elderberrysyrup

Summoning Discussion ver2.0

What did you use to successfully summon?  

1,588 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons attempt to use their power to summon an egg, but they are not successful.

Oh well... xd.png

This is the 2nd unsuccessful attempt I've had for my third GoN. I keep using an Ice male to summon. Might change it up in 2 weeks.

Summoned my 3rd GoN with a thunder and 38 sets of trios.

Same here! I got my 3rd GoN earlier today (about 12 hours ago lol), thanks to my Thunder!

Good luck to everyone with summoning! smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Just got my 3rd GoN with a thunder. I have several sets but haven't counted.

Failed twice after we're now allowed to get 3. I wonder if this'll take another year lD

Good luck to everyone else! Just focus on something else in the meantime, because you'll be succesful when you'll expect it least wink.gif

I don't believe this any longer. I couldn't possibly expect it less than I already do, so clearly I'm all out of luck. And I already am focusing on other things. If focusing on other things helped, I'd have a GoN by now.

I don't believe this any longer. I couldn't possibly expect it less than I already do, so clearly I'm all out of luck. And I already am focusing on other things. If focusing on other things helped, I'd have a GoN by now.

Getting frustrated will do nothing for you smile.gif Find a breeding project and focus on that, that's what I'm doing ^^ It will be a while before I start seeing Avatar lineages I actually like, anyways. I'm trading most of my GON's babies. And kicking myself for freezing my second one >.<

Getting frustrated will do nothing for you smile.gif

Neither will not getting frustrated. The idea that if somehow I keep having hope that the next time I summon it will work is called 'magical thinking'. Yeah, maybe it will work, but not because I'm 'not frustrated'. It really makes no difference how I feel or whether or not I post about my frustrations here or anything at all except some weird DC formula about 'chances'. Some people get their GoNs the first time they try, and other people waste their time for years and get nothing. Why shouldn't some of us be frustrated?

Find a breeding project and focus on that, that's what I'm doing

That's nice for you. I'm totally not interested in breeding projects. I tried one once and was bored to tears.

Succeeded in getting my 3rd GoN with a cb male magma. Absolutely was not expecting to get it so quickly, especially when my friend who has been summoning just as long, has none at all.

Friend of mine got her 2nd on May 21st, and got her 3rd yesterday...

Friend of mine got her 2nd on May 21st, and got her 3rd yesterday...

I actually got my first two one right after the other, which is one reason I thought that surely, I'd be waiting years for this one. I summoned the first on Nov 6 and the second on Nov 21 2012. Sending out whatever is left of my good luck to those still summoning.

I'm not able to vote in the poll because I already looked at the results, but today I successfully summoned with a female Ice dragon. Here are my other statistics:

Ice Dragons: 12

Magma Dragons: 9

Thunder Dragons: 8

Total Trios: 29

Neither will not getting frustrated.  The idea that if somehow I keep having hope that the next time I summon it will work is called 'magical thinking'.  Yeah, maybe it will work, but not because I'm 'not frustrated'.  It really makes no difference how I feel or whether or not I post about my frustrations here or anything at all except some weird DC formula about 'chances'.  Some people get their GoNs the first time they try, and other people waste their time for years and get nothing.  Why shouldn't some of us be frustrated? 

That's nice for you.  I'm totally not interested in breeding projects. I tried one once and was bored to tears.

I can empathse with the frustration of not summoning a Guardian of Nature. I've been playing since 2010 and I didn't summon my first Guardian of Nature until 2013. Since then, I've summoned my second and third within four months of each other. I'm not going to say "Don't get frustrated" because you've every right to feel frustration - but kecemis was only suggesting a different task to pass the time between summonings. It isn't for everyone and I respect that you do not wish to partake in breeding projects.

Looking at your scroll, you've maybe three or four complete Trio sets, I recommend obtaining more Trios whether through breeding them, catching them, or having them gifted/traded to increase your chances of success. Once upon a couple of years ago; it didn't matter if you had an army of the dragons, the chances were still the same as with one set, or twenty. Now though, your chances are increased with more complete sets - once back a couple of years, and again now with the Avatars. If you're interested in assistance with obtaining more Trios, I can try my dragons for you. I wish you and anyone else who's yet to summon a Guardian of Nature, the best of luck with doing so.

----

As for my statistics, my first Summoning was successful with a female Thunder. The second and third were successful with a female Ice.

I don't recall how many Trio dragons I had with the first summon (probably in the ballpark of three to four complete sets), but the second and third were with the same number, five complete sets.

My first try at summoning, I failed. But on the second, I summoned (: I didnt try again until a few weeks ago but it failed.

I got lucky on that second time I guess. But then again, Ive only tried summoning three times.

I try to summon the GoN buy not luck at all, Look like i never every Avatars eggs.

Now i will have to wait for Jun 18, 2014. But i know i won't get one.

So I don't quite understand this, so is there an increased chance of summoning with more trios/rarer dragons? And can you summon with each trio? Still new to this.

Oh. My goodness. I just summoned my 3rd GoN. wub.gif Off to influence female and hide it away. Wheeeeeeeeee!

ETA: Used a male Thunder, have around 15 Trio sets. If you're still working on yours, don't give up! That summon will come in for you! *Throws positive luck vibes in all directions*

Edited by LibbyLishly

Got my first GoN thanks to this lovely sweetheart. She was also my first Trio dragon which made the summon all the more special. ^^

So I don't quite understand this, so is there an increased chance of summoning with more trios/rarer dragons? And can you summon with each trio? Still new to this.

It used to be easier for those who had fewer sets of trios. But then it changed. For each complete set of trios you have, (One Magma, One Thunder, One Ice) your chances of summoning a GoN increase. Luck still plays a very big role.

No, it doesn't matter which trio dragon you choose the summon action counts all of the dragons and you have to wait for two weeks before you can try again and only if you have an open egg slot on your scroll.

I got my GoN about a month ago, (HAZZAH! biggrin.gif ) after trying for over a year. I've still got two more GoN's to try for and I'm looking forward to the adventure. In the meantime I am now happy to try and breed 2G and 3G avatars for others who aren't having as much luck. happy.gif

And by rarer dragons do you mean better chances with CB trios? It doesn't matter if they're CB or messy. A trio dragon is still a trio. smile.gif

Edited by Syiren

I just summoned my first GoN with a female magma.

It's my second attempt, before the avatar release I had no interest in GoNs. I have 7 trios, still trying to complete 10 trios. The first time that I tried I had only 1 trio and nothing happened so I decided to gather some more trios to increase the odds and tada!! I got my GoN. <3

It used to be easier for those who had fewer sets of trios.

Uh, no? When the trios were new the chance of successfully summoning was just the same no matter how many sets you had. One set or 100 sets, same chance. After too much "whining" from members TJ made it so that more sets = better chance.

I think at that time he also increased the chance of successfully summoning with only one set, but I'm not sure of that. In any case he did increase the chance (again) recently on the birthday, though no one knows by how much. Judging by the successes in this topic though, it's enough to really make a difference smile.gif

Edited by Rhynn Collins

Woo!

Just summoned my 3rd GoN egg *hugs her Male Ice Dragon and high-fives her other Trio members*. I have 2 complete Trios (one of males - one of female)

I'm quite pleased that I got it on my second summon attempt since the limit was raised.