned in this thread, but I couldn't think of a way to say it that didn't sound jerky. But ayobelle summed up my thoughts pretty well. I'm not whining about what's "fair and what's "not fair". I'm only saying that it seems like a shame for people to completely abstain from breeding such a rare and beautiful dragon simply because they can't control exactly what happens to the eggs. I know, I know. They're your eggs to do what you will with. I just think that the holidays are a time for generosity (except Halloween), not negativity.

Edited by ThatDeadGirl

Ah I am so excited for April I am not going to: loose eggs in trade, loose a breeding to to refusals, have a rarexrare dragon or purebred dragon, and best of all have a better chance at catching new eggs!

Ah I am so excited for April I am not going to: loose eggs in trade, loose a breeding to to refusals, have a rarexrare dragon or purebred dragon, and best of all have a better chance at catching new eggs!

Lol whut? When TJ said no it's not April 1st he meant that it's not April Fool's Day so this is no joke. I don't think that means that we're getting these features on April 1. At least I hope we don't have to wait that long o.o

@ThatDealGirl- exactly!

Edited by ayobelle

I hope I can sort my dragons by lineages when it comes to the scroll pages...

be very helpful

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

So, so excited! The increased egg/hatchlings limit is making me really crave an Incubate-type BSA for hatchlings. I know, I know, we're already getting so much in this announcement and I'm talking about more! Totally not complaining, I'm just excited biggrin.gif

I think you can catch up to 7 eggs and then you're locked. (With a Gold badge happy.gif)

So if you have 7 eggs you can't grab anything else. If you have 6 eggs however, you can grab up to 15 hatchies before becoming locked. smile.gif

That's exactly what I'm hoping will be done away with. The way it works right now, if you have 4 eggs, you can breed a 5th, but you cannot catch any hatchies. What you described is the same thing, except with 7 eggs. What I hope is that your limit is 7 egg (with Gold Badge of course) and 14 hatchies. Meaning that if you already have your 7 eggs, you can still go hatchie-hunting. Or, if you have your 14 hatchies, you can still go egg hunting.

Make sense?

EDIT: I reread the feature a bit closer, and to me it does sound like the link is going to be gone. I guess we'll have to wait and see for sure, but it does sound promising. smile.gif

Edited by Gyps13

So, I can grab more eggs now, depending on my badge? That's awesome! Thanks so much TJ!

That's exactly what I'm hoping will be done away with. The way it works right now, if you have 4 eggs, you can breed a 5th, but you cannot catch any hatchies. What you described is the same thing, except with 7 eggs. What I hope is that your limit is 7 egg (with Gold Badge of course) and 14 hatchies. Meaning that if you already have your 7 eggs, you can still go hatchie-hunting. Or, if you have your 14 hatchies, you can still go egg hunting.

Make sense?

At 7 hatchies, you would be scroll-locked, but at 6, you could still add up to 14 hatchies, then breed or pick up that 7th egg. That's the way Sock (I think) explained it much earlier.

Psh, you know me. Forever changing avatars. >.<

I think everyone is thinking the same thing about collecting. I definitely need more magis. I only have 3 and one egg o.O

True, and I don't think this is the first time I've made the same mistake and had to do a double take on one of your posts, hehe.

Well at least I'm not alone then. Oooh I only have 3 too! *high fives* I just don't know what to breed mine with.. hmz.

So will AP trading be made impossible as was stated before about if Teleport was implemented?

I dont think itd be impossible, but probably very unlikely tp occur.

About the teleport...

Tj says: "Up to four eggs/hatchlings at a time," ... does that mean your magi can carry up to four eggs all to one scroll, or will they be like Santa and visit up to 4 scrolls, dropping a gift off at each?

What is the cooldown time for the teleport BSA?

Can you have several magis and continue to teleport after one's been "used up," or will it be like the summoning BSA and all your magis work together to send the egg(s) to another scroll?

Will teleport kill off all the good drops in the AP?

I'm a bit dismayed to read that "some breeders" won't be breeding their Hollies in protest of this new BSA. Was it ever guaranteed your bred eggs would go where they were supposed to, and how does this change anything other than being able to ensure at least one of your clutch went where you intended it? I don't get it.

So will AP trading be made impossible as was stated before about if Teleport was implemented?

It has been said that AP trading will be gone with or without teleport, so I think you can assume that that it will disappear once teleport starts.