TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Gave in and turned off javascript and loading images automatically and got three within five minutes, locking me. If only I had a hatchie incubate I could use twice on one of my hatchlings so I could grab another new egg.

They are gorgeous! Even if their description reminds me of toast. 8D

/officially names new dragons toast dragons :B

I have never turned off images, but i think i might have to this time. Though i dont know how, anyone care to tell me how to turn off images in IE?

Loading..Loading.. [10 minutes later] Loading.. Loading.. [15 minutes later] "Sorry, this egg has already been taken by somebody else."

...D'OH!

Oh sweet I got one! Yay! *is very happy* At least I got one. I would like one more but I am happy I got one this year. :3

:D

Just grabbed 3 eggehs. ^^

And so I remain locked until my other egg hatches. :3 (Which will be soon, hopefully...)

Finally managed to get the eggs I wanted, it's been a harsh battle against the lag though.

Now all that remains is to wait and see what crawls out of these eggs.

I have never turned off images, but i think i might have to this time. Though i dont know how, anyone care to tell me how to turn off images in IE?

I've never had to do so before either, but I was getting desperate. Glad I did. :3

Does this link help? /not a IE user

Quick question...

As I have no zombie draggies...will they still remain on the scroll after Halloween?

Wow.

I think I just got three more. Yes, yes I did! Woot! *crazy happy dance*

I didn't really want to give in and turn off Java and images, but it certainly works well and I'd do anything for these eggs. I have a feeling they'll turn into particularly awesome dragons! 8D

Quick question...

As I have no zombie draggies...will they still remain on the scroll after Halloween?

Yes, but they can only be seen on the 31st of each month, IIRC.

Now we just need Butter Dragons, and we'll be set.

meh *lol* I doubt this is a Toast dragon. At least Im not scared of my Hallowee...Toast?

I have a brilliant idea...how about everyone STOp trying to get an egg and let me grab one so I can go to sleep, lol. Doesn't that sound like a superb plan?

For Images, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Multimedia heading > uncheck Show Pictures

For Javascript, go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Custom Level > Scroll to the bottom and then go back up until you see Scripting > check Disable under Active Scripts

Nearly 3 dozen eggs caught tonight o3O (or maybe over 3 dozen, I kinda lost track)

It's 4 AM, so I need to stop catching and get some sleep, but I thought I'd post the technique I use to catch in this lag. Hope it helps someone out!

Step 1: Disable Javascript and images

user posted image

This makes the Cave load much faster-- also you can click the egg link anytime, without having to wait for the little egg sprite to appear. I use Chrome, since I have found that to be the fastest, but instructions for disabling Javascript and images in browsers is easily available via Google search.

Turning off images in IE, FF, Chrome, or Safari, turning off Javascript in IE, turning off Javascript in FF, turning off Javascript in Chrome

Also, try to close as many programs on your computer as possible, and limit the number of tabs that are open as well. You need as much CPU as you can get.

Step 2: Reload the page by clicking the top banner.

user posted image

DO: Click the top right of the upper, largest banner

DO: Immediately then move your mouse to the far-right egg slot

DON'T: Click "Logout" instead >.<

DON'T: Go all the way over to the little "Cave" banner. The large banner is much closer.

DON'T: Use F5. I don't know why, but that always just gives me WSOD.

Step 3: Hover and watch.

user posted image

While the Cave tries to load, hover over that far right egg, and INTENTLY watch the little loading wheel on your browser. In Chrome, that wheel moves backwards until the page actually begins to load; I don't remember what it does in other browsers but it's probably similar. Also, hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard. This will make the "Get" page open in a new tab when you click, leaving the main page available to immediately reload and try for another egg.

Step 4: CLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

user posted image

THE VERY INSTANT that the little wheel stops spinning backwards (or whatever it does to signify lag in your browser) and does ANYTHING ELSE, click. It might start spinning forward, or it might just suddenly change to the egg icon. Either way, with images and Javascript off that wheel should be the ONLY THING on the page that visibly changes, so it's your only cue. Reflex is key. Also, make sure you're still holding down the CTRL key.

Step 5: Repeat.

user posted image

Don't worry about checking to see if you got anything-- as soon as you've clicked, get your mouse back up to that banner and start again. Get yourself into a click-hover-watch-CLICK-click-hover groove.

Once you have a ton of tabs open (or the Cave empties, whichever is first), you can go through those tabs and see if you got anything.

Good luck, fellow DCers!

I got one. I'll hope for at least one more, but this is definently good. smile.gif

Quick question...

Yes, I still have mine from last year...but they only show up for a few hours around midnight....

Cool smile.gif got one with images and java script on, turned it off... to catch one an hour after ... then to turn it back on and randomly catch a third one blink.gif ... gotta love the odds xd.png

Happy Halloween once again!

I believe today might actually be good now laugh.gif

... just missing pumpkin dragons now >.< may have to wait a year for those lol

Yes, but they can only be seen on the 31st of each month, IIRC.

Mkay, thankies. :3

Ehh, anyone want some help snatching eggies? :3

PM if ya do.

Everything is laggy for me... I can finally see the eggs when they are already gone biggrin.gif

Good luck everyone! But I think it's not working for me.

Oh yeah: Happy Halloween ^^

I finally got my 4 smile.gif !

At least the lag is not as bad as the one at the last release... thank you TJ for fixing whatever problem it was ^^ !!!

And of course : AWESOME egg biggrin.gif !!!

FINALLY GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif three more to go,but I doubt I'll be so lucky next time...

Edit: AND ANOTHER smile.gif

Edited by SakuraBlossom