TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

one of me new eggs makes the hoax. its not exact letter for letter but it's in the right order and that's how you want to read it. laugh.gif

hoax

h0ex

is close.

I have turned of both on my computer and still cannot get any eggs as still lags, guess will not get any egg this year or well it happens, just glad others are

Still no egg. This is impossible. 4 hours and nothing to show for it. I give up for the night. It's 4 am and I need sleep.

Stupid lag. Stupid internet. fml. dry.gif

Also, I have been trying to kill the same dragon for the past 20 minutes...

>_______<

Can you not kill adults, or is it just really hard? I don't have any hatchlings I want to kill, unless frozen ones will still work.

Um, not for all of us. I'm really supposed to be asleep already (and will be very shortly, if I can calm my nerves from all this), and between work and family stuff tomorrow I probably won't be able to get on for more than another hour and a half at most before the event ends. I do at least have a catcher helping me (thank you again, by the way!), but even if she doesn't have anything else at all to do, she'll have to take at least some time to sleep (and I'd guess most people, including her, are going to be doing something other than this for Halloween. tongue.gif) So, yeah, it might only be 20% of the entire time they're dropping, but that doesn't mean it's only 20% of the time any given person can catch them.

There's just no pleasing you guys, is there? When I'm pessimistic, I get people snapping at me, and when I'm optimistic I get people snapping at me.

How do you do to turn of java and pictures in the bowser? I've totally forgot that (last time I did it was Halloween '08).. /:

I've both IE and firefox..

Caught 2 Halloween eggs for Completely Different and 2 for Herby. PM me if you need any help with catching! smile.gif

They do hide it well.

To turn off Images:

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > scroll to Multimedia > uncheck Show Pictures checkbox

To turn off Javascript:

Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet > Custom Level > scroll to Scripting > select Disable

I got these from the first two results when I Googled: turn off images javascript ie7

Just saying.  Search engines are useful that way.

This is how you turn them off in IE. FF is easier to figure out, just go to Options and it's obvious from there.

Edited by ~!~

Yay I got 4 of the new eggs so I'm going to go to bed and happy hunting to the rest of you and a big old Happy Halloween for those who celebrate it!

There's just no pleasing you guys, is there? When I'm pessimistic, I get people snapping at me, and when I'm optimistic I get people snapping at me.

It's not a matter of pessimistic/optimistic. With how stressed people are right now it can sound like you may be saying something IS a certain way for all players when because of internet and computer differences (among other things) being different for everyone, there's a VAST array of different conditions. It can sound like you (or anyone, really) is talking down to others saying "well your situation can't be the way you say because for me it's like this" in a way.

Also, I have been trying to kill the same dragon for the past 20 minutes...

>_______<

Can you not kill adults, or is it just really hard? I don't have any hatchlings I want to kill, unless frozen ones will still work.

If something dodges it will keep dodging for the next 24 hours. I got pissed off at my dodgy hatchling and abandoned it. sleep.gif

Still just 94 treats right?

I've counted them as one every hour...but I could be wrong...gonna stay up and refresh til I'm blue, to check.

This is insane. Finally caught one, but have to leave for a concert in 7 hours... and I won't get home till after it is over. My costume takes a couple hours to put on completely, so I think I will be going with no sleep to the concert. But at least I will have eggs. I never have problems, am always locked by the second drop. Anyone know of a way to disable java and images in google chrome? Hope there isn't a ton of treats today, because I will miss them ALL. sad.gif

I know everyone's excited and a little frustrated if they are not able to catch any eggs. But just keep in mind that this is just a game and that while it'd be nice to get everything you want RL stuff is more important. Though if you want to....

Stay up all night, I can provide the caffeine, however you like it ( I work for Starbucks lol!) and after a few energy drinks packed away for tomorrow to make it through you'll be happy but utterly exhausted. ^ ^ That'll settle any problems. smile.gif

Guys, please don't call them CRUSTY eggs xd.png

(Oh lord I am laughing so hard)

SCABBY EGGS. Plz and thank you :>

This is how you turn them off in IE. FF is easier to figure out, just go to Options and it's obvious from there.

Thank you for posting this. DC is now faster for me.

Got 4 eggs after 3 hours of trying.

No I try to get some for a friend. smile.gif

is it just me or is the hourly drop not showing up?

Nothing for me yet, either. ._.

is it just me or is the hourly drop not showing up?

I think the drops are being a little random...the previous one actually started before the top of the hour IIRC.