elderberrysyrup

Summoning Discussion ver2.0

What did you use to successfully summon?  

1,588 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Woo!

Just summoned my 3rd GoN egg *hugs her Male Ice Dragon and high-fives her other Trio members*. I have 2 complete Trios (one of males - one of female)

I'm quite pleased that I got it on my second summon attempt since the limit was raised.

Aw well done! 2 fail attempts for my 3rd but looking forward to day that egg pops on my scroll smile.gif

...kecemis was only suggesting a different task to pass the time between summonings....

I know this. I'm not suggesting that anyone in this discussion has bad intentions. If one is disappointed with one activity, it's always a good thing to go off and find something else to do. Under any other circumstances I'd agree, but this situation is different.

...I didn't summon my first Guardian of Nature until 2013. Since then, I've summoned my second and third within four months of each other. ...

See? You summoned a GoN before this change, so you could try breeding Avatars right away. This is the difference. Before the Avatars I just looked on GoNs as a cute idea, to casually Summon when the time came. I did spend years hunting for my Trios, and then breeding more, but I wasn't frustrated like I am now. I just don't think anyone who already had a GoN before May can really understand how it feels to be shut out of a game that you've played for years and always felt at home in. I've been playing since 2008.

Looking at your scroll, you've maybe three or four complete Trio sets....

I have four sets and I was trying to breed more, but until last night my dragons wouldn't cooperate. Now I'll have five when the new dragons grow up. I'll breed more sets myself, but thanks for the offer. I already knew more Trios were supposed to increase your chances, but no one knows by how much. Someone told me they have over 30 Trios and still can't summon, so I don't think those increased chances are all that great, while in the meantime I go on breeding more and more dragons I already have. And if more Trios increase your chances so much, how come people are able to Summon on the first try with only one or two sets?

As I say, before May this wasn't so important. I wanted to have GoNs, but it was just a case of, 'Oh, someday. It'll be nice.' This new Avatar thing is wonderful, and I'm not knocking it, it's simply that I, and everyone else who can't Summon, is left out of a whole lot more.

I'm still trying, but I've lost a lot of enthusiasm that I may never get back, even if I do get a GoN, though the chances of that happening are really low, I think, no matter how many Trios I have. If it were just a matter of more Trios getting you a GoN, people with only one set wouldn't have any, and people with dozens wouldn't still be trying.

...Just summoned my 3rd GoN egg *hugs her Male Ice Dragon and high-fives her other Trio members*. I have 2 complete Trios....

Edited by Jennie

I know this.  I'm not suggesting that anyone in this discussion has bad intentions. If one is disappointed with one activity, it's always a good thing to go off and find something else to do.  Under any other circumstances I'd agree, but this situation is different.

Alright, fair enough. I apologise if the comment I made appeared inflammatory - that was not my intention. The point you raised is a very good one, and it should be your choice as to whether or not you find something else to do.

See?   You summoned a GoN before this change, so you could try breeding Avatars right away. This is the difference.  Before the Avatars I just looked on GoNs as a cute idea, to casually Summon when the time came.  I did spend years hunting for my Trios, and then breeding more, but I wasn't frustrated like I am now.

That's right, I had two Guardians before the introduction of Avatars. I've managed to breed four Avatars since then as well, but I've only kept one of them. I'm aware that many, many people missed out with this event and I disliked that not everyone could enjoy it for what it was, a birthday celebration.

I just don't think anyone who already had a GoN before May can really understand how it feels to be shut out of a game that you've played for years and always felt at home in.  I've been playing since 2008.

Sure they can. Perhaps not for the breeding an Avatar part of the game, but internet speeds, time zones and even language barriers can make a person feel shut out from a part of DC. Poor internet speed can make Holiday events a terrible experience for the person involved. Time zones can restrict whether or not someone is able to participate in a player made or even DC run event. Language barriers can stop a player from entering certain parts of the forum, or from trying to talk to other people for fear of not being understood.

I'm going to apologise for assuming that you joined in 2013. Regardless of join date though, everyone is entitled to feel frustrated by continued failures to summon, which no doubt is compounded by the introduction of these Avatars.

I have four sets and I was trying to breed more, but until last night my dragons wouldn't cooperate. Now I'll have five when the new dragons grow up.  I'll breed more sets myself, but thanks for the offer.  I already knew more Trios were supposed to increase your chances, but no one knows by how much.  Someone told me they have over 30 Trios and still can't summon, so I don't think those increased chances are all that great, while in the meantime I go on breeding more and more dragons I already have.   And if more Trios increase your chances so much, how come people are able to Summon on the first try with only one or two sets?

Alright, best of luck with breeding more.

The only answer I have for your question, is that any person who summons successfully on their first try - with one set or twenty, is lucky. If Dragon Cave uses any form of RNG or Random Number Generator algorithm, the outcome of an action is determined by said algorithm. With more Trio sets, I'd imagine the possibility of hitting the correct string of numbers that produces a successful summoning is increased a percentage for every extra set. The same can be said for breeding outcomes, whether it's a refusal, no interest, no egg produced, a common egg bred or a rare egg bred. Each of those has a percentage to appear, and the more desired outcomes usually have a lower percentage or chance to appear, to prevent too many of them being produced. See the second to last paragraph for my response to your question.

As I say, before May this wasn't so important.  I wanted to have GoNs, but it was just a case of, 'Oh, someday. It'll be nice.'  This new Avatar thing is wonderful, and I'm not knocking it, it's simply that I, and everyone else who can't Summon, is left out of a whole lot more.

That's true that those without a Guardian of Nature are left out from breeding their own Avatars. They can however, still obtain them. If trading for them is too costly in terms of what people are asking for, there are plenty of people out there gifting these, you just have to find them. If I recall correctly there's even a thread dedicated to the gifting of Avatars.

This doesn't help for those who wish to breed their own, but for those that aren't fussed on the dragons origin, give gifting a try. DC's community is one of the best I've seen, and is filled with people who enjoy sharing the wealth.

I'm still trying, but I've lost a lot of enthusiasm that I may never get back, even if I do get a GoN, though the chances of that happening are really low, I think, no matter how many Trios I have.  If it were just a matter of more Trios getting you a GoN, people with only one set wouldn't have any, and people with dozens wouldn't still be trying. 

It isn't just having more Trios though, luck also plays a factor. Without solid numbers nobody can say for certain how much of an increase the chances of success are, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try to get more Trios. Even if the increase is only 0.5%, that's 0.5% more of a chance than before. Low probability does not mean that a person will never summon a Guardian, it just means that the likelihood of producing the desired outcome is less than someone who has a higher chance of success. Even there was a 25% chance of producing a Guardian, a person could fail for months before succeeding because the possibility of success is counted per attempt.

I didn't post here to start a debate if that's what this is becoming, I just wanted to share my experience with summoning. I agree that it sucks for anyone who's tried summoning to receive continued failures, but keep at it, luck will surely swing in your favour one day and I sincerely hope that day is soon.

Edited by VampiricOmen

I didn't post here to start a debate if that's what this is becoming, I just wanted to share my experience with summoning.

I don't think it's a debate. A debate would be more along the lines of something like, 'Is democracy the best form of government?', as opposed to two people with different experiences with the democratic form of government discussing those experiences. :-)

You don't have to apologize for assuming I joined DC in 2013, since that was when I joined the Forum, right after last year's birthday bash.

...Regardless of join date though, everyone is entitled to feel frustrated by continued failures to summon, which no doubt is compounded by the introduction of these Avatars.

This is true, and just having this recognized makes me feel better. Perhaps my frustration will wear off after a while and/or I'll finally manage to Summon. Next month might bring a new dragon to catch and raise, and that will help.

Edited by Jennie

back to my 100 trys for a gon lol

got my gon on second try wow

try a female to summon it may work for others

Edited by toniblab

"Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons attempt to use their power to summon an egg, but they are not successful." One more time! unsure.gif

Next attempt for my third GoN, July 2nd. Good luck all, and especially for those still working on your first! smile.gif

"Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons attempt to use their power to summon an egg, but they are not successful." I have not got one successful at all. Now I have to wait for July 2. But I know I will never every get one.

I successfully summoned my second GoN with a male CB Magma.

Congratulations, Dimar!

My latest attempt was a failure. I'll try again in two weeks.

3rd try for 3- FAIL! No surprise there.

3rd GoN on the 3rd try something to be said for Symmetry laugh.gif

Note that my first took over 2 years and the second 4 more long months all this AFTER the change that upped the chances per set

Edited by dragonpuck

3rd gon - 3 attempts: failures so far biggrin.gif every try is a little bit exciting.

I just summoned for the first time and got my first GoN! My dragons are cooperating for me today. I also bred a cb magma with a cb ice for the first time and they gave me an egg.

I just summoned for the first time and got my first GoN! My dragons are cooperating for me today. I also bred a cb magma with a cb ice for the first time and they gave me an egg.

Aw awesome super congrats!

Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons attempt to use their power to summon an egg, but they are not successful.

*sighs* I am still hopeful that summoning my 3rd can track more towards the relatively quick success of my 2nd GoN rather than the over 2 years for my 1st GoN, but every miss is disappointing.

*serves up fail brownies for anyone who wishes the consolation*

I always Ctr+F and search for Lightny here. And I din't know they got sick so easily. Usually those six sites would be perfect for the 3day 23hour egg. This GoN however, got sick. If you look on my scroll, you'll see some fog near my eggs. That is the guardian egg, fogged until it gets better.

I always Ctr+F and search for Lightny here. And I din't know they got sick so easily. Usually those six sites would be perfect for the 3day 23hour egg. This GoN however, got sick. If you look on my scroll, you'll see some fog near my eggs. That is the guardian egg, fogged until it gets better.

GON, Tinsel and Shimmer eggs tend to get sick at under 4 days left if they have been incubated and ERed. They seem to need more views to hatch early than they like. I usually don't incubate those eggs.

My sister summoned her first guardian egg. MY SISTER FINALLY SUMMONED HER FIRST GUARDIAN EGG!!! Neither one of us couldn't believe our eyes when we saw the: "Your ice, thunder and magma dragons combine their powers, summoning a mysterious egg." Wow! ohmy.gif

Plus, she used the newest ice male dragon to summon it just for fun, and it happened! biggrin.gif

I failed misserably again yesterday , with 17 complete sets. Still trying for my first

*bashes head into desk. Repeatedly*

I began my Dragoncave journey on or about a few days after my birthday (may 18) in 2012 (my oldest dragons egg days range from may 21 to may 23--my best guess is may 23, as 1 is a CB, though it may be 2-4 days after that) http://dragcave.net/lineage/t493e <--my oldest CB, my third oldest dragon

It took until the beginning of July to round up a trio, understand what it was all about and get to summoning. http://dragcave.net/lineage/GNuJN <--my first thunder, last of my trios.

I have been fairly faithfully summoning since. Though there was a space of time (3 to 6 months) where I was completely off DC.

All I have EVER seen is: Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons attempt to use their power to summon an egg, but they are not successful. (Again, today).

And yet: http://dragcave.net/lineage/VWtfV (oldest dragon Feb 21)

and don't forget: http://dragcave.net/lineage/V9vQu (oldest dragon Feb 23) (accounts were created same day.)

The boys' accounts are less than 6 months old and yet they BOTH have managed to summon a GoN. And I can't......

Cry.

Whine.

Moan.

made another attempt for the third GoN:

Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons attempt to use their power to summon an egg, but they are not successful.

*sigh*

Just got my third today with a male thunder. I can't say on the rates of these guys since my first two I got pretty much right away and within a few months of each other.

I am, however, willing to gift any avatars (or a trio if you prefer) I can manage to breed smile.gif for people that are having GON summoning trouble. Just PM me. I would prefer to gift to people with no GON.

Edited by Magdalen