elderberrysyrup

Summoning Discussion ver2.0

What did you use to successfully summon?  

1,588 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haha, congrats to the successful people!

My Trios came off of cooldown today so I tried again... unsuccessfully. Darn, I really wanted an April Fools GoN. That would've been great. laugh.gif

After years and years of trying, I summoned my second Guardian of Nature just now!

Some statistics:

-I got my first Trio dragon, a male Ice, on November 23rd, 2009.

-On December 13 2009 I got my first Thunder, a female.

-It then took me ages to get my first Magma: I got it on February 23, 2011.

-It grew up on March 3rd, so that's when I started Summoning.

-My first successful Summon happened on January 25th, 2013 (when the amount of trios you have didn't matter yet, I think).

-I summoned approximately every two weeks, so that would be approximately 60 tries to get the first one.

-Today I summoned the second one, April 3rd 2014

-Again I summoned approximately every two weeks, so that would be approximately 30 more tries.

-This means I summoned approximately 90 times in total

-I now have 11 full trios.

-I don't remember what I used to summon the first one. However, the second was summoned with a female Ice.

I'm glad this journey is finally over! It's going to be weird to not have to summon anymore...

Provided this one doesn't die somewhere along the way, of course xd.png

First successful Summon today. Used a male Ice ( http://dragcave.net/lineage/HMBp7 ) I love him dearly now. I had cheated earlier on the poll to see what was in the lead, so tack on another for male ice. I think my total is 1/3 (For those who have been trying for years, don't hate me) Congrats to all other Summonies, and hoping for you determined souls!

I summoned my first GoN with a CB female ice on the 6th of May 2013 and summoned my second GoN with a CB male ice on the 23rd of April 2014. It took about a year between summonings. I ot my first GoN on my fourth try.

successful summon done today, took many tries but finally got it. smile.gif

summoned with a female thunder dragon

Edited by chr. draco

I'm baaaaacccckkk! First try for 3rd GON (who would have thought??!!) - FAIL. Like that was a surprise. See ya all in two weeks.

Edit: Oh, yeah tried with a male Thunder.

Edited by raindear

Must be my bad luck then lol, i have 7 complete sets, no luck summoning, and i've just seen someone succesfully summon with just one set of trio's xd.png

I'm in shock!  Since the May release, I've had enough other things going on that I just never had the room to summon.  This morning, I've been double checking a lot of the growing eggs to see how I want them to gender, and comparing them to adult dragons on my scroll.  I was looking at the action page of one of my Ices and the Summon link quietly said "Try. Now."  Compelled, I clicked the link and spelled out the action.

"Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons combine their powers, summoning a mysterious egg."  blink.gif

That's it! My first one was one of the 2012 Leap Year summons, and 17 months later, this is the second, so I'm done!  I hope I can spread my luck for all those who have been trying more than a year! <3

biggrin.gif

I thought I was done. rolleyes.gif

Tried for the new one yesterday, after the announcement was first made. I used a Thunder, since Magmas and Ices weren't showing Summon yet. It failed, as did my attempts to breed Avatars. I keep wondering if I'd waited another hour, would it have made a difference? dry.gif

I can try again on May 28 for the Avatars, and June 4th for the Summon.

Good luck, everybody! smile.gif

I don't even have a GoN. I have what I need, I would sure as heck like

one, but not again until may 27th? I think? I cant remember off the top of my head.

Edited by Howitzersfriend

Dragongrrl, I feel exactly like you! I thought I was done, then the limits were raised, so now I tried to summon today, and that was unsuccessful. Time to keep trying! I'll work on getting the avatars after I summon my third one.

I don't even have a GoN. I have what I need, I would sure as heck like

one, but not again until may 27th? I think? I cant remember off the top of my head.

Go to the action page of one of your Trio dragons. When you are not egg- or scroll-locked, Summon will show with the date that it is next available. Keep in mind, it is two weeks to the minute from your last Summon.

I hope this helps. smile.gif

ETA: @purpledragonclaw - Yes, it's time to get back to work! Good luck with your efforts!

Edited by dragongrrl

This new update brings me fond memories of when I first joined the site and got my trios and instantly got my GoN's. 2/2

It pissed some people off but others were happy to join in my joy. I'll be sure to send everyone good GoN vibes so they can breed some beautiful avatars!

Summon fail again at 12 sets. :'(

With the addition of a third slot, I've tried for another GON. Nothing came up though. D:

Once again I tried to summon and failed, even with the increased chances. This is the second time since the increased chances, in fact. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to summon a GoN, and now this is even more painful since it means I'll never be able to breed Avatars, while other people have three GoNs and dozens of Avatars. I'm starting to lose my enthusiasm for the Dragon Cave.

Today I summoned succesfully my second GoN laugh.gif

Two weeks ago I had been unsuccesful, I don't remember what I had used then. This time I used an Ice.

Good luck to everyone else! Just focus on something else in the meantime, because you'll be succesful when you'll expect it least wink.gif

Today I summoned succesfully my second GoN laugh.gif

Two weeks ago I had been unsuccesful, I don't remember what I had used then. This time I used an Ice.

Me too - success! biggrin.gif I used Tess Tesla, a Thunder this time. I forgot what I used last time.

Summoned my 3rd GoN with a thunder and 38 sets of trios.

My second attempt for my third GoN was unsuccessful. Oh well. smile.gif Congrats to all the successful Summoners, I'll wish the rest of you good luck in your attempts, and see you here again on the 18th! rolleyes.gif

got my first 2 summons long before the update but no luck so far summoning the 3rd although i did manage to successfully breed avatars from my current GoNs xd.png

good luck everyone still trying to summon