TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I've always wished that there was more than 4 slots, now I don't have to worry about being scroll locked when new eggs are released.

The other changes are great too, I especially like the teleport. I find it frustrating to try to gift a gold/silver/dino to people so I haven't bothered in a while. Now I'll be able to do it again.

Wait, with the Rare/Rare breeding mean you can breed Golds with Trios, then...?

I hope so! I want a Icicle X Magma lineage and a Thunder X Silver lineage! biggrin.gif Although Icicle X Ember is cooler. wink.gifrolleyes.gif

wow, i can haz six eggs.

and maaaany hatchlings. this is cool can't wait. so i catch three eggs every other day-no, hmmm. my current catching is based on the eggs hatching and the hatchlings growing up. wait~

Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total

things are on a multiple of 2

with sliver things can be on a multiple of 3

get 3 eggs, get three more the next day, have six eggs, get three more when the first batch hatch, have 6e/3h, next day get three more when the second batch hatch and have 6e/6h...

erk, not exactly, need to have them on an ever day thing... okay! this is hard to do in my head. i'll pound it out better once this is implemented i can get my hands dirty figuring out the ratio of eggs grabbing/hatchlings growing/days offset.

no i could keep the 2 egg plan, but because the hatchlings won't lock me i can grab eggs every day and by the time i get the third set of 2 the the first set would be hatching. so i shouldn't lock myself ever so long as i don't reach a total of 18 items on my scroll.

that should work...

user posted imageWH00T!!! user posted image

Thanks, TJ!!

I can haz 21 including hatchlings?!

user posted image

Wow, that is a lot of features to be thankful. Thank you

... Do you think that Rare x Rare breeding will apply to the restrictions on Trio breeding?

Because I so want a Magma x Ice dragon lineage. It would make me joyful.

Wow great news and great tease :/ xd.png doesn't he know when you announce something like this you actually release it!! dry.giftongue.gif

I almost couldn't believe this was all real at first.

So many awesome changes, it will be beautiful.

Oh Wow. Those features seem so awesome. I cannot wait for them to show up!

Thank you so much TJ for your work on this preview and the features in it!!

OMG!!! I love these! I can't wait for the biomes and rare X Rare breeding! Thank you so much! This must be really hard to do!

... Do you think that Rare x Rare breeding will apply to the restrictions on Trio breeding?

Because I so want a Magma x Ice dragon lineage. It would make me joyful.

i've always wanted a thunderxthunder. so pretty...

*looks at biomes* NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dammit, I was so happy that dragcave DIDN'T have that. >_> To magistream for me. Everything else looks awesome.

*looks at biomes* NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dammit, I was so happy that dragcave DIDN'T have that. >_> To magistream for me. Everything else looks awesome.

It's not like they're the first to have the concept. -shrug-

I'm kind of surprised DC didn't have one sooner, with all the different species cropping up xd.png Or do you really think having 100+ types going in three-egg cycles would be the best way to distribute them all?

It's not like they're the first to have the concept. -shrug-

I'm kind of surprised DC didn't have one sooner, with all the different species cropping up xd.png Or do you really think having 100+ types going in three-egg cycles would be the best way to distribute them all?

it'll definitely be easier to catch certain types (stripes). rares will show up at once in all the bio-whatsits from what i understand,so that's cool. will the ap have it's own bios or just the main cave?

it'll definitely be easier to catch certain types (stripes). rares will show up at once in all the bio-whatsits from what i understand,so that's cool. will the ap have it's own bios or just the main cave?

AP will probably be same as ever.

And yeah xd.png It'll be nice to have the same-description eggs somewhat split up.

As many have pointed out, the ap is kind of where people place eggs they don't want so it's like a dump. So I'm assuming it will still be as communal as it was before, maybe just different.

At 7 hatchies, you would be scroll-locked, but at 6, you could still add up to 14 hatchies, then breed or pick up that 7th egg.  That's the way Sock (I think) explained it much earlier.

You can grab so long as grabbing does not make you violate the limit.

If you have no badge, your total limit is 12. If you're "egg-locked" with 4 eggs, adding a hatchling will give you 5 total, which doesn't violate the limit of 12. So you can grab it.

It's a lot more lenient than people think.