TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Is anyone willing to help me? I've been trying to catch one for 5 hours straight refreshing the pages just about every minute to do so. It's 5 am and I am really about ready to call it a fudging day and say I don't need no stupid Halloween dragon.

Maybe my screens are helping too (beware, it's German) :

user posted image

user posted image

I'm also using AddBlockPlus, which helps to block more than just the ''normal'' images and Java and using the ReloadEvery add on smile.gif .

Hope this could help a bit ^^ !

Edited by Shichibi

I finally turned off Java in addition to just images, but it doesn't affect anything at all.

^DITTO! I have had everything turned off for at least 2 hours and nothing. This is SOOO frustrating when I read people getting their 4 and then running around grabbing more for everyone under the moon. It's just VERY frustrating but I know that is the name of the game.

I should go to bed. I'm only going to get 6 hours as it is. Good night All! Happy Halloween. Best of luck and keep trying! Hopefully I'll get a second egg if I have time in the morning. Bye~

I take everything back!

Thank you TPishek for the tipps and tricks, finally got my Halloween eggies ^^

Maybe my screens are helping too (beware, it's German) :

user posted image

user posted image

I'm also using AddBlockPlus, which helps to block more than just the ''normal'' images and Java and using the ReloadEvery add on smile.gif .

Hope this could help a bit ^^ !

Quoting this for the new page ^^ .

so how many treats are there in total now?

So far, 94....I will try in about 4 mins to see if I get another....it will be one hours since the last....it was an hour before that I got the first one......

Guys, please don't call them CRUSTY eggs xd.png

(Oh lord I am laughing so hard)

SCABBY EGGS. Plz and thank you :>

thats what i was thinking. dark, crusty....

i have images of a dragon that has blood scabbing over between its scales and is leaking blood constantly. eeuh...i feel bad for it.

oh, and by the way, i noticed that my little badges have caught on on the forums, so i made a new set for this year

user posted image

[IMG=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/silverstreak12/Pum3.gif]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/silverstreak12/Pum4.gif]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/silverstreak12/Crust1.gif]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/silverstreak12/Crust2.gif]

going ahead and quoting this one last time before i head off to sleep

I'm so envious of people who're getting dozens of eggs, I don't know how you guys do it!

Are you telling me you haven't heard of the Great Toast Monster, the ghost of charred breakfasts past, who rises from its ashy grave on Hallow's Eve?

It is the greatest horror in this world.

Is it the arch-nemesis of the great Flying Spaghetti Monster?

So far, 94....I will try in about 4 mins to see if I get another....it will be one hours since the last....it was an hour before that I got the first one......

94 ?

No, there are only 92 ... as far as I know and I got them all so far ^^ .

Edited by Shichibi

Did that, still wont work for me, i can still see the eggs. D:

did you disable javascript and images seperately?

Well, now that I'm (potentially) done with DC for the day (just gotta check in to ensure there aren't more than 94 treats once I get some sleep), I simply have to say:

Persistence is key! The turning off images/turning off Javascript is truly helpful. As is patience. Just keep clicking, and hopefully you'll catch one!

And thanks so much, TJ, for an awesome Halloween. We whine and gripe and complain up the wazoo, but you know that despite our simpers we are gluttons for it.

(slinks off - one less person to make lag for the rest of you!)

Anyone want help catching?

I'm still here, being bored. lD

Hehe, I wish my other egg would hatch so I can grab another one. :3

Well now about to beg someone that has an bit faster connection to help me out as I have have the pictures and Java turn out but then again I live in the country and the connection here is more slower... as still taking well over one minute to an 1 1/2 minutes to reload or before I can do anything... oh well, might not get any this year, anyone have any other advice please let me know

94 ?

No, there are only 92 ... as far as I now and I got them all so far ^^ .

I've got 94 in my treat basket so far too.

94 ?

No, there are only 92 ... as far as I now and I got them all so far ^^ .

Honey...where have you been? Two dropped tonight...little surprises from TJ....check previous posts a bit back....

I just turned off Java/images on Firefox > Preferences > Content > uncheck Enable Java + Load images automatically

Having been a long-time member of GPX+, too, AdBlock of any kind is a no-no for me.

"You already have too many eggs and decide not to overburden yourself by taking this egg."

Whooo! I've finally filled my quota <3

Good luck to everyone still catching!

Honey...where have you been? Two dropped tonight...little surprises from TJ....check previous posts a bit back....

Honey, it's 9:46 AM here and I don't know what you're doing at night, but I was sleeping rolleyes.gif